• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash & May! Heated Battles In Hoenn! (397)

subs

Is there a link with subtitles?
I know theres no dub, but I'd watch it with subs if I could find it.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good clip episode, too bad it didn't dub into the english version.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Apparently it wasn't dubbed because it was a complete waste of time, moreso than most Johto Fillers (what a shock!).

Clipshows are historically boring. This one was a little more exciting because the characters were remembering the events themselves. We didn't just have someone else running through things.

4/10 which is generous. May the next clipshow be a tad bit better.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see the Flashback reminders of Ash and May's battles. I felt this episode wasn't really neccessary. The Flashback clips helped me to finally decide what my favorite moments for Ash and May were.

10/100

JudySpell

Banned
This was just a pointless clip show and I'm glad 4Kids skipped it since nobody watches clip shows in the U.S. and the episode simply would've gotten bad ratings. 2/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Even tho this was a recap episode, I liked seeing it in Japanese cuz I got to hear the original voices of the gym leaders and such. I wish 4kids had dubbed this just for the sake of being equal with the Japanese version of the anime. ^^

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Well the first chunk of the clip show consisted of Ash's Hoenn Gym battles and the second half was basically all of May's Pokemon Contests. Can't blame the dub for skipping this.

Leonhart

Imagineer
For a standard clip show episode, which I can only assume was developed as a way of stalling for time, this one was well put together. I didn't mind seeing flashbacks of when Satoshi won his Houen badges or when Haruka won ribbons, although the fact that this episode only showed 30 seconds of new footage is vexing.

Daizy

I call you honey
4Kids should've shown this episode because even if nothing good happened, kids deserved to see a recap of Ash's Hoenn gym wins and May's Contests.

Daizy

I call you honey
4Kids should've shown this episode because even if nothing good happened, kids deserved to see a recap of Ash's Hoenn gym wins and May's Contests.

Boring clip show. These shouldn't count as episodes. The new footage could've just been added on to the beginning of next episode.
Nice to hear Glory Day though :)