1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Raptor_Crow

Raptor_Crow I lied to you all

Man, just how fast is Shooty's Jalorda? Did you see how it dodged that Fire Oath? It's like Shooty's been feeding it many speed boosting vitamins.

Nobody has yet to even get a hit on that grass snake because it's just way too fast. Even Charbu's speeed boost from Nitro Charge wasn't enough.

And another one being me. Cilan fan. I do not know what or who this stan is supposed to be. Why yes I did ask before, but I forgot what it meant.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  2. And me too, both a Ash and Cilan fan. I only been here since June, but I think it's a insult thinking all fans treat a character like a god.

3. Groundedshock

Groundedshock Effective on ground

4. Raptor_Crow

Raptor_Crow I lied to you all

When Trip and Ash battle each other in the Unova League Serperior will most likely be the final Pokémon Trip uses from how much it's being hyped.

Yes, many people who are fans of one character do have respect for other ones. They aren't treating the character highly, they just really like them.

5. Col-Erase

Col-Erase Well-Known Member

No ... Drillbur evolved right AFTER dodging a focus blast at end of the tourney, not in a fight with the Hax.

6. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

Fact stands, it evolved mid-battle against a Druddigon, before facing Drayden.

7. Graham Aker

Graham Aker Well-Known Member

It was probably better that it evolved mid-battle in a flashback against nameless fodder anyway. The writers don't want to seem to want to give Iris, and Cilan alot of Pokemon that can evolve due to their limited screen-time. I guess in their logic, having them have fully evolved ones (or ones that can't evolve) saves the them(the writers) effort.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

You know it's true, though. They loathe Iris for no apparent reason. And no, I refuse to believe that Dragonite is the source of all the hate. People have hated Iris since she first appeared because she wasn't Hilda. Dragonite's capture just made things easier for the haters. Anyway, I would be against Iris if most of her Pokemon received convenient evolutions that led to victories, but none of them have. Only Ash can get away with deus ex machina anyway.

I wouldn't call it a fact; it's more like a stan interpretation. It's all subjective.

9. Graham Aker

Graham Aker Well-Known Member

Yes, because Iris current Pokemon can evolve right? Excadrill can evolve? No, it's fully evolved. Emonga can evolve? No. Dragonite can evolve? No, it's fully evolved. You're tyring so hard to defend Iris, that you completely ignore Axew learning new moves out of it's rear. Oh and that's one of her Pokemon that can evolve? Yes.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  10. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

I really take no offense in you calling me an Ash fan, because I actually like all three main cast members, but my signature is just to prove Dragonite is not as powerful as the earlier whiner's (I'll admit I was one of them) were saying. Okay, so it took an unexpected evolution (in the characters eyes) and maybe that did play a miner role... but did anyone really think Iris was gonna win this tournament? It was set up for either Ash or Trip to win (clearly Trip, but Ash had just as big of chance) so regardless of what went down... Dragonite was destined to lose. And no, I'm just as tired of these mid-battle evolution's as the complaining bunch, but as dman has stated in the past, this is more realistic then having the Pokemon wait till after the match.

11. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Ash never had a chance from the moment it was revealed the winner got to face alder.

12. Joltik-Kid

I don't know what you mean by that... sure Trip wanted to fight Alder, but Ash never really got to have a proper battle with the guy. I had it as a toss up given that Ash isn't gonna win the league and that Trip was acting way to smug for his own good. At least Alder is gonna put him in his place it seems

13. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

When it was revealed that the winner of the cup gets to fight Alder we all knew Trip would win since his story revolves around fighting the champion.

14. Joltik-Kid

Don't care... Ash had just as much chance as Trip...

15. Col-Erase

Col-Erase Well-Known Member

Actually, we don't know WHEN in the battle it happened. Could have been the beginning.

But we do know that it wasn't in a "jam" or tired or hurt or beaten up ... it looked perfectly happy right before evolving.

16. kod3

kod3 Active Member

Shooti is using gameshark code to speed up his Serperior to 999. No wonder he is so confident to beat anyone. He is a fluke. So many nitro charge can't hit him once. The only way I can think is, Shooti is using Gameshark or Action Replay Code.

17. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

But Ash atleast made it to the finals again like he did with Iris beofre, so let's not say that he didn't get anything done. He did very well. and using Pignite against Serperior was smart even though most people don't get the concept behind it.:/ But I was rooting for Trip since he had no development in a long time.

18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

If by "did very well" you mean he used more deus ex machina than ever before, then you're right. And maybe I'm too slow since I haven't had my coffee yet, but what was the concept behind Ash's decision to use Pignite?

19. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Type advantage and nitro charge.

20. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

Hold on… Iris's Dragonite winning the previous two matches with a single move without previous on-screen training isn't DEM while Krokorok evolving and requiring to use Dragon Claw plus Crunch plus Stone Edge to defeat Dragonite is DEM?

Sounds fair.