• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash-Greninja vs Origins Red's MCX

R1: Normal Greninja v Normal Charizard

R2: Ash-Greninja vs MCX

Who wins?

Red and Blue

Red's Mega Charizard. That thing was able to take down Mewtwo, something I doubt Ash Greninja could do despite the type advantage

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Origins Red is a crap trainer because he relies on the turn based system.

Red and Blue

As much as I think Greninja is overrated, I think Greninja would win both rounds because Origins Red really isn't that great of a trainer at all honestly.
Not great of a trainer? He beat the E4 and champion, something I doubt Ash could do as he is now

blizzardblaze

also, what is it with his bland personality? he's just a mary sue who got to the league and is praised by people because he 'got to the league' a lot faster than ash. time skip...and he doesn't even use a lot of strategy. just a lot of...*sends out pokemon* Return, Jolteon or Scyther! his movesets are pretty bad imo, ash does a better job with it.

greninja wins for a few reasons. one, ash helps it have better reaction speed because he can notice things that greninja can't and with these improved instincts, red's charizard isn't going to go well. if he's using turn based system, ash will wreck him so hard with dodging and water shuriken. yeah, mega evolution does give him a boost, but fire spin? seriously? how will that help? slash is a terrible move to go up against greninja who has double team to help it avoid that move and then follow up with a counter, plus greninja excels with close range combat as that's it's battle style. Swift can counter this, yes, but I highly doubt that Ash will just let that slide and will counter rather quickly. ash greninja has also been able to go toe to toe with diantha's mega gardevoir, who is no undoubtedly stronger than any of blue's Pokemon.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
A-G, as already said, origins red isn't really that great of a trainer or battler, he's even more pure power than alain, who at least used some strategy

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Not great of a trainer? He beat the E4 and champion, something I doubt Ash could do as he is now

Yeah but a problem that Origins addressed... that Charizard is the ONLY pokemon Red has bothered to really train. (Admit it, as a kid you only really relied on your starter as well.)

That one Charizard vs a team of trained pokemon KIND of makes it one sided.

blizzardblaze

but...that's not what we're talking about. it's not ash's FULL team, it's ash's greninja VS Red's Charizard, 1VS1

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
but...that's not what we're talking about. it's not ash's FULL team, it's ash's greninja VS Red's Charizard, 1VS1

That Greninja doesn't have too great of a move set IMO, but Red's Charizard is even worse in that regard. (Even with the excuse that Red's Charizard became mega long before the trainer had an idea of how it works.)

There isn't much to compare between either trainers and we know it!

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
He also tried to capture someone else's Pokémon, something that Ash has never done, not even in the OS or BW.
Because (surprise surprise) Red was a rookie and I'm sure everyone's tried to throw a ball at someone else's pokémon during the first time they ever played a pokémon game

By the end of Origins, Red is maybe as strong as Ash was during the Silver Conference

That's also not taking into account the differences between the Anime and Origins, where in the Anime, Ash only recently defeated someone as strong as ONE Elite Four member (Alain, because let's face it, Greninja only lost because of executive meddling and had that not been the case, Ash would've won)

Red defeated the equivalent of four Alains and a Champion to boot

In a 1v1, I think Ash-Greninja could win despite its quad weakness to fire moves because Red really isn't that strategic whereas Ash is all over the place

So whoever wins boils down to whomever you really feel like deserves it at the time

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Yeah i am agree with that but orgin red is base on frlg red and his story pretty much it just kid got lucky enough to beat Giovanni and his world is base on logics of video games a turn-based rpg one mind you.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Interesting how people who don't think Greninja is champion tier suddenly do think he's champion tier when it's a champion they don't like

Nah! I like Red, but Origins Red's actions is more akin to how WE the player played our first games as a dumb kid and it reflects on that. (Compared to Ash who's thinking outside the box to win is a common trait through out the series.)

I am only giving that Greninja a bone because statistically, it is better in a fight in comparison. (I am not a fan of Ash Greninja.... at all! But Origin's Red Charizard is a far cry from the games counterpart and it is inferior compared to Alain's Charizard.)

Last edited: