• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash & May! Heated Battles In Hoenn! (397)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Hmm...

Well, showing the gym battles and contests from the beginning of the series IS a good idea. It's been 3 years since Houen started(IIRC), so having a refresher like this is good. Clips show may not be useful in the "oh look they advanced the plot or at least gave us something new" sense, but they ARE useful in the "my memory of that was foggy but this episode helped me remember that" sense; although Pokemon is less confusing to try and remember everything that happened than, say, Gundam SEED Destiny, it's still nice to get a recap on what happened.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Golden Darkness said:
Torkoal Stu said:
So no ash, max, may and brock talking then showing clips? What was the point? Well I doubt this will be dubbed!

No taking by them except in their flashback scenes.

When 4Kids dubs this episode, they could very well change it so that the entire episode is narrated by Ash, Broc, May, and Max. Especially since the narration won't require any lip-syncing on 4Kids' part.

M

MayAsh1987

Well, the clip show is kinda what I predicted, some guy telling, narrating. If 4 Kids do get this episode, do anyone think they might use Ash and May's voices instead since they are the ones who battled and won their prize?

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
MayAsh1987 said:
Well, the clip show is kinda what I predicted, some guy telling, narrating. If 4 Kids do get this episode, do anyone think they might use Ash and May's voices instead since they are the ones who battled and won their prize?
for Ash and May to tell it would be awesome!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Did I see it right from the pics- is this a Team Rocket-less episode? I didn't catch one glimpse of them, even though Jessie had been in most of the contests. If it is, I'm not looking forward to it. :(

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
wobbanut said:
Did I see it right from the pics- is this a Team Rocket-less episode? I didn't catch one glimpse of them, even though Jessie had been in most of the contests. If it is, I'm not looking forward to it. :(
Team Rocket are probably going to play a minor part OR Jessie will steal someones ribbons and enter the contest

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
I just saw the episode, and, in my opinion, the editor of this episode deserves to be shot. Instead of putting the clips together and then rescoring the episode, the editor just kept the music and sound effects that were playing in the original clips. The result is that the music kept skipping whenever a new clip was inserted, which happened over a dozen times in this episode.

I would expect this kind of lazy editing from a freshman Media Studies student, not a television show as well-known as Pocket Monsters.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Dogasu said:
When 4Kids dubs this episode, they could very well change it so that the entire episode is narrated by Ash, Broc, May, and Max. Especially since the narration won't require any lip-syncing on 4Kids' part.
Don't bother, it has been skipped in the US since they don't like doing flashbacks of several shows.

Rex Kamex

Actually, it did make sense for 4Kids to skip this one, not only to get to the Grand Festival faster, but because it wasn't a really good clip show worth waiting a week for anyway.

Dogasu said:
Whey the hell did you bump a five-month old thread?

What's wrong with bumping an Episode Discussion Sticky Thread?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Besides that, it allows the Advanced Battle season to end on an episode with Ash and May in the spotlight. (It would have ended with the May/Harley contest otherwise)

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
Neh, why isn't this episode dubbed in English? Maybe 4Kids skipped this episode and moved on to the next one.