• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Ketchum: Doomed to failure?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The sad,depressing fact of the matter is Ash will never win.Not because he isn't good enough,but because of what the series was created for.I love the series.We loved the Kanto arc and we still remain loyal fans.But in the end,Nintendo sees it as nothing more or less than an advertising gimmick,than a simple show they share little to no passion for.Yes,they can pretend,they can create endearing characters,but they are not the fans of the show.The reason why Ash has lost,why it continues to go on,is because they're promoting the next gen.

And they won't give Ash a break.They won't let a new character carry on the rungs.They'll contine to use Ash for years on end,never relenting,until everything we loved about the series ages to dust.Because,in the end,they don't care.About us.About Ash.No,they just care about money and sales.And one can only hope it hasn't always been like that.To the producers,we're nothing more than wallets,and Ash is their pawn.And they do so much to try and hide it.But it seems Ash's most recent loss just proves what they are

Still,that doesn't mean we can't speculate.After all,that's why fanfiction(good fanfiction though) exists.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
The sad, depressing fact of the matter is that Ash will never win. Not because he isn't good enough, but because of what the series has became. I love the series. We loved the Kanto arc and we still remain loyal fans. But in the end, Nintendo sees it as nothing more or less than an advertising gimmick, than a simple show they share little to no passion for. Yes, they can pretend, they can create endearing characters, but they are not the fans of the show. The reason why Ash has lost, why it continues to go on, is because they're promoting Generations of Pokemon games.

And they won't give Ash a break. They won't let a new character carry on the rungs. They'll contine to use Ash for years on end, never relenting, until everything we loved about the series ages to dust. Because, in the end, they don't care. About us. About Ash. No,they just care about money and sales.And one can only hope it hasn't always been like that. To the producers, we're nothing more than wallets,and Ash is their pawn. And they do so much to try and hide it. But it seems Ash's most recent loss just proves what they are.

Still, that doesn't mean we can't speculate. After all, that's why fanfiction (good fanfiction though) exists.
Pokemon: the Money making Anime Series. Also, Nintendo got plenty of franchises to ***** out, it's the Pokemon Company and Shogakukan Productions you should be worry about.

Next time, make sure you space after your periods and commas.

Last edited:

Professor-Layton

Ash is already a master in my book. One day he will discover that he was already a master all along.

Ravenous14

Elite Trainer

Professor-Layton

the four Pokemon of the apocalypse?

lol aren't they based on the three/four musketeers? not the four horsemen of the apocalypse...

I thought about it, and it was either that or "My Little Poké."

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
You know what would be really irritating? If they do the classic sunset, anime character staring at sky, and the narrator talking about "Ash's journey will never be over and he is still on his way to becoming a pokemon master." End.

pokenutter

Warrior of Time
I don't think there will be a definitive answer to this question until they actually tell us what it takes to become a Pokemon Master.

AmericanPi

Write on
Really, the Anime or someone has to precisely define the term "Pokemon Master". Then we can decide how close Ash is to becoming one.

My prediction is, Ash will make it to the Semi-finals in Gen V, the Finals in Gen VI, win the league but lose against the first member of the elite four in Gen VII, etc, etc... But according to this pattern, Ash won't become League Champion until Generation... 12? XD

Astral Arrow

I agree with the others, it'll probably happen right when the show is about to end. But you never know. A whole DECADE has gone by with Ash losing in the major leagues, and they've probably been getting a lot of fan mail complaining about that, so who knows, maybe Ash WILL win the Isshu league but lose to the E4 or the Champion.

But yeah, a lot of the show's premise is that the Status Quo is God. Ash's Pikachu will never evolve, Ash will always have a new, harsh rival who came out of nowhere, and he'll go on to compete in a new region to bring in more marketing and advertising. It's what they do as a company; they're trying to sell their own product without going too far while also trying to keep the show as interesting as possible.

Personally, I think the way the Johto saga SHOULD have ended is Ash won it, he and Misty get together (I'm not a PokeShipper, I'm more of an AdvanceShipper, so hear me out), and then, the NEXT saga takes place twenty years later, and it's ASH'S SON that wants to become the master. He goes through Hoenn, and maybe he has several brothers and sisters, who go to other regions, thus allowing the Hoenn/Sinnoh/Isshu arcs to take place within the same time range. But nooooo, Ash is a supposedly 10-year-old after SEVERAL YEARS OF TRAVELING THROUGH REGIONS... so. Yeah.

All hail the Status Quo.

randomspot555

Personally, I think the way the Johto saga SHOULD have ended is Ash won it, he and Misty get together (I'm not a PokeShipper, I'm more of an AdvanceShipper, so hear me out), and then, the NEXT saga takes place twenty years later, and it's ASH'S SON that wants to become the master. He goes through Hoenn, and maybe he has several brothers and sisters, who go to other regions, thus allowing the Hoenn/Sinnoh/Isshu arcs to take place within the same time range. But nooooo, Ash is a supposedly 10-year-old after SEVERAL YEARS OF TRAVELING THROUGH REGIONS... so. Yeah.

No,Pokemon was not going to become your personal fan fic.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I think what Ash REALLY needs is to grow up. Five Regions, Orange Islands, and the Battle Frontier, and he's still 10?

All joking aside, I really think this will end three ways.
1. The sucky way. Some nice little warm moment with Ash looking hopeful, Pikachu on his shoulder, and the narrator talking about how Ash will never stop trying until he becomes a Pokemon Master. The End.
2. He will win, and then all of this will come to an end, much like Dragon Ball Z. He'll win and then go off on some other quest that really is just a cliff hanger never to be answered.
3. He won't win. He'll find something else that he really wants to do. Brock was a Gym Leader before he met Ash. He only trained rock type Pokemon. Now? He's a Pokemon Breeder. He has a bigger variety of Pokemon. He just found something else to loved.
Same with Gary. Gary was after the same thing as Ash. Suddenly, he wants to be a Pokemon Researcher. He grew up.
Ash is suddenly going to grow up and go and do that. He'll probably leave Competetive Pokemon Battling for whatever thing he actually wants to do. But he'll never complete his goal, or he'll be THIS CLOSE! And realize he doesn't want it.

Something like that, that's just how I see things unfolding. One of the three, I'm just more partial towards my last idea though.

... He does need to age though.

Ash becoming a pokémon master is probably something that will happen in the last episode of the last season. Him becoming a master is the goal of the whole show, really. It sounds likely that they won't make him one until the very end.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Ash's goal is like Naruto's goal. Almost impossible with the constant change of bad luck. But why isn't this thread closed yet? Ash won't be a failure forever.

TheEpicGoomba

He might but im not gonna count on it and if he does he will fail at the elite 4 and have to start again unless he use charizard and so on

Slick_281

Well if you read the episode guide in the best wishes saga it say in the very begging that Ash will meet new friends continue his adventures to take on the gym leaders of Unova and win the Unova League... Typo or spoiler.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Ash's goal is like Naruto's goal. Almost impossible with the constant change of bad luck. But why isn't this thread closed yet? Ash won't be a failure forever.

But Naruto has a less wiggle room. What a Hokage is was clearly defined in the story and what it takes to become one as well.

For as long a Pokemon has been going on, we still don't have the slightest clue as to what a "Pokemon Master" is.

At least Naruto has something that can be realistically reached and he has been shown to be somewhat on the right path to achieving it.

Dreamcoat

He's one of the trademarks of the animé and always has been. If he was allowed to win a league (OI & BF not included), his purpose on the show would be gone. If he's ever going to win a League, it'll be waaay into the future when it's all about to end. That, or he'll spend the last episode finding some other purpose to devote his life to

And no, they wouldn't have him go through the whole "GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL".