• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash/Drew (RespectShipping) - Why not?

Why do you like RespectShipping? (Multi-choice)

• I happen to find it cute.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I just put two and two together.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It's the epitome of hilarity! Lolz!

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • some-weird-addiction-I-just-can't-help-it *pops a pill*

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • IRONY is the keyword here!

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • It's hot. Need I say more?

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Because being rational is so yesterday.

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
There were many things that kept me from making this thread at first, but thanks to Umi's encouragement, I finally decided to get off my lazy butt and do it ;D

As the title says, RespectShipping is the alternate name for Ash/Drew from Pokémon (by the way, I'm the one being guilty of giving this ship such a crap name XD). While the ship itself isn't that new any more, it seems like there has never been a proper discussion thread for it, but since I've seen quite a few people on various message boards who have apparently taken a liking to it, I thought it's time for it to have an own thread.

It really doesn't matter if you think the ship has actual hints in the anime or are just of the opinion that it's 'ironic', 'cute', 'hottnezz', or whatever - this thread functions like any other shipping discussion thread does, which means that everyone who at least has some interest in this pairing is more than welcome to join the discussion, as a mere one-on-one talk or even a monologue from my side (o_O) simply wouldn't be any fun.

Wahey!

Who can't love this shipping. x)
Shuu and Satoshi make a prefect couple. ;D

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Sweet May said:
Who can't love this shipping. x)
Shuu and Satoshi make a prefect couple. ;D

Amen to that! Though some people want to disagree with that. *looks around* >.> Well for one, some other shippers wouldn't enjoy this. Their loss I guess. x)

Chelc

I <3 this shipping~ =D

[IMG139]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/shuudrewaikou/Drew%20Pictures/yusuhiraconvention/2.jpg[/IMG139]

Funny when Drew lectures Ash. XD

taitofan

Stalker!
As soon as I started spazzing over HarleyxTakeshi and RobertxHaruka (and thus needed someone to put Shuu with since my first three choices were involved), I really began liking respectshipping. I even gave the couple a cameo in my Snow White parody I had in the shipping fics forum a while ago.

I've never needed evidence to like a couple, so the lack of it doesn't bother me. It's cute. Not as cute as tension/metrocontest/contest IMO, but still enough to call myself a fan. I even have *checks* fifteen pieces of Japanese fanart saved. Not bad for an obscure couple. ^.^

So yeah, count me in for discussion. I'll try my best to keep up. =3

Encyclopika

The Queen
XD Good idea. We needed a thread for this ship.
It's cute and sweet, and definately supported by me. :B

Hakuryuu

Bloody git
Actually... I like this. oO Truely I do. I was never really supportive of any Pokemon, but this one caught my eye. Its cute and kinda fiery. This ship will be going places. XD

Loracia

AAAL and WAWL 4ever!
Ash and Drew? X3 They're cute together...X3 (Although, I like better Ash and Anabel but if I have to match Ash with a guy well...It would be Drew^^)
hero16ta.gif

A fanart by Teppo from Get Happy^^

^^
[img139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/MissSkitty381/Pics/5a6ba8e2.jpg[/img139]
Yeah... xD

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
^That's my favorite Ash-Drew pic of all time XD

And wow..quite a number of people posted within a few minutes, this seems good =D

Might as well throw in a topic then.

When and how did you get into this ship?

It just appeared randomly. D: But I can say it's a good thing. ;)
[img139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/MissSkitty381/Pics/cfbca9fb.jpg[/img139]

Hakuryuu

Bloody git

I kept seeing it around on the board... and get really interested into it. I never really thought of pairing as with a male. Looking at Sushi and Sweet May's sig got me into it. XD Since Sweet May once had in her sig about RespectShipping... and Sushi's banner really got me into it. :3

Ohhhh nice fanart and pic. XD *saves*

taitofan

Stalker!

Like I said, I needed someone to put with Shuu because Harley, Robert, and Haruka were already taken. I thought, 'Hm, Masato or Satoshi...?' Then I remembered Satoshi and Shuu's battle and thought, 'UST FTW!'

Cause the UST is there. It just is.

That was sometime last year. Whenever I started liking RobertxHaruka.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army

First episode I saw their 2 faces. It was more of a fangirl thing since most people I knew at that time preferred straight ships. I thought, "Hey! Why not take away the girl and lock the two guys in a closet?" :D

WaterKrystal

Master Coordinator
I really like this shipping, I think Shuu is the perfect boy to be with Shuu.

I don't remember exactly how I got into it. I remember at first not really being into the entire Shuu/Ash pairing, but after looking at some of the eps/pics and seeing the interaction with them (Shuu kinda making fun of Ash, and Ash getting all mad,etc), it kinda just came to me that they would be a really good pairing.

[IMG200]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/WaterKrystal/DrewGroup257.jpg[/IMG200]

Loracia

AAAL and WAWL 4ever!
When I saw their battle...! I first said ''Drew's really handsome!^o^'' and then, during the battle I started to say ''....It is me or Ash and Drew are kinda cute together?^^'' And after that, I saw some of Teppo's fanarts and now...X3 I think they're cute together!!^^

Teppo's RS fanarts rock. ;;
[img139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/MissSkitty381/Pics/DrewHakura180.jpg[/img139]
8D

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Sweet May said:
Teppo's RS fanarts rock. ;;
[img139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/MissSkitty381/Pics/DrewHakura180.jpg[/img139]
8D

The writers should've put those 2 in a better position for the fangirls. XP It's all about the fangirls now! XP

WaterKrystal

Master Coordinator
^ Shuu leaning on Ash...how hot.
I would love to see an ep, with more Shuu/Ash together...that's what we need, more Shuu/Ash stuff.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I like it. :D It makes for good 'open-mouth, insert-foot' material for the really n00bish Pokeshippers/Advanceshippers/Contestshippers. :D

That and Shuu's too pretty for a girl. >D He needs a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.