• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash is not serious with Sinnoh League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it seems Gliscor is, with its dramatic entrance and all.

Yes Gliscor is the best. He shouldn't have left Ash. But of course he was allowed to train...

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Actually, it seems Gliscor is, with its dramatic entrance and all.

I really don't think Gliscor should really go anywhere near the pokemon league. He's not ready and he has already had enough episodes deticated to him only, even though he has been gone for a while.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
As much as I want to see Charizard, I don't have much hope for him to make a comeback

thunderblade12

Off somewhere not being as good as it gets credit for.

Seriously, I hope Heracross or something thrashes Darkrai. But then, all of the crazed Charizard fans would find an excuse to belittle it's win.

Him Idk what it has to do with the debate but I keep thinking about Dark Ash

I sooooo want him back

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
You're not the only one, many fans miss him a lot. The writers really made a mess of him losing to Dusclops, and now is their chance of redemption by having Charizard battle a legendary a 3rd time(Articuno and Entie being the others).

thunderblade12

I'm glad the thing's being left out for once. The writers can show that Ash's others are all just as good. He doesn't need to rely on it.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
He isn't serious because he's acutally bringing back his reserves.
In the Hoenn league he was serious. If he wants to win the league with reserves, where's Charizard.

You're not the only one, many fans miss him a lot. The writers really made a mess of him losing to Dusclops, and now is their chance of redemption by having Charizard battle a legendary a 3rd time(Articuno and Entie being the others).

That Entei was a illusion. I don't think anything can beat a illusion unless you communicate with the source that is making it. That means Charizard only battled one legendary and that is Articuno.

I don't think Ash should rely on Charizard too much. He should also train his other Pokemon to reach higher power.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Oh, he's veeery serious. Charizard or not, Ash still has Torkoal, Infernape and Quilava.

I'm surprised people haven't mentioned Sceptile.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
So he doesn't use his overexposed, overrated, and prehistoric fire dragon this time around and all of a sudden he's not serious about the SL?

Come on people...

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I would have liked to have seen Sceptile this saga, sadly there was not ONE team rotation, prior-Sinnoh conference, -arc. Sceptile would have been a definite candidate to battle the Darkrai Trainer, well in my opinion at least. But honestly, is Charizard somewhat a one-hit wonder? like, will we only remember him for Seismic Toss and thats it? Infernape on the other hand, is like, Charizard minus Seismic Toss (presumed) minus Fly plus Flame Wheel plus Blaze.

IF say, Infernape learned Seismic Toss (or his own unique version), I can't see Ash ever deciding to bring back the Fire-Breathing-Flying-Orange-Lizard in the near future.

Sigh

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Wheres Charizard ;006;

Not gonna show up because you keep touching yourself at night.

Just because Ash isn't using Charizard doesn't mean he's not serious about the League. He's serious about beating Paul, let's just leave it at that.

gliscor&yanmega

Ash isn't serious because he isn't using Charizard? What sense does that make?

Ash wants to be a Pokemon master, you can't be a Pokemon Master if you use just one Pokemon all the time, he has to use all of his Pokemon and make them all very powerful.

Charizard is already very powerful, it doesn't need any battle time.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Charizard, Sceptile and Swellow have already proven themselves plenty of times. We won't be surprised much unless they have a really unexpected new attack. So far the attention has gone to Cyndaquil/Quilava, Heracross, Noctowl and Gible while Staraptor, Snorlax and Donphan have had little moments. All of them have really surprised us and proven how capable they actually are- I now consider Noctowl on par with Ash's typical standards rather than just a weaking, and Heracross is going to be taking on a Darkrai. And you can't say that Ash isn't taking it seriously when he's clearly been working very hard with his pokemon and honing their new skills, as well as making good team choices. Maybe if there are two battles left we'll see Charizard and the other powerhouses return, but I'm glad we've finally seen the forgotten few at their best.

Hm...It seems Jean Luc isn't himself these days...

poizonsting

Pokemon master
That Entei was a illusion. I don't think anything can beat a illusion unless you communicate with the source that is making it. That means Charizard only battled one legendary and that is Articuno.

I don't think Ash should rely on Charizard too much. He should also train his other Pokemon to reach higher power.

But the fact still remains that it was an Entei. Even though an illusion, it was as powerful as Entei and used moves like it

Silver_Seoul

But the fact still remains that it was an Entei. Even though an illusion, it was as powerful as Entei and used moves like it

That's like saying if you're stranded in the desert and drink water from a mirage you've still quenched your thirst, despite it being a psychological phenomena.

Besides, with Movie 13 being released in the middle of a League, despite many anime references to past movies, it's getting difficult to view them as canon. So I'd say Charizard never really fought an Entei.

Status
Not open for further replies.