• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Ketchum: Doomed to failure?

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
He will most likely never win the pokemon league because if he did they would make a new main character who wants the same thing and then it wouldn't be as popular. Thats just what I think =D

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I think Ritchie said Pokemon Master before, and I know Misty said she wanted to be a Water Pokemon Master, and the Harbour Master and possessed Nurse Joy in the first movie but I can't think of anyone else

I think Ash would only class himself as a Pokemon Master if he wins the Indigo League, since that's his home region's league, and probably the most prestigious tournament in the PokeJapan continent

Okay, so someone else said it but that was Kanto when i was believed that catching every single damn pokemon was the only way to become a pokemon master. but back then 4kids dubbed the show who misunderstood the translation. remember when Brock said that Arbok could evolve into Serviper or the donuts? but hey, i was a kid back then. i believed everything what i saw on pokemon. lol.

He would call himself a pokemon master IF he evens wins the league and get into verseing the Elite four. =/

Sadly, I heard that was a mistranslation in the dub; Conquering the Champion League is only a one STEP closer to becoming a Pokemon Master.

Great, more confusion. so beating the champ isn't the whole thing? i knew there was something more to it. lol.

Last edited:

hever

022611229PM
He will most likely never win the pokemon league because if he did they would make a new main character who wants the same thing and then it wouldn't be as popular. Thats just what I think =D

Ash is just stupid. I mean his Pikachu loses to a newly-conceived (level 5) Snivy? Even if it is a little bit higher in level, it should not lose like that. I blame the stupid trainer. Ash will probably get stabbed sooner or later.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Ash is just stupid. I mean his Pikachu loses to a newly-conceived (level 5) Snivy? Even if it is a little bit higher in level, it should not lose like that. I blame the stupid trainer. Ash will probably get stabbed sooner or later.

At the start of a new region Ash normally loses in the most dissapointing way the writers could think of. normal the start of a new region doesn't interest me as much as the end since it is normal quite boring and have to wait quite a long time for the real interesting episodes to start.

He is still 10

If you watch the first episode of the animé he is ten if you watch the first black and white episode he is still 10 when really he should be like 20. Ash reminds me of Justin bieber they both will never hit puberty. :172:

randomspot555

Did you even bother to actually watch the episode?

Also, levels are not set in stone like they are in the games. In fact, they barely exist.

If you watch the first episode of the animé he is ten if you watch the first black and white episode he is still 10 when really he should be like 20. Ash reminds me of Justin bieber they both will never hit puberty. :172:

If a cartoon show not advancing in real time bothers you, maybe you should find something else to do.

Pokemon_Special_Fan

Well apparently there really aren't levels in the anime as far as I'm concerned =/

Also, they do have a bit of an excuse as Pikachu got zapped by Zekrom, preventing him to be able to perform electric attacks and screwed it over. That would of caused a reset for pikachu. It's like the beginning of the advanced generation where pikachu also got a reset.

The only time I can think of that had no excuse for pikachu reseting was the beginning of the diamond and pearl saga. At least from what I remember, nothing really happens to Pikachu in the beginning that causes it to reset other than the writers just wanting pikachu to reset again. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Maetch

Of course Ash is going to throw every major tournament. If he actually WON one, he'd have no excuse to move on to the next region and try again from square one.

Like it or hate it, the show is designed to never conclude in anything resembling proper closure. It'll just keep going until the studio pulls the plug, and then everything will fade to black right where it stands. If anything, "Pokemon" is "The Simpsons" of anime: never changing, never evolving, always staying in conformity.