• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Ketchum: Doomed to failure?

Mayfan

Wh-hoo!
What do you guys think?

Do you think Ash will ever become a Pokemon master, or win a league at the least?

I *personally* think he'll win the Isshu league, but lose to E4 member number one, and it continues on and on till a few gens later he beats the Champion. Then realizes the whole thing is impossible, settles down and marries someone and gets a job.

....What do you guys think? Will Ash's dream ever be realized?

Sayho1234

I think that Ash will never become a Pokemon Master at least in my personal definition of what the word really means.

I think he can become a Pokemon master.

I mean, look how far he's come and how many gym's he's beaten! I think at this point, there's no challenge he can't overcome. There's no stopping him now!

coolminun

Banned
I honestly don't care anymore. After Sinnoh's Takuto with A darkrai and a latios. I mean really? A freakin Latios?!!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I think he can become a Pokemon master.

I mean, look how far he's come and how many gym's he's beaten! I think at this point, there's no challenge he can't overcome. There's no stopping him now!

are you a wizard?

Ash was doomed from the start, he wants to catch all 561 or whatever pokemon and he only has what, 40 of them?

TicoPokemonMaster

This has spoilers written all over it. None of what is being said in this thread has happened outside of japan. so I think this will probably be moved into the spoiler section.

Pokemon Inc

We Are Pokemon!
Well i wish they could define the term "pokemon master" because i really don't understand what it means. Wether its defeating all pokemon leagues i don't know. But to me i think its just a phase he's going through. I mean when i was 5 i wanted to be a policemen then when i was 10 i wanted to be a chef and now i am a medical student.

So one day Ash will give up on this and want to become "The breeding master" and then a "contest master"

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash was doomed from the start, he wants to catch all 561 or whatever pokemon and he only has what, 40 of them?

To be fair, there were only 151 Pokemon at the beginning of the anime (152 if you count Ho-Oh) so at that point in time, it didn't seem so impossible. Besides, he's no longer after all the Pokemon in the world; rather, he's just trying to defeat the Pokemon League. I also believe that the whole "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" tagline was just used in the dubbed anime, not the Japanese version though I could be wrong. Anyway, I don't think Ash is doomed per se, just not on the right track at the moment :p

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
I will say this in 3 words first, then the intelligent stuff.

ASH IS DOOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Pokemon Inc

We Are Pokemon!
Do you think Pokemon Anime would still work if Ash came out of the blue and said one day "I dont want to be a Pokemon Master anymore i just want to do contests"?

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
I'm pretty sure Ash will become a Pokemon master at the end of the series

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Ash will become a Pokemon master when the show ends. Although I'll be retiring from the anime after D/P, I do hope I'll be alive to that day when he becomes one. We will also probably have a specific definition for "Pokemon master" at that time.

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
I don't think he is doomed or hopeless. But I do know, he needs to win one league at least one. I've been watching this show since it first came out and from what I've been watching over years, I'm getting kind of sick of the show now. I'm getting tired of seeing Ash always losing/coming close to winning a league then running off to the next region. The writers have got to do something better with him. I love Ash, I like the show, but someone else has got to take the reins now. 15 years of Ash running around in every new region has got to end at one point.

To be fair, there were only 151 Pokemon at the beginning of the anime (152 if you count Ho-Oh) so at that point in time, it didn't seem so impossible. Besides, he's no longer after all the Pokemon in the world; rather, he's just trying to defeat the Pokemon League. I also believe that the whole "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" tagline was just used in the dubbed anime, not the Japanese version though I could be wrong. Anyway, I don't think Ash is doomed per se, just not on the right track at the moment :p

Yes, "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" was 4kids, however Ash did state his dream was to catch every pokemon and become a pokemon master. 4kids also added that Arbok evolves into Seviper and that water types are weak against fire, not so fun facts. :/

I honestly don't care anymore. After Sinnoh's Takuto with A darkrai and a latios. I mean really? A freakin Latios?!!

My favorite quote from people I have read about that match;

"Well that explains how he captured a Legendary... he used a Legendary". >_>

That fight was the bigest middle finger to Ash. Takuto should have had a team of powerful, yet not rare, pokemon on his team after Darkrai. Ash could have still lost and almost nobody would have been angry about it because Ash still would have taken down a Darkrai.;491;

Ash is collecting his new team fast so far but Pikachu getting oneshotted by a freaking starter goes on my list as the second biggest middle finger to Ash. :surfpika:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I think that he can do it. I mean he's gotten higher in the ranks at his league competitions. IF this new series is going to be like the first series done right, then he might just become the champ like he was supposed to in Kanto..

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
He is going to finally win at the end of the series, they'll plan ahead for him to get that. Then they will give him one last arc based on the Elite Four challenges or whatever happens. So I think he'll do it, but not now.

AshMayMistyHikarifan

From what I understand, YugiOh eventually obtained his goal, so if it can happen to Yugi, it should happen to Ash. It is confusing to the regions they draw up: Kanto was easy, Johto the next stage, Hoenn, but then sinnou and now Isshu? what's next?