• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash-Greninja Battle Viability Assessment: Compilation!

Is Ash-Greninja The Strongest Pokémon Ash Has Ever Owned (as of XYZ)?

• Total voters

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nothing can top Ash vs Diantha in terms of feats for Ash's Pokemon based on what has happened in the anime and is quite unlikely to happen in the future. Ash has been curbstomped again and again multiple times in the past by E4 members, just check out his utter mismatches with E4 members during DP, especially with Flint. And this time he battled a freaking Champion, who are portrayed quite a cut above E4 members (not to mention that some Champions like Cynthia and Diantha have been explicitly shown defeating E4 members' aces without giving a second thought), and he and Ash-Greninja made the Champion's ace Pokemon, even after it Mega Evolved, eat the humble pie. We can argue semantics all day about how Diantha was holding back and so on, but looking at the fight from a clearly straightforward and neutral point of view it's clearly evident that she definitely was taking the battle a lot more seriously at the end as she herself made statements acknowledging Ash-Greninja's strength and eventually was pressurized enough to Mega Evolve Gardevoir and visibly used clearly way more powerful looking attacks.....and yet got clearly thoroughly overpowered by mastered form Ash-Greninja's Giant Water Shuriken in the end and was send flying away sprawling through the ground screaming in pain with multiple scratch marks on its body, and Diantha being visibly concerned about Gardevoir's well-being. Literally no-where else, let alone in Ash battles, have we seen a Champion and his/her ace being pushed to that extent, taking that amount of damage and getting overwhelmed in the end. It was hardly ever imaginable anytime before or after the fight that Ash can stand up to the Champion in that fashion and push the Champion to the extent, making him/her sweat and gain the advantage/upper hand in the battle in a significant margin. Which is why Ash-Greninja's performance vs Diantha's Mega Gardevoir is certainly the GOAT performance by an Ash Pokemon in the anime so far.

I repeat as I had said before my post, nothing in the anime so far has topped that performance in my book and is very unlikely to do it in the future.

All hail Ash-Greninja!!!

BDfCYlF.gif

VC0eEMY.gif

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Genaller

Silver Soul
@Genaller is Ash-Greninja stronger than all the regional champs? Lance, Alder, etc?
For all intents and purposes yeah Ash-Greninja >= every Champion Base Ace. Like I had argued in the A-G vs Garchomp thread there really doesn’t seem to be any reason to assume that any Champion Ace is outright better than any other Champion Ace. There’s definitive evidence that Cynthia ~ Alder and Diantha ~ Steven. In addition Cynthia and Diantha also have a congruent feat which is seemingly easily beating Lucian’s Bronzong <-> seemingly easily beating Wikstrom’s Mega Scizor (while also using ME). From here we can say with confidence that Steven, Cynthia, Alder and Diantha are all on par. That leaves us with Wallace and Lance. Since Steven is the current Champion Steven >= Wallace. Hard to say if Steven outright better though at least as of now he’s a good upper bound for Wallace’s strength. Lance is easily the biggest mystery variable here since he’s neither had a proper battle or any other feat/portrayal that scales him to any of the other champions. His main appearances come during a TR incident in Johto and the Team Magma/Aqua climax and in those cases he doesn’t show anything to suggest he’s above the other champions.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
For all intents and purposes yeah Ash-Greninja >= every Champion Base Ace. Like I had argued in the A-G vs Garchomp thread there really doesn’t seem to be any reason to assume that any Champion Ace is outright better than any other Champion Ace. There’s definitive evidence that Cynthia ~ Alder and Diantha ~ Steven. In addition Cynthia and Diantha also have a congruent feat which is seemingly easily beating Lucian’s Bronzong <-> seemingly easily beating Wikstrom’s Mega Scizor (while also using ME). From here we can say with confidence that Steven, Cynthia, Alder and Diantha are all on par. That leaves us with Wallace and Lance. Since Steven is the current Champion Steven >= Wallace. Hard to say if Steven outright better though at least as of now he’s a good upper bound for Wallace’s strength. Lance is easily the biggest mystery variable here since he’s neither had a proper battle or any other feat/portrayal that scales him to any of the other champions. His main appearances come during a TR incident in Johto and the Team Magma/Aqua climax and in those cases he doesn’t show anything to suggest he’s above the other champions.
I mean this is an interesting post comparing all the champions to each other but how on earth does it answer the @Power Up's question?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Ash-Greninja is stronger than Diantha's Gardevoir and since Diantha = rest of Champions, then Ash-Greninja must be stronger than their aces.
Oh, oh, gotcha, I see.