• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash seems like an idiot to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Battousai

I rarely ever watch the anime, heck the only thing I do related to pokemon is play the games and EV train, but I decided to watch it today and after watching the anime I had a flashback of how stupid Ash was and is

He never fully evolved his johto starters

He kept his pikachu, one of the worst pokemon ever, and yet he lets his best pokemon like Charizard free

He never fully evolved grovyle or corphish, even after partcipating in the battle frontier (I read the plot synopsis). The only way I would let him get away with not evolving is if pokemon grow by love which would be really homosexual.

He rarely ever wins in gym battles (Probably the easiest aspect of the games) and is given most of the badges out of pity

He never dated May

He gave the larvitar back to it's parent instead of training it to strenthen his team

I could go on, but you get the point

Anyone else agree with me that Ash is a idiot

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Wow another Ash bashing thread. It must be that time of the month.

The Battousai said:

So what? It's not like he uses them anymore to begin with.

He kept his pikachu, one of the worst pokemon ever, and yet he lets his best pokemon like Charizard free

Pikachu is easily one of his strongest Pokemon. Charizard is still Ash's Pokemon. Apparently you're not aware that Ash can call Charizard over anytime he wants, and has done so 4 different times in the series already.

He never fully evolved grovyle or corphish, even after partcipating in the battle frontier (I read the plot synopsis).

Grovyle [SPOIL] does evolve later on. [/SPOIL] As for Corphish, who really cares?

The only way I would let him get away with not evolving is if pokemon grow by love which would be really homosexual.

Wow a homophobic comment? I'm surprised you're not banned yet.

He rarely ever wins in gym battles (Probably the easiest aspect of the games) and is given most of the badges out of pity

You are an fool. Apparently you haven't watched Pokemon since the 1st season. Ash NEVER gets pity badges anymore. And Ash won EVERY Gym battle in Johto and Hoenn the first time aside from Whitney/Brawly.

He never dated May

Well we all want to knock up May, but that'll take some time.

He gave the larvitar back to it's parent instead of training it to strenthen his team

That's the only point he took it with him in the first place.

No. The only idiot here is you, as you have no idea what you're talking about.

T

The Battousai

Pikachu is easily one of his strongest Pokemon. Charizard is still Ash's Pokemon. Apparently you're not aware that Ash can call Charizard over anytime he wants, and has done so 4 different times in the series already.

LMAO are you serious, pikachu's base stats are pathetic and would be scrap metal in the game, that's why the show makes up crap like "aim for the horn". You try using a pikachu to beat a rhydon and let's see what happens.

Grovyle does evolve later on. As for Corphish, who really cares?

Well maybe he does because I haven't really been paying attention to the plot synopsis recently but it shouldn't have took him this long to train grovyle to lvl. 36 much less beat the elite four with it. I agree with you with the corphish comment but why keep it on his team if he won't train it to it's full potential.

You are an fool. Apparently you haven't watched Pokemon since the 1st season. Ash NEVER gets pity badges anymore. And Ash won EVERY Gym battle in Johto and Hoenn the first time aside from Whitney/Brawly.

He would never get any further if he wasn't able to defeat ALL of the gym leaders by himself. I also wonder why you said
Ash won EVERY Gym battle
if he was chewed up and spit out by Whitney and Brawly, some of the easiest gym leaders ever.

Well we all want to knock up May, but that'll take some time.

Well, not really, maybe if she was real but Ash has a pretty good chance with her and you know it. Remember that Ash and May double battle episode (the last episode I watched before the snorunt one today).

No. The only idiot here is you, as you have no idea what you're talking about.

Right I'm an idiot because I have an IQ of 136 and a normal acedemics average average of 96 (despite the 92 I got multiple times). Maybe I'm smart enough to see the terrible trainer Ash is and not blindly follow him.

Chris

Old Coot
The Battousai said:
Note like he had the power to do so in the first place. Evolution is a NATURAL STEP that cannot be triggered by either human or Pokémon when it's the natural cause. Evolution isn't an action you can do like in the games.

The Battousai said:
Worst? Hm. Judging by his wins, Pikachu sure doesn't seem to be the worst to me. And he DIDN'T let Lizardon free. It's in training. The anime equivalent of the daycare in the games. e_e

The Battousai said:
He never fully evolved grovyle or corphish, even after partcipating in the battle frontier (I read the plot synopsis). The only way I would let him get away with not evolving is if pokemon grow by love which would be really homosexual.
Uh, the Battle Frontier isn't even over yet. Pokémon growing by love would be gay? ...You're an idiot. Plain and simple. Apparently the fact that Pokémon aren't brainless, fighting machines to you seems to slip your mind. So with that logic, having that kind of attitude towards a pet makes you gay. Right.

The Battousai said:
Way to skip all of Jouto and Houen.

The Battousai said:
He never dated May
Why would he date a 10 year old? Personal dreams and goals are more important than dating.

The Battousai said:
Which seems better? Returning a Pokémon to it's parent that has been searching for it, or running away from a raging mother Bangirasu that will Hyper Beam you to death for not returning the child and the Pokémon's trust and loyalty in you dropping to 0 Respect? It was just a baby, anyways. It didn't appear to have much interest in battling, either.

The Battousai said:
I could go on, but you get the point
You can't go on because all of your logic is faulty and you haven't even seen any of the recent stuff.

The Battousai said:
I'd say we all agree that YOU are the idiot.

The Battousai said:
LMAO are you serious, pikachu's base stats are pathetic and would be scrap metal in the game, that's why the show makes up crap like "aim for the horn". You try using a pikachu to beat a rhydon and let's see what happens.
Hello. This is the anime. NOT the damn video games. Stats don't apply to a realistic fantasy world. :)

The Battousai said:
Well maybe he does because I haven't really been paying attention to the plot synopsis recently but it shouldn't have took him this long to train grovyle to lvl. 36 much less beat the elite four with it. I agree with you with the corphish comment but why keep it on his team if he won't train it to it's full potential.
Levels don't exist in the anime world. This isn't an RPG anime.

The Battousai said:
He would never get any further if he wasn't able to defeat ALL of the gym leaders by himself. I also wonder why you said
Since when did he have any help?

The Battousai said:
if he was chewed up and spit out by Whitney and Brawly, some of the easiest gym leaders ever.
Again. Game logic does not apply with the anime.

The Battousai said:
Well, not really, maybe if she was real but Ash has a pretty good chance with her and you know it. Remember that Ash and May double battle episode (the last episode I watched before the snorunt one today).
Because we all know double battling with a friend = romance. Right.

The Battousai said:
Right I'm an idiot because I have an IQ of 136 and a normal acedemics average average of 96 (despite the 92 I got multiple times). Maybe I'm smart enough to see the terrible trainer Ash is and not blindly follow him.
You're an idiot for applying game logic to the anime, which doesn't follow game logic.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The Battousai said:

Good this isn't the game. Maybe if you had some form of intelligence you'd realize that.

He would never get any further if he wasn't able to defeat ALL of the gym leaders by himself. I also wonder why you said if he was chewed up and spit out by Whitney and Brawly, some of the easiest gym leaders ever.

Hello? I said he won every Gym battle the first time ASIDE from Whitney/Brawly. They weren't easy compared to the team he had at the time.

No, you're just a fool who thinks that the show has to follow the turned based strategy of the games, despite the fact that in the show its real time battling.

He's not a terrible trainer by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
pikachu's base stats are pathetic and would be scrap metal in the game, that's why the show makes up crap like "aim for the horn". You try using a pikachu to beat a rhydon and let's see what happens.
what are you a game junkie? You should know the anime and games dont equate. Also the anime in some cases are more realistic than the games. Pikachu is his best pokemon whether you admit it or not.
Levels dont mean jack in the anime. The pokemon pretty much evolve whenever. Also Bulbasaur never evolved but, he is definitly not weak.
actually whitney's miltank was kinda hard with its roll out. Also it's a thing called strategy. Whitney tricked Ash into wasting energy against clefairy who pretty much let ash take down with hardly any effort so that Miltank could clober the pokemon. Anyway also Ash had fairly new pokemon with him so it was harder for him to defeat them. Again levels dont mean jack.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Um... wouldn't she have made Clefairy battle all of Ash's Pokémon then? What happened is that her Miltank was too strong for Cyndaquil or Totodile - and since Rollout apparently raises defense, Pikachu had lost any advantages it could get.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Ash is idiotic, but not in the horrible trainer sense. Hes totally thick, and thats done on purpose for comedic value. The boy not always be clever but he can at least beat people on the show

PDL

disenchanted
intergalactic platypus said:
Hes totally thick, and thats done on purpose for comedic value. The boy not always be clever but he can at least beat people on the show

you just described every shouen hero from every anime and manga ever, they all act like that.

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
Ash can be an idiot sometimes, but it's mostly for comic relief (Remember the Swablu episode where he gets so excited, he thinks he can fly?) or when he's in desperate need for character development. That's why he lost the match with Brawly; he was too cocky, which the writers fixed later on. The reasons The Battousai listed are just stupid.

He's an idiot because he didn't date May? Because he didn't keep a Larvitar that never belonged to him in the first place? Because he literally didn't force his Pokemon to evolve and are happy with the way they are?

Please.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Another one of these?

Ash isn't an idiot (at least 70% of the time he's not an idiot). In fact, he's gotten quite smart in his battling since Johto. You'd have a better arguement that he went flat than him being an idiot.

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Battousai said:
I couldn't help but notice this.
So you got 92 multiple times but suddenly got 136, so that must be the right score 8D
But fine, if we shall go by IQ, then my IQ is 140, I think Ash pwnz you, so you lose.

Anyway. I can't decide what you should think of Ash or not, but like others here have proven, your so called reasons to think Ash is an idiot are invalid.
And for the love of whatever, watch the goddamn anime before making such assumptions. You're judging a character you haven't followed throughout the entire show! How the heck can you think that you're able to know a character from a few episodeS?

And don't use your "amazing" IQ because even a person with an IQ on 200 wouldn't know crap if they don't take the time to learn e_e

Jason Park

The Steel Master
Ha ha ha... This is funny.

Ash definitely isn't stupid. He wasn't very smart in the beginning, but he certainly grew throughout the show. Ash is brilliant when it comes to battle, using environment as part of his strategy.

It's funny how you think the anime is like game. Pikachu defeated Brock's Onyx with its electric attack. That's not possible in the game. By then, you should have realized the difference between game and anime.

By the way, Pikachu is easily Ash's one of strongest Pokemon.

Please grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.