• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Pokemon [Lucario vs Charizard]

Charizard vs Lucario

• Charizard

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Lucario

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It all comes down to if Ash Charizard is stronger than Cynthia's Garchomp which I believe it's not.

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
Charizard, yes I know Lucario has Mega evolutions and trains with a top, but Ash's Charzard is the one who always wanted to be the best, a pokemon legend. Not Alain's Charizard, not Leon's Charizard or Kiawe's, Ash's is the only character. So vote for him

Charizard miss you love you

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Lucario's steel beam barely did damage on Articuno while Zard's dragon breath knocked it down. If a flamethrower from dragapult was enough to defeat Lucario imagine how a flamethrower from Charizard would've done

Pokeshipper_

Charizard, since it has more experience in battle.

Lucario is just a bad fanservice with no experience in battle. Pikachu and Gengar surpassed him in term of aces during Journeys. So Lucario is the worst one.

And it's not close.

AJ97

Lmao.. It's hilarious people are comparing Charizard to Lucario.

Ash's reserves don't even come a fraction close to Ash's Journey's team's feats. The only exception here is AG based on its performance against Lucario.

Furthermore, Ash's battle against Misty further established that Ash's reserves have not been given any Champion tier boosts to be on par with his PWC team.

Nostalgia is a beautiful thing. We all love Charizard and funny enough, I do too and Charizard also happens to be my most favorite Pokemon.

That doesn't change the fact that Ash's Lucario would absolutely eviscerate his Charizard.

AJ97

What if Misty is champion level now? That’s another potential explanation for Corphish being defeated.
That's just Reductio ad Absurdum.

There is nothing in the series that remotely suggests Misty should be "Champion Level" Then are we also gonna call Team Rocket champion level cause their Pokemon held their own against Ash's reserves? And even the Pokemon Hunter from the last episode?

The whole point is based on a crazy assumption that Misty is Master Class tier and Champion Level. Essential among the top 8 strongest trainers in the world. Do you realize how absurd that is?

AJ97

Are you sure that if the writers were forced to do a 1 vs 1 between Charizard and Lucario, Lucario would "eviscerate" Charizard?
The writers wouldn't write a battle like this because it makes no sense.

If we're going by the notion that writers can write any Pokemon to be whatever level strong, then what's even the point of ranking any Pokemon in terms of strength? Ash could pretty much catch a Zigzagoon tomorrow and the writers can write it to be stronger than Pikachu and Leon's Charizard.

Going with the Plot narrative argument is just silly because it defeats the whole purpose of any of these discussions. Yes, plot dictates a pokemon's strength.

However, if we are looking at it objectively through actual feats alone, then yes, Ash's Lucario would absolutely eviscerate his Charizard.

The writers wouldn't write a battle like this because it makes no sense.

If we're going by the notion that writers can write any Pokemon to be whatever level strong, then what's even the point of rating any Pokemon? Ash could pretty much catch a Zigzagoon tomorrow and the writers can write it to be stronger than Pikachu and Leon's Charizard.

Going with the Plot narrative argument is just silly because it defeats the whole purpose of any of these discussions. Yes, plot dictates a pokemon's strength.

However, if we are looking at it objectively through actual feats alone, then yes, Ash's Lucario would absolutely eviscerate his Charizard.
Although I think it's exaggerated, I can see Mega Lucario winning ,on the other hand I wouldn't be so sure about Base Lucario vs Base Charizard, sure, defeating Gigantamax Duralodon is a great achievement but it's It's only possible if they let Lucario charge up all that energy, and Charizard did well against Articuno. Maybe Charizard is at level E4

Ash becoming champion level in a short amount of time with little to no on screen training to show for it,Iris becoming Champion in a short amount of time,Paul (Still Frontier Brain level allegedly) battling Ash (Champion level) on equal footing and defeating one of Ash's pokemon (Dragonite) and Misty defeating Ash's Corphish just proves the overall powerscaling in JN is bullsh*t.

So I'm not gonna make a big fuss if someone thinks most of Ash's old aces are still among Ash's strongest or if someone thinks Ash's Journeys team is several tiers above all of Ash's older pokemon because I've been on both sides.
That's because JN is absolute bs, the writers will do what they want with the power levels I'm sure in their heads even lycanrock is stronger than Sirfetch but they surely they were forced to use new creatures because GALAR. But whatever, I'm just rambling...