• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash needs pseudo-legendaries on his team

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolkaMan

Hello serebii. After 15+ years of being a show, Ash really needs some legitimatly viable team members, instead of some small juvenile mons. We get it 4Kids/Game Freak/whoever's in charge of this show, Pokemon can be very cute and adorable, you've had that same schtick for years! But now, it's time for a change. Ash needs some truly powerful team members in order to be "the very best like no one ever was." The six Pokemon described below are what I believe best fit Ash.

What team members should he have you ask? I already have some good ideas. First, I think this mon should be Ash's biggest mascot barring Pikachu-Hydreigon. I think Ash should have a Hydreigon on his team because not only is it powerful and fits him perfectly, but it is also very cute. In fact, I think that Hydreigon is THE cutest Pokemon ever designed.

Second, I think Bisharp would also be a great member of Ash's gang. Not only would Bisharp's blades disembowel his adversaries, but they'd have other uses, too, such as cutting wood for a fire or preparing delectable hors d'oveours (get it, because they're in Kalos!).

Third, I also believe that Ash needs to have a Golurk with him. Golurks are golems, so Ash's Golurk would be his guardian.

Forth, Ash should really have a Slaking as a teammate. For those of you who watched the advanced Pokemon series, you would remember that in Ash's battle with Norman, his Slaking did not "loaf around." However, the writers should not make it that easy. Ash's Slaking should at first act similar to his Charizard in the original series, but after some character development, would finally stop "loafing around" and actually fight, thus giving Ash a beast that is worthy of clashing with Gods.

Fifth, Ash shall have a Tyranitar on his team. For any of the long-time viewers or fans of the show a long time ago, remember the Larvitar Ash befriended and returned to his mother? Well, Ash needs to meet him again, except he's all grown up into a Tyranitar. Remembering all of the wonderful deeds Ash accomplished for him, he joins Ash, hopefully as a permanent member.

Last but not least, Ash should really get a Garchomp on his team. The Garchomp Ash should get shall be the Gible he once had, and ends up in a similar case with the Tyranitar one I described above.

Some honorable mentions that I thought would act as great team members for Ash were Conkeldurr, Salamence, Scizor, Dusknoir, Machamp, Haxorus, and Metagross.

One more thing: I'm not saying I want Pikachu or Ash's Pokemon right now to leave, but I think the six I described above would be used for more official battles, such battling with gym leaders or Team Rocket, and the "cuter" ones should be used for friendly battles or for showcasing "cuteness" the anime's creators seem to be so fond about.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Hello serebii. After 15+ years of being a show, Ash really needs some legitimatly viable team members, instead of some small juvenile mons. We get it 4Kids/Game Freak/whoever's in charge of this show, Pokemon can be very cute and adorable, you've had that same schtick for years! But now, it's time for a change. Ash needs some truly powerful team members in order to be "the very best like no one ever was." The six Pokemon described below are what I believe best fit Ash.

What team members should he have you ask? I already have some good ideas. First, I think this mon should be Ash's biggest mascot barring Pikachu-Hydreigon. I think Ash should have a Hydreigon on his team because not only is it powerful and fits him perfectly, but it is also very cute. In fact, I think that Hydreigon is THE cutest Pokemon ever designed.

Second, I think Bisharp would also be a great member of Ash's gang. Not only would Bisharp's blades disembowel his adversaries, but they'd have other uses, too, such as cutting wood for a fire or preparing delectable hors d'oveours (get it, because they're in Kalos!).

Third, I also believe that Ash needs to have a Golurk with him. Golurks are golems, so Ash's Golurk would be his guardian.

Forth, Ash should really have a Slaking as a teammate. For those of you who watched the advanced Pokemon series, you would remember that in Ash's battle with Norman, his Slaking did not "loaf around." However, the writers should not make it that easy. Ash's Slaking should at first act similar to his Charizard in the original series, but after some character development, would finally stop "loafing around" and actually fight, thus giving Ash a beast that is worthy of clashing with Gods.

Fifth, Ash shall have a Tyranitar on his team. For any of the long-time viewers or fans of the show a long time ago, remember the Larvitar Ash befriended and returned to his mother? Well, Ash needs to meet him again, except he's all grown up into a Tyranitar. Remembering all of the wonderful deeds Ash accomplished for him, he joins Ash, hopefully as a permanent member.

Last but not least, Ash should really get a Garchomp on his team. The Garchomp Ash should get shall be the Gible he once had, and ends up in a similar case with the Tyranitar one I described above.

Some honorable mentions that I thought would act as great team members for Ash were Conkeldurr, Salamence, Scizor, Dusknoir, Machamp, Haxorus, and Metagross.

One more thing: I'm not saying I want Pikachu or Ash's Pokemon right now to leave, but I think the six I described above would be used for more official battles, such battling with gym leaders or Team Rocket, and the "cuter" ones should be used for friendly battles or for showcasing "cuteness" the anime's creators seem to be so fond about.

Dude im pretty sure that Infernape, donphan and gliscor are very viable, so are the mega Charizards, but i would love for Ash to catch both goodra, and klefki, since both are very strong.

Dude im pretty sure that Infernape, donphan and gliscor are very viable, so are the mega Charizards, but i would love for Ash to catch both goodra, and klefki, since both are very strong.

Klefki isn't strong. She's sub par at best. Goodra is meh, even in competitive play.

On topic. The only ever pseudo legendary he will ever get is a Garchomp, and that's not gonna be until he actually uses Gible. I really can't see the writers giving I'm anything else. As for his viable mons, Charizard, Sceptile, Donphan, Infernape, Torterra, Swellow, StRaptor, and others are good. He just never uses them.

MattySadler

Not too fussed about pseudo-legendaries to be honest. I'm not as "impressed" by dragons and all that kind of crap as a lot of the Pokemon community appear to be.

In terms of what I think personally would suit Ash, simply:

I think Dratini, Larvitar, Bagon, Gible > Gabite > Garchomp and Deino would suit Ash.
I don't think Dragonair > Dragonite, Pupitar > Larvitar, Shelgon > Salamence, Beldum > Metang > Metagross and Zweilous > Hydreigon would, but that is just my opinion.

I'll wait before I make a decision on the Goodra line, though I'm not particularly impressed by them.

I have no qualms with the Pokemon Ash currently tends to get, just would be nice to see them more developed, perhaps a few evolutions thrown in here and there, though I don't think everything should evolve all the way in every case.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
He has Gible ;)
I always wanted him to get a Tyranitar as well

pokefandt

Hell Ash has some pokemon that are really great in the Metagame.

Infernape, Staraptor, Krookodile, Leavanny, Staraptor, Gliscor, Charizard, Heracross, Donphan, Sceptile, etc are really awesome pokemon ingame. Hell even some of the pokemon that are "low tiered" according to Smogon that Ash has can be deadly if used correctly.

Sprinter1988

Hello serebii. After 15+ years of being a show, Ash really needs some legitimatly viable team members, instead of some small juvenile mons. We get it 4Kids/Game Freak/whoever's is charge of this show, Pokemon can be very cute and adorable, you've had that same schtick for years! But now, it's time for a change. Ash needs some truly powerful team members in order to be "the very best like no one ever was." The six Pokemon described below are what I believe best fit Ash.

I will be honest and admit that most pseudo-legendaries could suit Ash. Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence and Garchomp could all fit into Ash's collection, but to me, Hydreigon and Goodra don't really suit him. I could see him with a Haxorus though. And since Iris already has a Dragonite, I don't think that Ash should get one now.

I don't think that Bisharp particularly suits Ash, but Golurk could work - Golett certainly would.

I don't think that Slaking would work for Ash, but its pre-evolution, Vigoroth would make a great addition to his team.

As for your other suggestions, I don't think that Conkeldurr, Scizor, Machamp or Dusknoir particularly work for Ash, though Metagross could.

I think that most of Ash's fully evolved pokemon, such as Charizard, Snorlax, Heracross, Donphan, Sceptile, Glalie, Swellow, Staraptor, Gliscor, Torterra, Infernape and Krookodile already serve as powerhouses. The real problem is with how many never evolve. Some, such as Bulbasaur, Buizel, Quilava and Palpitoad are reasonably strong as they are, but others like Oshawott, Gible, Totodile and Bayleef could really benefit from evolving.

Pokémon that I think Ash could really do with obtaining are the likes of Luxray, Mightyena, Houndoom, Gallade, Sandslash, Nidoking, Reuniclus, Chandelure, Gengar, Drifblim and maybe Hitmontop, Armaldo, Aerodactyl, Rampardos, Jolteon, Espeon and Slowking.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Ash needs to evolve more pokemon, that would be a good start. it is ridiculous that Bulbasaur, Buizel and so many others have never evolved. I don't think a pseudo legendary would help, but a powerful pokemon would be good. I would like him to use some 'viable' competitive pokemon, but the anime does make all pokemon seem viable.

Ash needs to evolve more pokemon, that would be a good start. it is ridiculous that Bulbasaur, Buizel and so many others have never evolved. I don't think a pseudo legendary would help, but a powerful pokemon would be good. I would like him to use some 'viable' competitive pokemon, but the anime does make all pokemon seem viable.

Bulbasaur will never evolve. He specifically stopped himself from evolving in the first season.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Bulbasaur is a powerhouse and has reiterated its desire not to evolve (even resisting it). Buizel is an adept battler and it really doesn't need to evolve (not to mention Floatzel's design is atrocious).
There a certain Pokemon of Ash that should not evolve and don't really need to. On the other hand guys like Scraggy and Gible should evolve.

Ruas

Ash would probably never get a pseudo-legendary in his team, at least not a fully evolved one. Usually they are the signature pokemon of champions, except for Salamence belonging to an Elite 4 member, which is close enough and a Hydreigon belonging to Ghetsis. Of course, I'm talking more from the game's perspective rather than the anime. But nevertheless, I think they're too powerful & would make Ash's journey too easy. The anime would want him to have more mediocre pokemons, so that Ash struggles a bit & it also helps in highlighting the friendship theme. There would less focus on power that way. To some extent, small "cute" mons that can work as a team & defeat the obvious strong looking foes appeals more, so they would stick to that.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
He beats pseudo-legendaries and the occasional legendary with this normal Pokemon anyway so he doesn't need one. Besides, if he does get one, there will be the expectation that it should wreck everything in its path.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I consider Sceptile and peak Pikachu on par with pseudo legendaries and Charizard on par with lesser legendaries so a pseudo legendary wouldn't suddenly become Ash's strongest. Besides he has Gible who I'm hoping fully evolves into Garchomp

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Isn't the term pseudo-lengedary used for pokemon with a base stat of 600?

If so it wouldn't realy matter if Ash got one as stats don't realy exist in the Anime & strength is mostly desided by the appearance, lore, and popularity a pokemon has.

+ in all honesty with anime rules as the base (and there for the feats of strength displayed for our enjoyment) Ash has had plenty of strong pokemon.

AwesomeGrovyle

Local Cryptid
They could always do what they did with Aipom and have him bring Gible with him for the next region. I think that if it got enough support, we'd actually see that.

Did we see some people like Brock come back and travel with Ash in Black and White to current times even though a lot of us liked Brock? No, we didn't. He just appeared in that one side episode that didn't air in the United States just in Japan I believe. Plus, I think the only reason Aipom came back back because it got an evolution.

pokemasterz

King of The Pirates
He has some pseudo-legends like Gliscor (who is my favorite pokemon) or Donphan.

Status
Not open for further replies.