1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Aug 30, 2012.

1. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

Aren't you being a hypocrite considering you were mad Iris won two battles without Dragonite listening to her and listed scenarios of what you felt should've happened? I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum wants different scenarios to happen, so no I wasn't asking for krokorok to beat Karrablast in 5 seconds and then evolve, I was listing a different way it could've happened, without the 5 second match or battling karrablast.

2. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Axew's power level varies much like piplup did in DP, one ep it can be super strong and smazing, another ep it becomes the weakest link of the entire team.

3. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Flashback or not. It still happened.
    So I guess every evolution that has happened vs team rocket is irrelevant? Or ii just irrelevant now due to your vendetta against Cilan?

You've watched it for 14 years and you're complaining about mid-battle evolutions?

If Axew evolved and won, it would be basically praised by most as it has been established it dreams to evolve all the way to Haxorus. Stop trying to make Iris a victim.

Like I stated before since Team Rocket gets minimal screentime now, mid-battle evolutions have taken their place. Also since Ash is the one who battles the most ad has more pokemon capable of evolving, its obvious he's going to evolve more pokemon than Iris and Cilan.

Would you have complained if Iris caught Dragonair and it evolved vs Georgia's Beartic and won?

4. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Just no.

What I said was there would have to be different scenarios to allow Krokorok to evolve, but like I said with the way it happened, it just wasn't possible.

Look at what they had to do:

1. Have Iris catch Dragonite
    2. Have Dragonite get a lot of focus in the 16 competitor tournament
    3. Evolve Krokorok into Krookodile
    4. Have Ash beat Iris to make it to the finals or have Ash defeat Iris's Dragonite.
    5. Get Ash and Trip to the finals, and have Ash lose
    6. Alder vs Trip
    7. Dawn leaves, goodbye battle as well.
    8. Introduce Kotetsu.

Now I suppose arguably, they could've added another episode. But what if they were forced to do all this all within 5 episodes, from Dragonite's capture to the final Junior Cup related episode.

The way it happened was the only way it could've happened, without something being dropped or an additional episode.

5. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

... I'm speechless, we're really arguing about Krookodile's evolution? No matter what happened, Dragonite was destined to lose to either Ash or Trip... no and's, if's, or but's. Am I tried of mid-battle evolution's... sure, but I have no control over them and there's just no point in complaining about them.

6. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

Ironic indeed, because perhaps that since TR and the regional rival have stopped "inadvertainly" helping with most of the evolutions is why were getting them mid battle now instead.

Not to mention I recall that with two exceptions everytime a pokemon evolved in the sinnoh region they lost thier first non TR battle pretty dang badly, it's nice to see that reversed this time.

Seriously though can we stop this before the mods intervene.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  7. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I usually respect your point of view, but how do you expect any of us to take you seriously when you're obviously an Ash/Krookodile stan? I mean your signature practically blew your cover. If you're going to defend Ash's convenient victories, then at least do so in an unbiased way. I'm not here for Ash stans who try to preach to us when it's obvious that they're celebrating Iris's Dragonite's defeat.

8. why is everyone so happy that pignite lost? it was done in such a ******** way that i've never seen before ever in this show...that serperior moved liked people running in dragon ball z just zipping everywhere it was very stupid

sure if he got some hits in on the serperior and still lost i would've been fine...but nooo it got a flawless victory which was stupid in my opinion....actually if pignite got a hit or two in on serperior im sure he would've defeated it because it seems fragile...just very speedy and thats it...stupid stupid writting

9. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that we're happy outside of the criticism that Pignite should've dealt some damage, but I think it's because we're more fine with it than not.

Whoever Ash was going to use against Trip's Serperior was going to lose period.

Pikachu- Can afford losses, but was used in a tournament, and at least they didn't go with "OMG Ash must rely on his Pikachu"

Unfezant- Would've been a good choice, and I can't see how Serperior would've been able to properly "kill" it without looking cheap. I mean an aerial Pokemon with ranged attacks, should be invincible to a Pokemon like Serperior. But regardless it would've lost in some way, and Unfezant can't afford the loss.

Oshawott- Bad choice, not worth it.

Pignite- This is what happened and was probably the best choice out of Unfezant. Plus I think the writers wanted to use a starter in the tournament, and if not Snivy or Oshawott, that only leaves Pignite.

Snivy- Snivy probably would've had no defense for Serperior and just wouldn't make the very much sense.

Scraggy- I still say Scraggy is the weakest, although possibly it is closing gaps with whoever people would consider the 2nd weakest.

Leavanny- Leavanny if it had an attacking bug type move, might have been able to do something. String Shot lowers speed, so that would've helped. But in the end it would've lost.

Palpitoad- Bwuahahahaha. Next.

Boldore- Weak and I can't see it being able to do much.

Krookodile- Strength-wise, Krookodile probably would be tied with Unfezant in Pokemon likely to beat Serperior through strength alone (Unfezant has it's aerial skills), but Krookodile is weak against grass types so not the best choice.

The best two choices would be Unfezant and Pignite. Pignite having a lot of battles since it evolved, and winning them, it would make sense why Pignite would fall and no one would have much of a problem. Unfezant would just look a lot weaker had it lost to Serperior, while Pignite can afford a loss. I mean sure there was "no damage" done to Serperior, and it's speed was cheap, but I guess this is there way saying, had Pignite been able to do deal damage to Serperior, it would've lost.

10. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

I already said that I didn't like how it lost :S I'm just happy that of all the Pokemon it was Pignite who took the loss, instead of something who can't afford to lose. Pignite has a clean record and appears quite a bit now, I'm just happy that they picked him to lose instead of say, Unfezant or Palpitoad (as if that'd ever happen anyway, but).

This post cannot be serious. I really, really hope that you're joking here and realise that HatersGonnaHate doesn't account for the entire Iris fanbase, and also realise that everything Iris does is complained about. Like, come on bro.

The problem with these evolutions is that they're so prevalent, and they make it look like Ash can't win a battle without something evolving, which also makes his Unova team look weak. Three Gyms were won by bs evolutions, and another three by Pikachu. Now, again, Ash is relying on his Pokemon to evolve to win a battle. Sure, it makes sense, but it just gets really tiresome after a while to constantly see him winning battles just because of evolutions. Like I said, it only happend once in Sinnoh and it made it more interesting (even if there were too many TR evolutions).

11. well okay when you put it that way....still would've liked to see ash beat trip..with unfezant that thing needs some wins and to do something instead of rotting

12. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

Plot armor, my friend. Whoever would have fought Trip would have resulted as the loser. That's how things work.

13. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Snivy could have used attract and while serperior was down hit it with attacks.

14. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

It's ok, because the Dento fans "hate" on Iris. See how balanced this fandom is? :p

15. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Who said ever anything about Dento fans hating Iris? <.<

16. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

I was joking and being sarcastic, but that was going around for a long time. XDDD

17. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

Frillish showed that if you're fast enough you can dodge Attract, and Snivy lost to Servine because Attract couldn't connect and her moves weren't strong enough to damage Servine. Now combine Serperior's speed with his increased power. Snivy's chances of victory? Virtually null.

18. Groundedshock

Groundedshock Effective on ground

In this series, ANYTHING is Possible. I can see any Pokemon on Ash's team defeating any fragment of Trip's team. Hell, they did it the past. What's stopping them now? Serperior will reign superior until Ash faces him the league.....and knowing the writers, it WILL be a type disadvantage.

Whose voting for Krookodile/Boldore/Paplitoad/Oshawott vs Serperior in the league as a win just to freaking mess with our heads?

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I don't think anyone is happy per se. It's more like they've learned to deal with these situations. Still, I wish people would scorn deus ex machina when they see it, but everyone is blissfully unaware of it when it concerns one of Ash's Pokemon. It's really frustrating that Ash gets so much leniency, but that's the way the coral crumbles around these parts.

The first step towards recovery is admitting that Cilan's stans have a problem with Iris. You're on the right track now.

20. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Except that isn't true since I know Cilan fans who find Iris perfectly okay.

One of them being the person you just quoted.