• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash taught May. Dawn taught Ash. Who will teach who when iris comes around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemonmaster Bill

Agnet of Umbrella
so today i realized that Ash taught May when she started out. In which Brock told Ash or Drew that May copied Ash's style of battling. now Dawn taught Ash the counter shield while battling. now that we are get close to the new girl iris who will teach who this time around in the new region.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Dawn also taught Ash the Spin and Ice Aqua Jet.

I agree that Ash really did help May out a lot but I don't really think Dawn taught Ash that much, I mean she might have helped him with a few things, but I've always considered Dawn and Ash to be sort of..equal.
I think Misty's the one who taught Ash a lot, because he was just starting out.

Araleon

Chill
I'm kind of hoping Iris will be doing Gym battles since Dento, based on evidence form the games apparently, will be doing Musicals. So... In that case, it would be Ash teaching Iris the ropes of Gyms.

Then, in my head, N will be Ash's main rival, with White as a side rival, and at some point in the League (which, again, in my world, will be filled with good matches. Three six on six battles, please? That Ash wins... Then in the finals, he'll lose against some dude. Maybe Black? Or maybe White... Even if he would only win two six-sixes.) he will have a full battle gainst Iris. It would be good because they'sd know each other's strategies and it would be epic.

Final battle: Kibago final evo vs Mijumaru final evo?

cazatron

i guess it all depends on how experienced the new guys are at things.
also i missed the some of may's first contests, but i noticed that dawn was totally built for the appeal rounds whereas since may learned to battle from ash, thats why she's better at battling... i'm not sure if this even makes sense but it's been so long since i've been able to talk about may...i LOVE May<3

I like the idea of Iris being too cocky and thinking that she can do everything on her own.
That way, Ash will have to help her out and sort of force her to realize that she can't do everything on her own and he could help her out.
Maybe it could be sort of funny? Just an idea...

could it be Iris teaching Ash about triple battle [since he only knows single and double battle]

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, really Dawn and Ash both tought each other a few tricks. Ash was kind of like a mentor to both. I was kind of hopping Ash and Iris would have a bit of a different relationship, not a mentor type but on the same grounds if that makes sense.

Well, really Dawn and Ash both tought each other a few tricks. Ash was kind of like a mentor to both. I was kind of hopping Ash and Iris would have a bit of a different relationship, not a mentor type but on the same grounds if that makes sense.

I get what you mean, but I've always thought Dawn and Ash were sort of equal, but sometimes I guess he seemed to be more of a mentor to her.
I wouldn't mind if Ash was sort of a mentor to Iris too, as long as it's not exactly like it was with May or Dawn.
But it would be nice if they did something different too :)

dawn hater

Ash was a mentor to Dawn just as he was to May. You can say the big things like Counter Shield but then Ash also taught her to throw Pokeball, weaken it before catching, etc. noob things. Then there was the energy ball consumption also. And Dawn just had the Ice Aqua Jet idea. Ash was the one who perfected it. In a way Dawn didn't taught him, it came natural to Ash(since he didn't know how will it work cause Dawn failed many times). It means that he visualized Dawn's idea and just executed it.
Coming next gen, I hope there is no Senpai-Kohai stuff anymore. It has been on the show since the start and is getting boring.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
As we know, Iris goal is not understand yet. So she might already know what she needs to know. without a starter Pokemon, then you should know that she knows some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.