• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ash had a great line of stupidity in this episode - telling Pignite that it had the type advantage over Serperior and then immediately using Tackle, the only move Pignite has that isn't super-effective. Of course considering Serperior was somehow fast enough to almost teleport out of the way, it doesn't really matter.

Lol, Ash's comment was actually just clueless of him since he should've known by now that type advantages mean nothing.

Janovy

Banned
Ash had a great line of stupidity in this episode - telling Pignite that it had the type advantage over Serperior and then immediately using Tackle, the only move Pignite has that isn't super-effective. Of course considering Serperior was somehow fast enough to almost teleport out of the way, it doesn't really matter.
How is it stupidity lmao?

Pignite using Tackle doesn't negate the fact that Pignite in itself has an advantage over Serperior due to its typing, making Serperior's Grass type moves ineffective. What Ash said was completely correct. Furthermore, Ash kept using Flame Charge (in addition to other Fire type moves but you seem to ignore that part lol) in that battle trying to enhance Pignite's speed and it's complete BS that Serperior was so fast it practically teleported from place to place.

Ash was smart in this battle. The writers failed by making Trip's victory completely forced. IMO, it would have made more impact if Trip lost therefore losing the chance to face Alder.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Krokorok taking a large number of attacks from Dragonite was a bit confusing. I disliked it when Dragonite started rampaging after getting hit by Krookodile's Dragon Claw. At least he finally lost. Pignite vs Serperior could have been better, since the latter looked overpowered. I didn't mind Trip getting to battle Alder, since he ended up getting eliminated from most other tournaments.
7/10

Krokorok evolving and learning Dragon Claw was pretty cool, but Trip's Serperior being fast enough to dodge each one of Pignite's attacks was just stupid. Dragonite losing control after being hit by Dragon Claw really didn't make any sense. Either way, that was an awesome Dragonite vs. Krookodile battle, assuming we ignore the fact that Dragonite suddenly turning over a new leaf.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
Dragonite losing control after being hit by Dragon Claw really didn't make any sense.

It seemed as if Kairyu feeling the pressure of a tough opponent for once enraged him, and he simply lost his cool.

Krookodile is awesome! That battle vs Dragonite was amazing and the best battle of BW, I just don't like how Dragonite went crazy.
Other than that the Junior Cup sucked. Ash doesn't get one hit on Serperior wtf. Garbage.

RafaSceptile

Actuallt those tournaments arcs are why BW and BW2 have a very solid job in the pacing department (Sadly it wasn't the case with BW2!DA)

Sham

The Guardian of War
This episode raised so many questions.

• If Dragonite was rampaging why was Alder just sitting there comfortably like a crowd of people couldn't have been harmed and likewise Cynthia is just chilling?
  • Why did Ash command Dig on a Dragonite?
  • Why was this to date Dragonite's longest battle before he became a jobber?
  • How did Krokorok tank all of those Ice Beams?
  • If Leer lowers your defenses then why does Trip straight up command Solar Beam right after?

Anyways I have a bunch more but overall I enjoyed the episode. It's funny to think that they didn't start getting protective barriers for the crowd until all the way during Journey's Masters Eight Tournament which while very late was a nice touch. I also enjoyed Cynthia seeing through Dragonite not really listening from the spot and Georgia's worry about her rival getting stronger only to realize it was for no reason.

Trip was very cocky this entire tournament and he really shouldn't have defeated Ash here. They made him OP here just to get on shotted by Alder.