• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Having All The Starters Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mockingjay

swift and lol
Remember the good times, when Ash caught all the Kanto and Johto starters? Well, now it ended. In Hoenn, Brock got Mudkip and May got Blaziken. In Sinnoh, Ash has Chimchar and Turtwig and Dawn has Piplup, leaving out Brock.

What I'm saying is, they should bring that tradition back. I don't care if one of the starters are too girly like Torchic/Piplup. Look at when they evolve.

HoennMaster

No way in hell. As much as I love the starters, Ash not having all three gives his team a little more variety. It gives us a chance to have them, as well as other Fire and Water Types on the team.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Or how about they don't do that, and have the majority of his captures not be super predictable.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I also wanted Ash to have all starters in Hoenn, but now I know that it would be better to have a variety again. The only thing I feel bad is that, they shouldn't have given Ash all the starters in Johto(Totodile would've been enough for Ash).

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
Ash won't get all the starters. One will go to the regional girl. It's debatable wether or not he'll get 2. In Hoenn Brock got Mudkip, and in Sinnoh Ash (eventually) got Chimchar. So we'll have to see. But he definately won't get all 3.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I would like for him not to get any starters for once. But that's wishful thinking.

But all 3 of the starters belonging to one of them is stupid. He should have more Pokemon scattered throughout the region

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Or how about they don't do that, and have the majority of his captures not be super predictable.

When in reality, his captures this generation have been pretty predictable, leaving aside Gligar. Pretty much everyone knew he'd get Starly, Buizel, Turtwig, and loads speculated he'd end up with Chimchar.

I would really like for them to give him odd Pokémon next generation. Perhaps a randomly typed Pokémon that uses Fire-type attacks, or Water-type attacks. Give us some shocks.

Iota

Yami Marius

Pokémon Wizard
I would like for him not to get any starters for once. But that's wishful thinking.

But all 3 of the starters belonging to one of them is stupid. He should have more Pokemon scattered throughout the region

It would nice for a change to see Ash without a starter, but remember that the anime is made to promote the games and the starters are always an important of promotion. So unless that changes, Ash will always have at least one starter on his team as he is the main character.

milenadrg

I tought Paul will release Chimchar before he did that and Chimchar is then going to Brock. I can't see Ash holding Piplup, but it would be better that Ash has a penguin and Dawn Chimchar, and then Turtwig will go to Brock...

Munchy_Lax

Don't mez wid da Ape
I tought Paul will release Chimchar before he did that and Chimchar is then going to Brock. I can't see Ash holding Piplup, but it would be better that Ash has a penguin and Dawn Chimchar, and then Turtwig will go to Brock...

I also thought that Chimchar would go to Brock, but it went to Ash. Besides, it's probably better, because if it was with Brock, we would never see it. I just can't see Ash with a Piplup. It's just like peanut butter and sour cream. They don't go together.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
No, but Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treeko and Turtwig are.

Munchy_Lax

Don't mez wid da Ape
When the heck he said that? And he wanted a Squirtle for a starter(before he get Pika). Is Squirtle a Grass type?

Last time I checked, Squirtle was a fire type. You must be talking about Charmander. (no i'm not mentally retarded.) Yeah, Ash never has liked grass types more. Just because he only got Treeko in Hoenn, doesn't mean he likes grass types more.

milenadrg

No, but Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treeko and Turtwig are.

I remember he went to Oak's lab in 1st episode and he decided he wants Squirtle firs...
He just beifriends with those Grass Starters, but NOT in the Oak's lab. Ash isn't Gardenia. Hope in next generation his catpured starter would be Water type, Brock's(or replacement's) Grass and 5th gen's Boy's(Girl's:() Fire...

Having a regional Grass type starters doesn't mean you're crazy for them...

Last edited:

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
He may have wanted to start with a water-type, but the starter he has consistently gotten in every region is the grass-type. That's the one I'm betting he gets.

randomspot555

How is this a spoiler? I thought this thread would be about Ash getting Piplup...but all it's discussing is stuff that has already happened a long time ago.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
Heh, it used to be about what starters Ash will have next time.

I still think he'll get the grass-type...

Waterpokes

Shouldn't this go to the Next Pokemon thread?

Anyway, Ash needs more pokemon that aren't a starter. I still think that Chimchar is going back to Paul and Ash will only have one Sinnoh Starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.