• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
If by "did very well" you mean he used more deus ex machina than ever before, then you're right. And maybe I'm too slow since I haven't had my coffee yet, but what was the concept behind Ash's decision to use Pignite?

Because it was a type advantage. Using Oshawott or something and losing would have been worse in my eyes. But you can think whatever you want.

If by "did very well" you mean he used more deus ex machina than ever before, then you're right. And maybe I'm too slow since I haven't had my coffee yet, but what was the concept behind Ash's decision to use Pignite?

Pignite has an advantage.

Please explain why you seem to think Krokorok "used more deus ex machina than ever before" because I really don't think you're correct...

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
I was hoping Trip and Ash would face each other. I however was hoping for Dawn to be in the finals as well but nevermind. I'm glad that this is coming to and end. Alot of characters that I wanted to go futher didn't while some didn't need the extra screetime.

RVD_fan

After re-watching this episode with subs, I find I enjoyed it a lot better. I was intrigued when Georgia said something along the lines of Iris not being good enough for the power of dragons. It makes me wonder if Georgia actually really likes Dragon types but maybe doesn't think she's strong enough to use them yet.

I hope they follow up on it.

Blessed

A pretty good episode, Too bad Dawn didn't do anything but watch from the sidelines. Her interactions with Cilan were so Lukewarm *sigh*. I found it really weird how Dragonite obeys Iris in a battle but then in the next one not anymore. Then it goes all crazy she really needs to learn how to control it. And I really hated the whole Burgundy/Langley side comments, There's no need for that. Iris using Flamethrower for everything obviously wasn't going to work. Lastly, once I saw the Ash VS Trip I knew it was gonna be childs play for Trip at that point. Was impressed by how fast it finished.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Nice episode! The most loving scene when Alder giving trophy to Trip. That was best moment that I've watched Pokemon.

SmartD

Just when it looks likes Dragonite is finally obeying Iris, it gets out of control after being hit with Krookodile's Dragon Claw. And Serperior is really fast, dodging all of Pignite's attacks. I wonder how the battle between Trip and Alder will turn out.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It looked like Iris and Dragonite were working together, yet everything went downhill once Krokorok evolved. I guess it looked too convenient for Iris to have bonded with Dragonite around now, so the episode really had good realism with their chemistry.

Dear god, that Serperior is completely broken in power. Not getting hit once...

LizardonX

Banned
It looked like Iris and Dragonite were working together, yet everything went downhill once Krokorok evolved. I guess it looked too convenient for Iris to have bonded with Dragonite around now, so the episode really had good realism with their chemistry.

Dear god, that Serperior is completely broken in power. Not getting hit once...

[spoil]

Then it gets pwned by Pikachu WTF writers[/spoil]

Royal -585-

Dragonite RAWR!
Dragonite is OP! It should have won lol.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. The battle between Ash and Iris was great, even though Dragonite was on a rampage for the second half of the battle. The battle between Ash and Trip doesn't make sense at all. The writers clearly wanted Trip to battle Alder.

RVD_fan

I thought most of the dub actors were a bit off in this episode, although I did like Trip's voice acting a lot more. It's nice to see him a little more fired up than usual. I also thought the "Alder, sir" thing was a nice touch.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Didn't feel any sympathy for Iris really. She's always going around calling everyone else kids while she herself isn't even grown/mature enough to handle a Dragonite (who by the way was once known as gentle creatures). I wish the dub writers would let the characters call Iris on that.