• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Has Been Cursed... (1105)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1105.jpg

Ash Has Been Cursed...

Strange phenomenon have been happening at Sakuragi's Laboratory lately such as rooms getting ramsacked. On hunting down the problem, Ash & Go find out that the culprit is none other than the Gengar they had encountered previously. Ash & Go both intend to catch the Gengar but Ash starts acting very weird and even almost falls down the stairs. Is Gengar responsible? Will they stop Gengar?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

TomRC121991

What sort of Pokeball that Ash use catch Gengar?
Normal, Great, Ultra, Dusk, Luxury, Repeat, Moon, Premier or something?

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
Man I really felt for Gengar and understand why it lashed out the way it did, being abandoned for seemingly years. I legitmately wanted it's previous trainer to bite the big one, but since it's Pokemon, yeah. Also this Gengar is really strong and overpowered, it HARD carried the entire Double Battle while Pikachu was getting knocked around like a rag doll. A powerful addition to Ash's team.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm starting to feel more optimistic about the TRio now. The past few appearances were decently handled and they feel like actual characters.
And they are in Vermillion City.... would have been nice to know I don't know, a few episodes ago? Not episode 16 lol
It's nice that both of them got to use the Gacha machine this time seeing how Jessie used it the past two times by herself, though it is disappointing the Chewtle situation doesn't appear to be touched on... maybe it'll appear in the Ditto episode? Them using Dusclops' was a clever idea and helps make the Kanto ghost(as a species) getting yet another episode sit better.

I'm not really a fan of the whole abandoned Pokemon thing, they've done this so many times... but at least his new Fire type(assuming he gets one) won't be using that plot line. Gengar's personality is great and really puts him apart from Haunter, but they really shouldn't play this if they give him Tyranitar. They clearly remember Larvitar(as proven fairly recently) and it's wild.

Also Go didn't catch or evolve a single thing! That's all I wanted out of an Ash focus episode!
10/10

dman_dustin

The title screen was really amazing, I thought it was part of the actual episode for a moment.

And now I can finally be happy that Ash wasn't screwed over and that Ash actually was allowed to capture something in this: "I want to catch loads more Pokemon" fiasco.

Now I can be fine for awhile. Please writers no more capture competitions or "I want to catch loads more Pokemon" because if you do that I'm not going to be happy with a long string of nothing happening.

Let me be fine with the relative free of captures/evolutions (except maybe the Scorbunny episode), for these episodes and let's just settle for awhile.

I don't expect Go to stop catching but honestly no more "capture competitions" please. Allow Ash some time to breath, unless its Riolu then shove that on Ash's team as soon as possible if you will, but outside of that, let's just get some good Dragonite, Gengar and Mr. Mime episodes please.

Ultra Beast Lover

And this is why I don't want to just stop watching the anime. Ash is getting these amazing and weird captures now, sure it's mostly Kanto Pokemon but I'll live with that. Now, what's this about Larvitar being remembered recently? I dropped the anime after it looked like the anime was going to stop being fun. But, if they bring that Larvitar back...

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Looked like a fun episode and Ash got a great addition to his team.

Interested in seeing how they follow Ash's team up from here on out... Dragonite and Gengar are both cool as ****, but seeing Ash train Pokemon from the ground up also has it's charm. If he's really getting Riolu, hope the other Galar starter's make their debuts soon afterwards.

Egakor

So Sakuragi knew about Gengar's action but chose to ignore it because it seems fun.
Nice to see TRio trying to invite Gengar at first instead of just using force to restrain him right away.
It seems Ash is not used to Double Battle since most of his battles in the series are Single (or Tag). I hope he will get more Double Battles in this series.
Even TRio is surprised by how fast Gengar got over its distrust of human lol

Egakor

And this is why I don't want to just stop watching the anime. Ash is getting these amazing and weird captures now, sure it's mostly Kanto Pokemon but I'll live with that. Now, what's this about Larvitar being remembered recently? I dropped the anime after it looked like the anime was going to stop being fun. But, if they bring that Larvitar back...
Larvitar showed up in a flashback in SM anime.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So Gengar was abandoned for what 3-4 years? at least the seasons passing seemed to point to that, but Pokemon time is weird.

Great episode, I actually enjoyed TR in this episode since they gave us a good battle, weird that the Gacha gave them the exact same Pokemon, but I'm assuming that is them memming on gachas in general.

Looking forward to see some battles with Gengar.

Ultra Beast Lover

Here's hoping for Riolu. So far it seems like Ash is getting Pokemon he had an important connection to, or at least a Pokemon in the family. Mr. Mime is the family Pokemon, Gengar is in the same family as the Haunter he befriended and as for Dragonite... Lance and Iris owned one, ok that one's harder to pin down because I don't remember every instance of a Dragonite but still.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Great episode, I actually enjoyed TR in this episode since they gave us a good battle, weird that the Gacha gave them the exact same Pokemon, but I'm assuming that is them memming on gachas in general.
How long before we start seeing Pokemon from the gacha machine in seasonal clothing?