• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle (753)

Janovy

Banned
I wish the dub writers would let the characters call Iris on that.
I'm pretty sure Georgia and Burgundy called her out on that, didn't they?

And yeah, that Iris is as childish as Ash and others is pretty obvious - that's one of Iris' flaws. Also, I don't think we were supposed to feel sympathy. For example, I felt excitement when I saw Dragonite disobeying Iris. Sure, it was bad for her, but she needed to go through it. That was supposed to happen. You can't just have a Pokémon who disobeyed you two episodes before go to suddenly obeying - that's impossible.

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Didn't feel any sympathy for Iris really. She's always going around calling everyone else kids while she herself isn't even grown/mature enough to handle a Dragonite (who by the way was once known as gentle creatures). I wish the dub writers would let the characters call Iris on that.

I'm sure you were so mature when you were 10.And able to handle a Dragonite.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
nice episode !! i enjoyed it, cant believe ash lost :( , CANT WAIT TO SEE THE BATTLE WITH ALDER , and s#!t! dawns leaving in the next episode i think :(

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Didn't feel any sympathy for Iris really. She's always going around calling everyone else kids while she herself isn't even grown/mature enough to handle a Dragonite (who by the way was once known as gentle creatures). I wish the dub writers would let the characters call Iris on that.[/B

That would require the RAW episode writers to include it first. The current dubbers are not 4kids, meaning they don't just make the script up as they go along. TPCi translate much closer to the original RAW episode, meaning we wouldn't see such drastic dialogue edits..

Battra

The battle between Iris & Ash & Iris getting frustrated with Dragonitie were the only exciting parts. Of course Trip won not like it was set up that way from the beginning, just so the writer's can have another battle between them come Unova league where Ash wins. I think this mini arc would been more exciting if they moved the Ash & Trip battle to the 1st round with Ash losing, have Dawn completely shut down Dragonite, & have her move to the final round against Trip. All in all this was a pretty boring episode, I look forward to watching Trip get his arrogance handed to him.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The battle between Iris & Ash & Iris getting frustrated with Dragonitie were the only exciting parts. Of course Trip won not like it was set up that way from the beginning, just so the writer's can have another battle between them come Unova league where Ash wins. I think this mini arc would been more exciting if they moved the Ash & Trip battle to the 1st round with Ash losing, have Dawn completely shut down Dragonite, & have her move to the final round against Trip. All in all this was a pretty boring episode, I look forward to watching Trip get his arrogance handed to him.

It would have been wierd seeing if Ash won the whole thing. A battle between him and Alder again would have been Ash using his stupid boring Pikachu again. And no, I didn't want Iris to try to beat Alder either so I rather Trip.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'm sure you were so mature when you were 10.And able to handle a Dragonite.

Nobody knows her age. Only Ash May and Dawn have confirmed ages. For all we know Iris could be 12 or 12 heck maybe older. Same with Cilan

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode. Krokorok evolving was a big plus and learning Dragon Claw was cool too. I look forward to the next episode.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
It was hard to keep up with the episode because so much went on but we will start with the star battle of the show which was Ash Vs Iris.

The beginning of Ash and Iris' battle was a sight to really enjoy. I found that both Dragonite and Krokorok barely gave an inch and it was so free flowing; Attack after attack, dodge after dodge. The turning point was when krokorok evolved into Krookodile (which I didn't expect) and when that dragon claw hit dragonite decided that Iris was inadequate and went about the battle in it's own way. Fortunately, Ash managed to finish Dragonite quickly after this as it was shrouded in anger and Ash moved onto the Final against Trip. I would also like to note that I enjoyed Burgandy's and Georgia's commentary during the battle as they were echoing what we were all thinking.

Now, I don't know about you but to me it seemed that Ash and Trip's battle was an after-thought. Even though Pignite was courageous during the battle and tried very hard, Serperior was just too fast to land a hit and the writing was on the wall very quickly.

This is now set up an intriguing battle between Alder and Trip. At the moment, Trip thinks he is unstoppable however I think Alder is out there to teach Trip a lesson and I hope it hits him hard.

I'm so excited! On to the next one!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I was a little surprised to see Dragonite obey Iris' commands, but it seemed a little sketchy. I was with Georgia on this one, same with Cynthia (much more than the others). But once Krokorok evolved, it finally made Dragonite snap with a hit from Dragon Claw as a Krookodie. Man, that Dragonite is a loose cannon. Especially when puking out moves towards Iris and all the other trainers. Glad Ash picked things up and aimed towards Dragonite with Krookodile's Crunch/Stone Edge.

Trip's Serperior... ugh, so fast. Can someone imagine this Pokemon out speeding Sonic, or would Sonic still have the advantage? I felt bad for Pignite, since he tried his best. Flame Charge really helped but it didn't match Serperior's [broken] speed.

However, I look forward to seeing Alder battling Trip.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
So why did dragonite listen to iris when battling ash I didn't understand that

LizardonX

Banned
So why did dragonite listen to iris when battling ash I didn't understand that

Because iris promised dragonite some special favors that night *shot*

Truth is dragonite didn't think Korkorok was a threat so he gave iris the benefit of the doubt and listened. Once it evolved all bets were off, including sadly Iris' offer of a romantic night out

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
Because iris promised dragonite some special favors that night *shot*

Truth is dragonite didn't think Korkorok was a threat so he gave iris the benefit of the doubt and listened. Once it evolved all bets were off, including sadly Iris' offer of a romantic night out
Ok I understand now and I never saw iris as a pokephile its to hard to.imagine

wobbanut

Team Awesome
At least Dragonite cooperated... for a minute. Man, did he go bat-guano crazy after. At least Krookodile got the chance to shine. And poor Burgundy never gets her wish, hee hee. :) I also liked Georgia actually admiring Iris for a moment before Dragonite went off the deep end.

7/10

NPT

Just a member
This episode was full of battles. It's nice that Ash's Krokorok evolved into Krookodile and Defeated Iris's Dragonite, But Ash and Trip's battle was rushed. I think it was all a setup, so Trip could battle Alder.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

The only thing I disliked about this episode is how Iris and Dragonite focused it was. I would've liked some of the conversation to be about Ash or the fact his Krokorok evolved into a Krookodile, from someone that isn't sitting next to Alder.

Seriously the moment Krokorok evolved, Georgia and Burgundy blabbing on about Dragonite and Iris.