• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Heads Into Battle! VS Steven!! (1207)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
So Leon treat Alain like that. Wow.. so arrogant. This is the Master 8 tournament, not just sparring match with newbies.
That’s the main problem about have Leon taking part of the main tournament. We know he’ll win and, different than Ash, Leon will barely struggle with that, at least until the final match.

But, I suppose they have to reinforce his status as the top dog.

This thing would be at least interesting if they had kept Leon just as the monarch waiting to defend his title, instead a participant. Have Raihan or Bea (or even Kabu, because the excess of dragon users) at least would allow more endearing matches).

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
My bad, I meant Iron Tail was a move Pikachu learnt in Hoenn, but Will-O-Wisp was introduced in Gen 3
Yeah, I can see why Pikchu learning Iron Tail in Hoenn would lead one to believe it was a Gen 3 move, but it'd leave Steelix in a weird place, moves-wise.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
So Leon treat Alain like that. Wow.. so arrogant. This is the Master 8 tournament, not just sparring match with newbies.
Don’t remember the full battle but it at least seems he wasn’t just twiddling his thumbs and did command Charizard in a serious-ish tone. Still think being confident=|= arrogant but get your point

Off topic but it’s pretty jarring how Steven, Diantha and Alain Pokémon have gear but Cynthia, Misty and Brock don’t

Yeah. When I do battles, I always send out my ace first to try to do the bulk of the damage, then have the rest of the team mop up as best they can.
I just do it based on type advantages.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Yeah, I can see why Pikchu learning Iron Tail in Hoenn would lead one to believe it was a Gen 3 move, but it'd leave Steelix in a weird place, moves-wise.
Considering you fight Jasmine after at least 4 Gyms then yes because Brock's rock type Pokemon dont have STAB moves at all.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Leon is the only one who do not even bother to use 3rd pokemon. All others use their ace for the final fight after their other 2 pokemons lost. If Leon had used a third pokemon, Alain could lost with narrower margin (2-3) instead of 1-3.

Yeah, he consider Alain is not even a threat such that he throw his dynamax allocation away from his ace at the start of the battle. Showing the world that he is confident he can beat this rookie even with just base Charizard.

He was admiring Ash because Ash can maintain himself unlike Alain who crumble to the pressure.
What if Leon's Dragapult or another mon would still beat Malamar and MCX and Leon would still win 1-3?

Imagine the hummiliation if Leon wouldn't use his Charizard at all.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Mega Metagross' ability to just dodge everything is super broken and they couldn't think in a convincing way for Ash to surpass it. I mean, Metagross lost because, for some reason, he didn't dodge that light blue beam, like, really?
Its superbrain went "Ash needs to win this battle so he can face Leon. I have no character." and promptly RRoD'd

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Considering you fight Jasmine after at least 4 Gyms then yes because Brock's rock type Pokemon don't have STAB moves at all.
I was more-or-less referring to the fact that Jasmine also gives out the Iron Tail TM for defeating her.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
He actually reveal that he gigantamax Rillabom early just to entertain the crowds.
Eh, still don’t using or not using a gimmick on your ace is disrespectful. Was Cynthia disrespecting every other PWC competitor where she didn’t use Mega Garchomp? Also he was commanding Rillaboom to attack

As another person mentioned him even throwing out Charizard means he wasn’t being a complete show off

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
All of it are just hypothetical.
Yet probable.

Unless you believe any single Ace of M8 only can be beaten by Leon's Charizard, either in base or G-max.

I actually made a thread where one can rank all the Pokemon from the Quaterfinals:

As long as any of Leon's Pokemon know Dragon Pulse it can beat MCX as it's its kryptonite.

Dragon Pulse it can beat MCX as it's its kryptonite.
So think Ash’s Goodra could beat MCX then. And going by that logic all Metagross’s should avoid Pokemon with Iron Tail. And Greninja with Blast Burn.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang