• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Heads Into Battle! VS Steven!! (1207)

IcySealeo

Wow, they brought back characters I didn't even remembered. Well played, writers. Wonder if they really remembered them or had to go back and watch some AG episodes for that.

AJ97

Metagross dominated Pikachu through the whole battle..... And then Pikachu finishes it in one Z-move? I loved the music they played and it was very emotional, but felt very cheap to me
1) Dracovish damaged Metagross in their first clash as Steven considered it reasonable enough to switch out.

2) The Z-Move didn't take it out completely. It hit Metagross and more importantly, slowed it down and allowed Pikachu to land another hit (Much better execution).

That said, I do agree that Metagross went down a little too easily. Should've had Pikachu land a couple more hits.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
This ep was so emotional...
Watching all Ash's Pokemon sitting infront of TV watching his battle, his mother..
TR cheering for him
Seeing past Hoenn rivals (dont care about these lab assistants and that Eevee girl)
Seeing Iris watching his match like good old BW days
Loved it

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Metagross dominated Pikachu through the whole battle..... And then Pikachu finishes it in one Z-move? I loved the music they played and it was very emotional, but felt very cheap to me

Dracovish must've done some serious damage at the start, otherwise Steven wouldn't have recalled Metagross (and you can tell it was in pain from being bitten), so it wasn't fresh when it came back out.

seeing Gengar take out Aggron was cool, but man Cradily is a beast, at least until Pikachu locked it down as usual with Ash's tactics, and I got a kick out of how while Cynthia and Diantha are shocked, Leon was smiling.

Of course Paul cracked a smile too...that is always creepy.

So can people stop calling it the "nuke" now cause it sure as heck didn't take Metagross out, and I like the fact that it can function in more ways than just straight forward attacking. I like how the separate streams were capable of blocking metagross attack and then slamming it from different angles.

I am abit bummed that it looks like Iris is leaving (steven and alain not so much), I was hoping she would stay but I guess not.

Also, @Dephender was there a special preview after this episode in addition to the normal one?

To be positive for a moment I did like how Iris watched this match from the stands. If she's really gone now though, they screwed up. Giving us that for one episode then taking it away is just gonna feel sad.

Yeah that kind of bites if she is indeed leaving here, I was hoping she'd stay until the end.

janejane6178

Yes it was sad seeing Iris leaving ://
But I am sure we will see her watching Ash's other battles, along all of his past companions ( and these random school children too I guess..)
At least Diantha is staying for now.. :)

PIKACHU IS A **********ING WARRIOR
METAGROSS SURVIVED THE NUKE (for a minute) congrats!
This battle sucked. Dracovish and Gengar where jobbers and Ash wins because of plot armor Nuke and two shots Metagross.
Nice to see Birch and Tyson!

AJ97

At the very least it should’ve been like Ash’s battles with Alain, Gladion, & Prof. Kukui (or even his Masters 8 battles with Visquez & Volkner)
While the Master Class tournament is a very big deal with much greater stakes; ultimately, you need to compare it to a traditional Regional League. The earlier rounds would be comparable to the early rounds of other regional leagues.

So it wouldn't necessarily be fair to compare the final league matches *The one's you listed), with Ash's first PWC Match.

That said, I agree that none of these matches have come close to Ash vs Volkner; which IMO is one of the best-choreographed battles across the series.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Also to the people mad about Iris and co leaving, I mean, isn’t everyone leaving? Did they mention a break before the next rounds start up?

I hope so because Alan was a total non-character and a waste of everyone’s time if so
Doubtful they'd come back except as one-second silent cameos in Ash vs. Leon

janejane6178

Also to the people mad about Iris and co leaving, I mean, isn’t everyone leaving? Did they mention a break before the next rounds start up?

I hope so because Alan was a total non-character and a waste of everyone’s time if so
It felt like a goodbye cuz Iris said : best wishes
They have no reason to return to the stadium as they don’t battle anymore
But we will see … Want to see beautiful Iris again

ASH VS CYNTHIA
MEGA GODCARIO VS MEGA GARCHOMP HYPE

AJ97

Yeah like Ash-Greninja……wait

*sulks in the corner
There was never any real reason to reveal AG. If anything, that would raise the question, why Ash wasn't using such a powerful pokemon in the Master Class tournament. I mean, you can definitely take a day off from cutting weed.

That said, we still see Ash meet Greninja which by Pokemon Standards, is a very big deal. And considering all the companions they were okay with showing, when they go through lengths to even show people like Tyson, Morrison and Kate; it's fairly obvious that the main companions have been left out for something better.