• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Has Been Cursed... (1105)

Red and Blue

It was going to be hard to top the wham moment Ash catching Dragonite caused. That broke so many trends at the time

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Kind of dissapointed it went for Ash but hopefully that's the last Kanto pokémon he gets in this series.

Ultra Beast Lover

Part of me hopes Ash gets a Larvitar, if not the very same one, but I'd also like him to have a Riolu. Though, I don't think the writers will bring him back. Just please, no more Kanto Pokemon. I'm sick of Kanto. I don't mind Dragonite too much because honestly I always considered it Gen 2 due to it being hard to come by in Kanto and also those two Generations just blend together for me so I don't know who came from where when it comes to those two.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It was going to be hard to top the wham moment Ash catching Dragonite caused. That broke so many trends at the time
Riolu will probably do it, never have I seen anything get requested for Ash as hard as Lucario has for way over a decade.

Gengar is cool and all but because it's not the Haunter from the original series, it makes sense not to garner a ton of attention.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Didn't stop the whole world from going bananas for his 3-on-3 final battle victory at the Alola League.
Coz the league is a big thing. Ash finally won one. The oha suta is a segment not many people watch so casuals learning ash won a league was more surprising. And people were still in denial thinking ash is just holding gladions trophy. Also I like how you're trying to still mock the final battle for being 3vs3 when other league finals 6v6 were just glorified 3vs3 anyways (except for Paul) and the match to decide the strongest trainer was one on one. 3vs3 doesn't mean anything

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

If it was the Haunter we all know and love, it sure would have.
If he does actually get a Tyranitar and it's Larvitar, that'll probably blow up harder than Dragonite did.

Ultra Beast Lover

If it was the Haunter we all know and love, it sure would have.
If he does actually get a Tyranitar and it's Larvitar, that'll probably blow up harder than Dragonite did.
Though I wonder how that would work, we've established that there's a weird vortex thing going on so if it hasn't even been a year then Larvitar still just got returned to his mom. Although it could be like with Pikachu, Larvitar feels like he's a burden so runs away and finds Ash. That could then give Pikachu a moment to be like, "Crud, better go find my family. Not staying with them but it wouldn't hurt to say hey I'm ok."

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
*checks twitter*

Well, this capture wasn't enough of a trending thing to trend unlike Dragonite's capture. I guess people like the dragon much more than the ghost.

Dear ARCEUS, that's an ETERNITY in this anime!

Gengar: "Happily waiting. All on my own. Under this din-ky roof. Counting the milliseconds. Sitting alone. As thousands of seeeecooonds go by."

(The joke is all of these lyrics are just Gengar going "Gen-gar gengar gengaaar" without a translator.)

After Dragonite, anything is possible for Ash. Especially since as of this episode, Ash has officially owned all 18 Types of Pokémon. Ironic that Ghost was the very last type that Ash needed and it's the evolution of the very Pokémon that he nearly caught.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't have much to say about this episode. Gangar being caught by Satoshi was obvious for about a week prior to this episode airing, and the only surprise for me was that the stress lines on Gangar's face seemed to disappear when it was caught, which is great news.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
One thing I really found funny was how TR was like two dusclops and the rotom Pokedex was like got a problem with Giovanni? XD

It seems people were right, ash wasn't actually cursed, he just had a fever and Go overthinked

Also I find it funny how scorbunny silently judged Go when he had a pokeball on his hand

I do wonder tho about that ending. Idk but that ending implied gengar might not be very obedient to ash from the looks of it.

EDIT: Also love how sakuragi didn't give an F about a ghost, and how renji kept getting scared.