• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
If Dragonite doesn't trust humans, then he wouldn't have chosen Iris as his trainer. I think he just doesn't trust her battling skills against strong opponents.

Remember that iris protected it from being blamed and defended it. Dragonite felt like he could trust her. So he could very well still distrust most humans. But I agree with you upon why he isn't listening to iris. :/

Its not like he hates her I'd say, she saved him after all. He's willing to do things for her. He just wants to do it his way, because he's used to it. He even went so far as to "try" and listen to her during this match...It was working until krokodile came alive. xD
I mean hell, I'm surprised MORE pokemon don't disobey humans purely because of the same reasons he does it. I mean, its THEIR body after all, its like handing someone a remote control. *cough*games *cough*

That may have been said already, but I don't feel like checking. lol

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
If Dragonite doesn't trust humans, then he wouldn't have chosen Iris as his trainer. I think he just doesn't trust her battling skills against strong opponents.

But if Dragonite doesn't trust humans AND Iris (which is the case) as Adam Ant said then it would be the same. EDIT: Oh I see what you mean. Yeah I think I agree with you. Anyway that's what Cynthia said not me. xD

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I think more that Dragonite gave to Iris a chance to gain its trust and I have the feeling that if she messes up it can easily leave her behind, like Snivy did with her former Trainer (if she has one).

My opinion about the episode? Well, I can't give a true judgement yet because I only saw the pictures, but from what I've seen this seems a good episode.

I re-watched several times the snapshots of Iris vs Ash match. It seemed really good. Funny that Dragonite went into a rampage... I clearly remember that when we were discussing about the Iris vs Dawn match I theorized a scenario when Dragonite was constantly hit by Mamoswine and after a while it would rampage and attack everything. She didn't forfeit and it didn't happen against Mamoswine, but is interesting how I was almost right.

Ash vs Trip however was too one-sided. Seriously, not even a scratch? Nor even a little flame barely hitting the snake's skin? That gives me bad vibes about the League...

I'll give a more reasoned judgement when I'll watch the (subbed) episode. For now, that is for me one of the best episodes of BW2.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Pignite losing horribly to Serperior only showed that Ash is unable to win unless his evolutions save him.

I know right? It's like I said before: evolutions are Ash's best friend. He wouldn't be where he is today if his Pokemon didn't evolve at the right time. I hate how convenient everything is for him, but it's not like I expect things to change. I'm just glad that Iris tried her hardest to win, even if she lost against Ash's DEM-powered Krookodile.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I know right? It's like I said before: evolutions are Ash's best friend. He wouldn't be where he is today if his Pokemon didn't evolve at the right time. I hate how convenient everything is for him, but it's not like I expect things to change. I'm just glad that Iris tried her hardest to win, even if she lost against Ash's DEM-powered Krookodile.

At least Krokorok gave a good fight until it evolved. A couple of Crunches managed to hurt Dragonite a bit, unlike Beartic's attacks, who is supposed to be trained to beat Dragons. The evolution was a simple power boost and is not that he beat Dragonite with one move (unlike Dragonite, who beat Beartic with a ThunderPunch and Mamoswine with a Dragon Rush). He had to use Dragon Claw > Crunch > Stone Edge. Three freaking moves! If he was really that DEM he would have used only a Dragon Claw to destroy Dragonite. But... that didn't happen. And I'm really glad that it wasn't a simple One-Hit-KO.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The reason why Dragonite listened to Iris at first is because he didn't deem Krokorok as a worthy opponent as he had in the past (Mamoswine, Hydreigon, Beartic). But once Krokorok evolved and struck him with Dragon Claw, he realized that his opponent is actually much stronger so he succumbed to his battle instincts, rather than listening to Iris.

Basically, he listens to Iris when he's sure he can win under her command. But he doesn't trust her when it comes to strong opponents.

This makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

LizardonX

Banned
I loved the dragonite vs Krookodile battle although it learning dragon claw automatically on evolution seemed a little contrived especially since that alone seems to have done more damage than all the ice attacks aimed at it combined. The Ash vs Trip was every bit as contrived as i thought it would be and I totally called the ending where a solarbeam was shot at bouffalant as the ep ends to leave us hanging on its ability. Also pignite should totally have blazed after being hit by solarbeam or at the very least evolved.

8/10

PokeMaster366

The core issue, as observed by Shirona-san/cyntia, is that Dragonite does not TRUST Iris.

Shirona advised her to seek to further deepen her bonds with Drag. so expect a possibly cheese ep in the next 10-15 weeks, where Iris/or Drag. is in danger, and Drag./or Iris must save it thus 'deepening their bonds'

Personally, I'm hoping for a 3-4 episode mini arc that takes place in the Dragon Village. It would be nice to see Hydreigon show up there for the grudge match against Dragonite.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I loved the dragonite vs Krookodile battle although it learning dragon claw automatically on evolution seemed a little contrived especially since that alone seems to have done more damage than all the ice attacks aimed at it combined. The Ash vs Trip was every bit as contrived as i thought it would be and I totally called the ending where a solarbeam was shot at bouffalant as the ep ends to leave us hanging on its ability. Also pignite should totally have blazed after being hit by solarbeam or at the very least evolved.

8/10

Two evolutions during this episode? Isn't that too much for Ash? xD But yeah I would like to see it evolve during that battle even though he seems to only win when stuff like that happen.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I don't know if I like the battle between Ash and Iris right now. I didn't get to the dramatic parts, but why does Iris keep firing Flame Thrower? I'd just keep using Ice Beam. ._.; fdhghreahgef g Anime writers where are you logic?

Ash, saved by the Evolution. ~.~ Though I love Krokorok and Krookodile so I'm happy for him. xD

Ugh what a Mary Sue. Get off the tv. Don't look so dreamy all the time.

Ooh the Evolution looks epic! =D

Aw poor Iris. She looks mortified. D=

PFFFT JARLORDA's VOICE. Nuu~ XDDDDDDDDDDDD I love SERPERIOR. fhdohgdhguagafg I want one.

AAAAAAH it's MOMMY. D=

Dude, Kairyu's just taking it out on the audience. XD

I LOVE how the people are just standing htere. This is almost Jurassic Park and no one gives a care. Sirens should be going off or something.

What's wrong with Georgia's voice? It sounds a bit deeper? :/ If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was a guy. XD

Aww poor Iris again. Did Georgia and Burgundy really have to push it in her face? :c

What is this music? I lurv it...but...ARCEUS AND THE JEWEL OF LIFE. <33 Mmm I think it's rebirth. X3

OMG JARLORDA'S VOICE. XDDDDD It sounds so ridiculous.

Screw Trip. I'm stealing that Jarlorda.

Ugh Mary Sue, stop looking dreamy. ~.~

I love that Jarlorda. It just moves behind him. xD

Though there's too much dodging for this battle. ~.~

LOL. Serperior is a ninja snakey. XDDD

I'm totally getting a Seperior, and naming her Sunshine. <3

I like that person's hat in the audience.

WHAT? He gets a cool trophy? Jelly. :/ All Iris got were feathers, Stephan got a sign...man what is this? I hope when Dento wins one he gets a spatula. Or a popcorn popper.

I don't like that guy with the tie. He's so annoying. D=

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
WTF!!!!! DIVOSDOFHOAHFOHJFOIAHFOIJFULAHFOIQJFOIAJFOI!!!!!! That damn snake is so HAXED it's not even funny -_-. I officially hate him and hope Alder demolishes him. Trip is officially the worst rival ever in my eyes.

On the other hand WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Krookodile!!!!! He is such a beast it's not even funny :) :) :)!!

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
That damn snake is so HAXED it's not even funny -_-. I officially hate him and hope Alder demolishes him.

BUT SERPY-DERPY IS SO CUTE!! D= I honestly don't give a care about Trip, but I like his Serperior. XD I wouldn't even say he's overpowered, he just is at the right place at the right time, he just makes it look like he's perfection.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
BUT SERPY-DERPY IS SO CUTE!! D= I honestly don't give a care about Trip, but I like his Serperior. XD I wouldn't even say he's overpowered, he just is at the right place at the right time, he just makes it look like he's perfection.

A whole tournament without being hit once?? That is some DEM HAX ********!!!!!!!! Alder you better cream that snake!!!!!!!! ):<

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
WTF!!!!! DIVOSDOFHOAHFOHJFOIAHFOIJFULAHFOIQJFOIAJFOI!!!!!! That damn snake is so HAXED it's not even funny -_-. I officially hate him and hope Alder demolishes him. Trip is officially the worst rival ever in my eyes.
Your just butthurt your favorite mon couldn't land a single blow on Serperior. Guess what... HARHAR :D

I did think Pignite would land a blow though :|

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Your just butthurt your favorite mon couldn't land a single blow on Serperior. Guess what... HARHAR :D

I did think Pignite would land a blow though :|

Ya right, that is not the reason and my favorite pokemon of Ash's is Krookodile so HAH!!

That Snake is ****ing HAXED as **** I tell you!!!

LizardonX

Banned
Please normally I would feel like Trip haxxed his way through the tournament, but I just can't stand how the fanbase says its because he doesn't deserve to be able to do that rather than the feat shouldn't be possible.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Please normally I would feel like Trip haxxed his way through the tournament, but I just can't stand how the fanbase says its because he doesn't deserve to be able to do that rather than the feat shouldn't be possible.

I could care less that he won the tournament but it wouldn't have killed him to put some effort into it -_-.