• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash & Latios (1235)

TheNewGuy

Yeah I was gonna say, how could anyone expect it to be the pair from the movie? Everyone knows what happened there

Risrhayne

Favorite part of this episode was Pikachu Iron Tailing Latios on the head when he charged at Latias. Freaking no hesitation Smackdown.

Other than that, man what a letdown in terms of payoff. That Hunter seemed like a persistent guy and the fact that Latias just….left her brother to be pestered by this guy so she could watch Ash walking around aimlessly…priorities people.

Latios goes through the tired old arc we’ve seen a million times of a Pokémon hurt by humans unwilling to trust humans again until our special MC reaches out to them slowly. Latios was just acting like a total tsundere. If Ash tried to catch Latias, Latios would straight up kill him.

TR appeared, so that pretty much guarantees we’ll see them next week to resolve their issue.

The last bit of this episode honestly gives me hope for next week’s ultimate send off. The PokeAni is generally unremarkable and one could predict what will happen with ease. But it’s stuff like Serena kissing Ash, Burnet being pregnant and in this case the reveal that Latios and Latias are connected to the movie Latias that genuinely surprise me. Like the anime IS capable of dropping bombshells.

I think we’re all expecting Ash’s last scene to be him running under the rainbow, but a part of me’s thinking they’re gonna drop one more bombshell. If not, I guess I’ll have a healthy bowl of my words for breakfast.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Is it safe to say that Pokemon Heroes (5th movie) is now canon?
It always was. All of the movies up to the splinter timeline are canon to the main series.

So, everyone is just calling this guy "the hunter". Did he not get a name?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yeah I was gonna say, how could anyone expect it to be the pair from the movie? Everyone knows what happened there

i was under the impression another pair came to protect the town which was heavily implied in the movie's ending.

maybe this was that pair.

Still that movie connection is about the only thing interesting about this episode to me.

Caesar XII

Lurked for 14 years before posting my first post.
I just realized through out this entire run Latias never used Mist Ball. It's Signature Move and it's one of the only moves that is signature to a legendary Pokemon to have never been used.

Ugh.
Tell me about it, I was rather curious how OLM would've animated it.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
no real opinion ngl. But I did like that they did further show that M05 is canon with Altomare’s appearance. Even M05 Latias was shown lmao.

(She was on the swing in her Bianca disguise)

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I just realized through out this entire run Latias never used Mist Ball. It's Signature Move and it's one of the only moves that is signature to a legendary Pokemon to have never been used.

Ugh.
You do know that Mist Ball is a psychic type move that has no effect on Hydreigon, a dark type Pokemon, right?
also, Psychic is stronger than Mist Ball and its OP in the anime.

nuzamaki90

Didn’t know how I was going to feel about this episode going into it but I was thoroughly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I loved seeing Ash calm Latias down, and their overall interactions were very heartwarming especially when you compare it to the first episode. The compassion and respect genuinely felt earned even if I felt like it lasted too long overall.

Really the interactions between Ash, Pikachu, and the Lati siblings were really entertaining. I loved Pikachu riding on Latias, Pikachu VS Latios Round 2, Ash riding on Latios and protecting its wounds, Ash’s Aura abilities being used again, and the final team up between Ash and Latios is as close as we’ll ever get to a potential capture and it was very satisfying.

The Pokémon Hunter was also cool too, he looked a bit non serious in the initial previews but he was actually fairly competent and definitely made me go wtf when Swellow and Steelix got blasted.

But obviously the highlight for me of all people was “Mystery Girl” kicking in at the end and the total blast from the past Alto Mare comeback. Wow what a treat for fans of that movie, totally did not see that coming as I long since gave up the Movie 5 relations idea weeks ago.

As an Altobro myself I can definitely say this episode stuck the landing. A nice way to cap off the movie side of Ash’s story.

AJ97

Favorite part of this episode was Pikachu Iron Tailing Latios on the head when he charged at Latias. Freaking no hesitation Smackdown.
This. The second I saw this I really had high hopes for the episode cause we see Pikachu actually act like the World's strongest trainer-owned Pokemon by effortlessly pushing back Latios.

MegaSalamence05

You do know that Mist Ball is a psychic type move that has no effect on Hydreigon, a dark type Pokemon, right?
also, Psychic is stronger than Mist Ball and its OP in the anime.
Yes I do know that it's against a Hydreigon I'm talking in general. We've followed it for 10 episodes. It could've easily wiped out the fire in Episode 5. I'm not stupid. It could've used Mist Ball while stalking Ash in a call back to Ash's Gible using Draco Meteor against Piplup. That's just me thinking aloud. Like they even set it up that way with Latias being aprehensive against Ash in the 1st episode.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm glad Ash and his friends free Latios. And defeated the last Pokemon Hunter. The Eon pokemon heads for Alto Mare. Haven't seen Bianca and the Latias who likes Ash for a long while since Pokemon Heroes.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Yes I do know that it's against a Hydreigon I'm talking in general. We've followed it for 10 episodes. It could've easily wiped out the fire in Episode 5. I'm not stupid. It could've used Mist Ball while stalking Ash in a call back to Ash's Gible using Draco Meteor against Piplup. That's just me thinking aloud.
Latias tested Ash's abilities as a Pokemon Trainer before asking him to help her rescue Latios thats why she didnt wipe out the fire.
logical question would be why she didnt use it when she debuted in Movie 5 because Ariados is weak to it and while Espeon resists it, it could still be used against it.
when Nurse Joy used Latias against Forrest's Rhyperior, she had her use moves that Rhyperior are weak to them like Ice Beam and thats why her Latias didnt use Mist Ball.