• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Ketchum: Doomed to failure?

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
How is this any different from him losing leagues, over and over again for the past 13 years?

Apparently there is a double standard.

It's okay for him to lose constantly, but somehow him always winning would get boring.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, right?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The Sinnoh league was really messed up.

Ash brings back older pokemon like Muk and Glalie who don't even get a battle, and Ash gets a rushed finish.

Seriously, WTF? It seems like the Sinnoh league was intended to be longer.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
The Sinnoh league was really messed up.

Ash brings back older pokemon like Muk and Glalie who don't even get a battle, and Ash gets a rushed finish.

Seriously, WTF? It seems like the Sinnoh league was intended to be longer.

I'm guessing that the writters were crunched for time; after wasting episodes on silly fillers (Pikachu-Piplup gay love episode, Piplup-Maril-Elekid love triangle episode) and filler arcs(The Twinleaf Festival could have been cut in half), they had to rush things so they could start making Best Wishes. As a result, the Sinnoh League got screwed: less competitors, no backstory for Tobias (heck, the existance of Tobias), never seeing the rest of the Ash and Snorlax battle, ect.

The anime is just a giant commercial, so we blame the money-hungry executives for shortness of the Sinnoh League.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I really do not understand why the Sinnoh league was so rushed, when they made some fillers after the GF and they knew when it would end.

If at least Ash's Pokemon brought back got a battle, I'd be fine with Ash losing to Tobias.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Nah,I think that Ash will become one whenever the writers end the anime one of these days in the near future.The Sinnoh League could have been the last league ever in the series but I do think the writers made Tobias and made him have ubers because they were not finish the series just yet.So in the long run,It will happen one of these days but not anytime soon.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
One day..... One day he will realize there's no such thing as a Pokemon Master.

I'm gonna say one thing.

Money = Good.

No matter how much you have 99% of the time you will want more. So why mess with something that is working for them. If 1 19 year old quits the anime they wont really care because they have 1000 9 year olds.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
After watching the show for nearly ten years i've come to the conculsion that there is no such things as a pokemon master as it is only a part of Ash's imagination. lol.

I don't really think Ash will become a pokemon master any time soon. not while pokemon is living as a giant never-ending ad.

Actually the Sinnoh saga confirmed that by conquering the Champion League and defeating Cynthia, he would become a Pokemon Master

So example: So IF Ash does beat the elite four and Cynthia, he automatically becomes a pokemon master? isn't there anything else to it?

Last edited:

Aesir

Breeder
So example: So IF Ash does beat the elite four and Cynthia, he automatically becomes a pokemon master? isn't there anything else to it?

I think Pokemon Master in the series is a subjective term, basically anyone can be a Pokemon Master if they fulfill certain criteria, like for example, defeating a region's Elite Four and Champion,yet even if he does win he can obviously continue his journey (like you see Cynthia travelling around Sinnoh quite a lot, she's probably out there continuing her journey between championship matches)

Haxaurus

I think hes journey will end when hes 87 years old, if they continue making pokemon.
Its weird how hes still 10 years old

Aesir

Breeder
I think hes journey will end when hes 87 years old, if they continue making pokemon.
Its weird how hes still 10 years old

I think Ash is trapped in a time bubble which stops him from aging, despite a year having passed by the time of the Pikachu and Pichu movie, and he's been on at least 7 journey's now, during which AT LEAST another year must have passed

Haxaurus

I think Ash is trapped in a time bubble which stops him from aging, despite a year having passed by the time of the Pikachu and Pichu movie, and he's been on at least 7 journey's now, during which AT LEAST another year must have passed

I need to learn hes secret! Hes probably 16 without all the crazy time things.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I think Pokemon Master in the series is a subjective term, basically anyone can be a Pokemon Master if they fulfill certain criteria, like for example, defeating a region's Elite Four and Champion,yet even if he does win he can obviously continue his journey (like you see Cynthia travelling around Sinnoh quite a lot, she's probably out there continuing her journey between championship matches)

I guess that makes sense but now talking in a anime wise fact. if this did happen wouldn't the fans stop watching the show? "i mean Ash has become a pokemon master now, there is no more point watching the show now." I mean thats what Ash wanted to become right? what's the point making a show go longer when someone's goal has been achived. it just makes no sense to me.

And if he does win and beats Cynthia where would he go next that won't bore the viewers? And has anyone else mention the words "Pokemon Master" other than Ash? i have a bad memory but what i can get out of it is no. i mean not in even fanfiction stories use the term Pokemon Master has been truly used to its real meaning.

When i was little the show made me believe to become a "Pokemon Master" you had to catch as much pokemon you can possibly can, only till now, ten years later did they say HOW you can become one. if somehow the writers add some make believe oneshot pokemon master for an episode will i believe that becoming a pokemon can be achived. but that statement isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

Aesir

Breeder
I guess that makes sense but now talking in a anime wise fact. if this did happen wouldn't the fans stop watching the show? "i mean Ash has become a pokemon master now, there is no more point watching the show now." I mean thats what Ash wanted to become right? what's the point making a show go longer when someone's goal has been achived. it just makes no sense to me.

And if he does win and beats Cynthia where would he go next that won't bore the viewers? And has anyone else mention the words "Pokemon Master" other than Ash? i have a bad memory but what i can get out of it is no. i mean not in even fanfiction stories use the term Pokemon Master has been truly used to its real meaning.

When i was little the show made me believe to become a "Pokemon Master" you had to catch as much pokemon you can possibly can, only till now, ten years later did they say HOW you can become one. if somehow the writers add some make believe oneshot pokemon master for an episode will i believe that becoming a pokemon can be achived. but that statement isn't going to happen.

I think Ritchie said Pokemon Master before, and I know Misty said she wanted to be a Water Pokemon Master, and the Harbour Master and possessed Nurse Joy in the first movie but I can't think of anyone else

I think Ash would only class himself as a Pokemon Master if he wins the Indigo League, since that's his home region's league, and probably the most prestigious tournament in the PokeJapan continent

randomspot555

I think Ritchie said Pokemon Master before, and I know Misty said she wanted to be a Water Pokemon Master, and the Harbour Master and possessed Nurse Joy in the first movie but I can't think of anyone else

I think Ash would only class himself as a Pokemon Master if he wins the Indigo League, since that's his home region's league, and probably the most prestigious tournament in the PokeJapan continent

You're assuming Pokemon Master is a formal title, like Champion and Gym Leader are. I honestly don't believe there is a formal title.

It's like, I don't know, being a really great cardiologist. Sure, all the other cardiologists are also board certified and have their MD, but certain cardiologists have gone the extra mile in establishing credibility.

So just because you're a Champion of a region, it doesn't inherently make you a pokemon master. And just because you beat a champion of a region, it doesn't make you one either (though it might make you champion).

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Actually the Sinnoh saga confirmed that by conquering the Champion League and defeating Cynthia, he would become a Pokemon Master

Sadly, I heard that was a mistranslation in the dub; Conquering the Champion League is only a one STEP closer to becoming a Pokemon Master.
I'm gonna say one thing.

Money = Good.

No matter how much you have 99% of the time you will want more. So why mess with something that is working for them. If 1 19 year old quits the anime they wont really care because they have 1000 9 year olds.

How true. They don't care about having Ash reach his goals, just how many plush toys and bread snacks that can be sold to Japanese 9 year olds. They will keep on having Ash lose in the glorious persuit of more Yen. They got a working formula, and will abuse it because they know that it make money. As long as they get their money, the higher-ups don't care about the old fans, since they know new fans who'll buy their products and do not know about Ash's history will take our place.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
You mean,like beat a Champion? Plausible.

Get every Pokemon? No way.