• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Has Been Cursed... (1105)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Also, isn't weird how Team Rocket's Rotom Phone arguably has more personality than Ash and Gou's (no, being loud does not count as having a personality) despite having so little screentime so far?

Well it ain't hard to beat something that hardly ever appears, it's almost as if Ash doesn't even have one. I'm glad they're avoiding the "Derp Magikarp *scans*" moments but it'd be nice if they showcased his Pokedex more, like a small fanservice moment of him just scrolling through it and briefly showing all the Pokemon he owns/caught including Raticate, Beedrill, Seaking, and the UBs. Or registering a Pokemon after he caught it

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Adrenaline can be quite the powerful force when it needs to be, even pain and sickness can't stop it.

It's casting from HP at best in a way. Stress lowers your immune response. Pain might be blunted, but illness tends to always catch up.

That is, of course, if you're not an anime character who has enough blood to fill a legion of vampires.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's casting from HP at best in a way. Stress lowers your immune response. Pain might be blunted, but illness tends to always catch up.

That is, of course, if you're not an anime character who has enough blood to fill a legion of vampires.

this episode actually made me wonder something, without pokemon being involved, how many times has Ash actually succumbed to natural human sicknesses like fever and such.

I know there was that one kalos episode where serena "cosplayed" as him, but other than that I can't think of any other time Ash was actually sick on a natural basis.

andrewscott48209

this episode actually made me wonder something, without pokemon being involved, how many times has Ash actually succumbed to natural human sicknesses like fever and such.

I know there was that one kalos episode where serena "cosplayed" as him, but other than that I can't think of any other time Ash was actually sick on a natural basis.
Just that once.

dman_dustin

I liked how Ash attacked trainers going after a wild pokemon.
Our hero, ladies and gents

I'll never understand why they just don't throw Poke balls at the Pokemon.

When they use a vacuum cleaner or a net or something, it's pretty clear they're illegally poaching.

I mean Jessie "stole" Tyler's Yanma (well the one he was going to catch) which became a Yanmega in 4th generation, you'd think there'd be more of that.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion

When they use a vacuum cleaner or a net or something, it's pretty clear they're illegally poaching.

I mean Jessie "stole" Tyler's Yanma (well the one he was going to catch) which became a Yanmega in 4th generation, you'd think there'd be more of that.
Pity they don't take a note from the Orre games and have Snag Balls or something in order to catch powerful pokémon for Team Rocket

I wonder what grunts landed the job of catching the pokémon for the Gacha Machine

Birch & Cassidy, perhaps?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Because if they did that then Ash would technically be the villain of the story. They'd have caught it and that'd be the end of it

04n70n10

Part of me hopes Ash gets a Larvitar, if not the very same one, but I'd also like him to have a Riolu. Though, I don't think the writers will bring him back. Just please, no more Kanto Pokemon. I'm sick of Kanto. I don't mind Dragonite too much because honestly I always considered it Gen 2 due to it being hard to come by in Kanto and also those two Generations just blend together for me so I don't know who came from where when it comes to those two.
Riolu? If this is the trend.... directly a Lucario lol

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
The episode was...fine. After the Dragonite capture that I thought was really good this episode was pretty mild in comparison. I liked Gengar’s backstory, you felt empathy for it and at the same time understanding for the trainer. It seems very strong; I’m glad Ash is getting a team of powerhouses and I’m looking forward to it battling in the future.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Niiiiice!! Ash caught Gengar!!!:D About time they resolved their issue. It also could’ve been a cool idea if Koharu caught it. Plus Go didn’t catch anything this episode. Seems about even, Go got the Golurk in one episode and then Ash got the mischievous Gengar this episode. I don’t blame it for distrusting humans. His trainer was trash for making it wait for him for 3 years (or however time goes in the Pokémon universe.) It’s in good hands now.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Considering that Chloe was the first one to come across it in the first place, I thought we'd see her reaction to Ash's catching of it. I guess that'll come in a later episode.

I like the narrator saying the title card and the alternate animation for it.

Meowth uses the expression "school of hard knocks" which is also the name of an OS episode. Was the reference intentional? What does he say in the original?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Considering that Chloe was the first one to come across it in the first place, I thought we'd see her reaction to Ash's catching of it. I guess that'll come in a later episode.

I like the narrator saying the title card and the alternate animation for it.

Meowth uses the expression "school of hard knocks" which is also the name of an OS episode. Was the reference intentional? What does he say in the original?

The reference was intentional

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan