• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Joins In! The Pokémon World Championships!! (1107)

Sham

The Guardian of War
So if Pikachu didn't protect itself with Self Destruct would it had been a draw and both of their points would of lowered/increased or stayed the same? And why use SD if that's your final Pokemon anyway? Questions

RLC

So if Pikachu didn't protect itself with Self Destruct would it had been a draw and both of their points would of lowered/increased or stayed the same? And why use SD if that's your final Pokemon anyway? Questions
I think pieces points would go down if it was a draw since her point were way above ash's so the system probably expected her to win

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Holy crap, this episode was way better than I'd expected! I already knew the battle would be fun to watch (not this good though, especially loved Gengar and Electrode in this) but I didn't expect the callbacks! Ash even mentioning that he beat Surge was a pleasant surprise for me; for the Gym Trainers to recognize him (cuz Surge apparently keeps telling 'em about the legendary Pikachu that took down his Raichu) and even having Ash use the same tactic he used to beat Raichu's electric attack, and then showing us that the Gym Trainers knew exactly what that tactic was...

Man, that's a ton of unexpected continuity!

btw one more thing I keep seeing in comments on this post...sure, Go's not really acting like a great trainer right now. But it doesn't mean he's a horrible person; it's just more proof that despite his Pokédex-level knowledge of every Pokémon out there, he's still a newbie trainer who doesn't really know much aside from throwing a Pokéball and maybe telling his 'mons to use the occasional move. He has space to grow more, sure...but he can, and will, grow as a trainer, just like Ash and all his travel companions have grown ever since the series has started.

J. D. Guy

I would love to see old characters return sooo much. It makes me feel like they're forgetting about older fans when they neglect old characters.
I'd say that moments were they do references that aren't strictly required for the present episode's story show that they are aware of older viewers who are still watching or keep tabs. That's been a thing since this series had started. This episode is a little different, since it made logical sense to reference Ash's past, although they technically didn't need to do it as thoroughly as they did, which was an extra mile could be seen as a nice little boon to old-time viewers.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I really enjoyed this episode. A ton of people were upset that it wasn't Lt. Surge battling Ash but this episode gave us the impression that it WILL happen in the future. Lt. Surge went to train with his Electric types. So I wonder if he'll come back with a Mega Evolution. I'm sure the news that the Cerulean Gym and the Pewter Gym have a Mega Gyarados and Mega Steelix has reached Surge. Maybe he can come back with a Mega Ampharos and Dragonite can get a chance to shine.

Who knows what if Surge is gonna be Ash's final opponent in the Normal Class Rank? She made a point in thanking Ash for him choosing her as his first opponent.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I feel like Ash got like 2 lucky wins in span of 4-5 months thanks to abilities.First with Guzma and now with this gym leader.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I feel like Ash got like 2 lucky wins in span of 4-5 months thanks to abilities.First with Guzma and now with this gym leader.
Aftermath activates when a pokemon is defeated. Electrode had pretty much already lost, he was just trying to force a draw as a last resort.

Snupiks

Why did they change Katsura back to how he looks in games?

Also, wish all Gym Leader girls make comeback.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Why does Raboot Naruto-run like the invasion on area 51?

Ash's first time beating a gym leader was in vermilion city, so it's epic that his first WCS match happens there too

I didn't realize the size difference between Pikachu and Electrode before this episode

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I should mention that the Japanese version never actually *says* whether Not-Matis is a man or a woman... But the voice actor is female. I think it's just that she's so much more muscular than basically any other female character in Pokémon that it confused a lot of people.