• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Since its evolution from Sandile, Krokorok haven't used Bite a single time. That's also the same case for today's episode as Krokorok/Krookodile only used Crunch.

thankyou. people were posting it had used bite and I was worried the writers decided to bring it back over crunch

gamer_legend

See this is what I don't like about the whole thing it's the WORLD tournament being held just before the Unova League. It really is a step down in terms reward. That said Krookadile was awesome and so was the battle between Ash and Iris.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
At least the Ash vs Iris battle was well done.

And Yay for Krookodile. But shame Dragonite had to go "raging" all over the place, but hey it's not like Dragonite can blame Iris for the loss, so that's positive.

But other than that. Fail, absolute fail. Writer of this episode, Pignite should've hit Serperior once. This is what pisses me off. Should Ash ever get a Serperior, it won't ever be treated like this.

Well the summary for the next episode did say Serperior was "flawless" in the finals, aka none touched him, I was expecting this when I saw the summary.

Its still annoying because like I also said, in a few months, Serperior will have to be beaten by someone in Satoshi team.

------------

From the comments seems like it was an enjoyable episode and Krok vs Dragonite was cool, I like that Dragonite raged.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well the only way Ash can now defeat Trip's Serperior is to either make his pokemon faster than it or else make it lose its speed (with moves like Trick Room). From what i understand Ash's pokemons have enough power to defeat it, but the problem is that all that power is useless if it doesn't connect to it.

Well the only way Ash can now defeat Trip's Serperior is to either make his pokemon faster than it or else make it lose its speed (with moves like Trick Room). From what i understand Ash's pokemons have enough power to defeat it, but the problem is that all that power is useless if it doesn't connect to it.

Speed should be the key and make it lose it's speed.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Speed should be the key and make it lose it's speed.

that or use a spread shot move that can hit large areas, or good old Pikachu's static.

I'm suprised the fight between Iris and Ash got that far, once Dragonite started rampaging I was sure she was gonna be disqualified since Dragonite was attacking everything in sight, and why did she start freaking out the moment Krok learned Dragon Claw? It's like that was the moment everything went to heck for her.

Also intresting how Dragonite's special moves are weaker than it's physical power moves, since all it seemed to hit Krok with was Flamethrower and Ice Beam and it managed to take them well enough, yet when Dragonite knocked out Mamoswine and Beartic it used it's physical moves to do the job, nice job Krok, and I guess I can let the writers slide there, they actually didn't make the win look dues ex at all.

Now as for the Trip fight, I agree Pignite should've hit Serperior at least once, I know that Serperior is fast and I like that they showed that aspect of it, but they took it too far, oh well here's hoping trip gets his next week.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm so sorry. I'm glad that Ash's Krok stop Iris' Dragonite rampage. But I'm not happy the result of the final round. This has better be the last and final time that Ash lose to that guy Trip. The Unova League is only few months away.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Wow even the final match was one sided. At least Pikachu did some damage to Excadrill and Throh vs Sawk was a tug-of-war.

Ash vs Iris was really well done.

I do think it has sap Sipper just based on how Alder is just going to take that solarbeam.

Wow even the final match was one sided. At least Pikachu did some damage to Excadrill and Throh vs Sawk was a tug-of-war.

Ash vs Iris was really well done.

I do think it has sap Sipper just based on how Alder is just going to take that solarbeam.

Let's hope so if not and Trip beats Alder, not even his fans will save him from the onslot of haters.

They burn like Blaze.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
that or use a spread shot move that can hit large areas, or good old Pikachu's static.

Well that would only work if Serperior makes a direct contact with it. But seeing that Serperior only has one move which makes physical contact (Dragon Tail) and taking note that the writers always like to give the best moves to the rivals pokemon (and give Ash's pokemon worthless moves like Tackle), it is possible that the writers could change Serperior moveset so that it doesn't any close range physical move at all.

uber gon

Accept Change
So I guess Dragon Tail doesn't function like Roar this time. Huh.

WaterShuriken

So I guess Dragon Tail doesn't function like Roar this time. Huh.

As seen with Iris' Emolga and her Volt Switch, those types of moves may have an "off/on switch" in which pokemon decide if the effect will take place. Makes sense since these were 1 vs 1 matches.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Hmmm.. I feel as if Unfezant is faster than Pignite, but I wouldn't want the bird to be used just to lose.

I think they really need to give Snivy Contrary, so that she can use Leaf storm to gain more and more strength, causing Trip to freak out when he realizes that speed will make it impossible to dodge the attack, causing Snivy to win lol.

For Pikachu, I think static would help it win.

Pignite needs to learn a fighting move to replace tackle.

I can sort of see Leavanny being the one to help really make Ash win. He can use String Shot to slow down Serperior's speed, making it easy for Pikachu to come in a sweep it. I feel as though Snivy and Pignites attacks would un do it, unless he has them grap Serperior by its tail or arm is leaves to land a direct leaf storm or flamethrower.

WaterShuriken

I think they really need to give Snivy Contrary, so that she can use Leaf storm to gain more and more strength, causing Trip to freak out when he realizes that speed will make it impossible to dodge the attack, causing Snivy to win lol.

I doubt they'll give Snivy Contrary out of nowhere after all these times she's used Leaf Storm in 80+ episodes.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Ash vs Iris was absolutely incredible! Such a climatic battle!

I agree. Ash got his revenge from being beaten before. I hope that never happens again. And I must say that I'm really falling in love with Trip's Serperior! I didn't even know it can learn Dragon Tail. I guess I can use that knowledge for me in the future.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures, I enjoyed the episode, mainly for Krokorok and Krookodile. So glad it finally has a full moveset it'll actually use(Bite never got used after it got Crunch), there's still a few more of Ash's Pokemon to get their complete movesets though, but I'm glad Krookodile has gotten it's.

I was hoping the writers would have thrown in a sunglasses comedic moment after the battle when Ash went to give Krookodile a hug, have him bump into him, lose the sunglasses, start freaking out, Ash laughs, oh well, some other time.

Krokorok looked like it was doing alright after a while, once it evolved it really went into another league though, Dragonite wasn't really able to do anything to it at that point, albeit the thing was going crazy at that point. Can't wait to see what Krookodile will be like in future episodes.

The rest of the episode looked enjoyable to me as well, but Krokorok and Krookodile simply overshadowed it for me.