• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Lucario Fan

This episode would be a lot better if Serperior had received damage in its battle with Pignite. Dragonite going on a rampage was one of the best scenes I have seen in this series.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm really shocked how much I loved Ash V.s Iris battle ten times more than Ash V.S Trip, at least they put a lot more thought into it. I'm not that impressed with Trip honestly, was hopping it'd be a lot more than just speed winning, Ash will learn to do things better next time some how. I am glad Ash used his brain these two fights though, man Ash V.S Dawn to me looks better than Trip V.S Alder, thats going to be so one sided and Trip should loose, heck he should have lost against Ash but we all know the writers love having Ash get beaten by his rivals till the league, even if those wins make no sense. I'm really glad Dragonite didn't actually start listen to Iris like we all thought she would in one episode, at least make an arc out of it so we can maybe warm up to her some what. Over all good episode and I liked how Ash V.S Iris finished, good for you Ash good for you! LOL Rivals making fun of Iris for loosing, why? One of them lost to Iris first round so I wouldn't talk if I were them.

fubufubu

Trip winning.....no.....just no......yeah let's have the rival win instead of the MAIN CHARACTER we've known for the past 15 years! genius!.....NOT! at least iris was put in her place for once.....

BlueDragonfangirl

fabufubu, its been like that since the first series man! The only thing that bothers me about Trip's win is how it was done, do things where we should want to root for him and why he should have actually won. This felt cheap to me, all to have us wait till the league to geta win in, curse you writers!!! Oh well, at least Iris got what she deserved and Ash did it in a good way.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
and then ash loses to a (for lack of a better nicer term) racist
Okay, that wasn't really nessassary. And you know it.

Anyways pretty bad episode, Krokorok/Krookodile Vs Dragonite was handled good, Pignite vs Serperior, killed my respect for this anime. Yes, it was that bad.

fubufubu

Okay, that wasn't really nessassary. And you know it.

Anyways pretty bad episode, Krokorok/Krookodile Vs Dragonite was handled good, Pignite vs Serperior, killed my respect for this anime. Yes, it was that bad.
okay so racist was a bad choice of words.....but trip DOES use the derogatory term "hillbilly" in the japanese version am i wrong?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
okay so racist was a bad choice of words.....but trip DOES use the derogatory term "hillbilly" in the japanese version am i wrong?

I don't remember exactly, this may have have been in the very beginning of Best Wishes. Still Hillbilly really isn't too bad of a word.

RickHoenn

Banned
It was a great episode, both battles were awesome and Ash finally gets Krookodile! 9/10

Man, that Serperior is super strong, it will be a huge threat for Ash at the League. :eek: Trip really trained that thing..

RickHoenn

Banned
i hope alder CRUSHES trip

While I don't dislike Trip, Alder should give him a serious beating so that humbles him a bit altough there's no denying Trip is a skilled/talented trainer.. Ash should learn some things from him.

BlueDragonfangirl

Ash learning some moves from Alder just by watching the fight would be great ^

jrizza88

Meteorite
It seems as if this battle did nothing but have Trip beat Ash. I mean, honestly, I thought there would be more dialogue to build up the rivalry or something. It seemed as if they just battled and moved on. I mean, I think it is nice that Trip is a little more civil than Paul, in the sense of not saying Ash is "pathetic" or anything like that. I think he did take Ash seriously, since he watched on intently when it was Iris versus Ash. I sort of feel that Dragonite would have beat Serperior (if the writers decided to be fair, which of course wouldn't happen lol).

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Ash vs Trip... Trip should have just been awarded the victor since Pignite couldn't even land a single blow. Though it's defeat to Solarbeam and Frenzy Plant was exactly how I called it. Look at the bright side people, at least it lasted longer then Crustle and the other two Pokemon (though Burgundy is likely to forever be fodder in tournaments)

Honestly, even though Serperior is getting moves off on Bouffalant... it seems more like Alder is just letting his bull tank the hits as it comes out un-phased later in the preview.

Rohanator

Great episode, I'd say this really restored my faith in battle episodes that aren't animated by either Iwane or Tamagawa. Iris vs Ash was just that good. And the final battle was good too, it was really intense and you could feel Ash's pressure, he didn't really seem as confident as usual, I guess Serperior's just such a huge threat after seeing it destroy everything in the tourney so far. My boy Pignite tried his best, at least he can afford this beating more than some of Ash's other Pokes. And Serperior not getting hit isn't really a problem, I mean what's worse, it skillfully dodging everything with the speed it's known for or taking that huge Fire Pledge head on and still win? At least this makes it's future defeat more manageable since Ash just needs to find a way to get a hit in.

EDIT: Also lol at everyone who complained about "bad writing" because Dragonite's problems were gonna be "solved in two episodes". Just goes to show you that you should wait for the actual episode to air and actually watch it before letting some vague preview info ruin your life.
Personally I wouldn't mind for the problem to have been solved quicker, but this is still fine and at least made for a powerful scene in this episode. And Dragonite isn't completely unusable unlike Zard and Excadrill were so I'm ok with this.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Euphoria! A good Junior Cup episode. Two battles with depth, an evolution and another interesting twist.

The battle between Ash and Iris was pretty good. I thought it was kind of random that Dragonite began listening to Iris, but I'm actually glad to see it go berserk when it got owned by Krookodile's Dragon Claw. There's definitely more development here (I hope) and I want to see how the writers fix Dragonite's disobedience. As for Krookodile, I like the evolution, but I already think it's a bit overpowered.

Ash and Trip was good, and I don't even like Pignite. The battle had depth and speed, and it was also interesting that Pignite never touched Serperior. Trip was never cocky about the win either.

uber gon

Accept Change
Would be neat if Krookodile combining Stone Edge and Dragon Claw. Something like that could have made Dragonite losing even more awesome.

Janovy

Banned
The battle between Ash and Iris was pretty good. I thought it was kind of random that Dragonite began listening to Iris, but I'm actually glad to see it go berserk when it got owned by Krookodile's Dragon Claw.
The reason why Dragonite listened to Iris at first is because he didn't deem Krokorok as a worthy opponent as he had in the past (Mamoswine, Hydreigon, Beartic). But once Krokorok evolved and struck him with Dragon Claw, he realized that his opponent is actually much stronger so he succumbed to his battle instincts, rather than listening to Iris.

Basically, he listens to Iris when he's sure he can win under her command. But he doesn't trust her when it comes to strong opponents.

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
WOW, what an episode... The first battle was seriously awesome and Dragonite going rampage was was just... wow! Very intense! I actually love how Trip won the whole tournament without taking hits (or if his Pokemon did take hit, then it wasn't anything major), somebody's been training after getting his a** kicked in past Tournaments. :'D

Also, Ash seemed very serious in this ep! Dunno if it was just because he was shouting so many attack commands, or something else, but it felt good. Like when he was a little angry after Trip had beaten him. Idk, I loved it. And this episode.