• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash: The Flying type pokemaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Basically what is team is turning into. Besides Pikachu, and Frogadier, he has 3 flying types. Yes the have different sub typings.

Getting rid of Goodra was a mistake,

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

pokemaster95

King of pirates
No that's to discuss the next pokemon Ash is going to get.

This is to discuss the problems that people have with his current team.

Red and Blue

I don't have an issue with the type overlap since each of the three have different unique types(Fire, Fighting, and Dragon).

Plus, as others have pointed out, Flying types is one of his best and most used types.

phanpycross

God-king
I guess just being happy with what we got would be the best thing, but I would be lying if I wouldnt rather have Ash catch some diffrent types rather than triple up on flying; something like tyrunt or klefki would have been way more interesting IMO.

In general Ash's XY team just kinda bores me in all honesty.

diakyu

Hawlucha is a flying type in classification alone and we all know that. All of its moves are fighting. Fletchinder is being treated as both a flying type and fire type. Also note that Fletchinder is more of physical fighter. Noibat, well we don't know much about him so far but like Fletchinder I'm certain his dragon typing will play a big part. I'm also thinking Noibat will deal with more long-range attacks as a foil to Fletchinder's way of getting up close and personal. Also all Goodra did was basically sit still every battle, it got old by the gym battle.

Take a look at Ash's team, is it really the flying type that sticks out? Not the fact that this is shaping up to be an excellent team for Ash because of its speed?

Last edited:

nickdt

Basically what is team is turning into. Besides Pikachu, and Frogadier, he has 3 flying types. Yes the have different sub typings.

Getting rid of Goodra was a mistake,

Getting rid of Goodra was no mistake. Replacing Goodra with another Dragon type (Noibat, Tyrunt, Skrelp) was the mistake. They had to give him Honedge/Phantump instead, i could even live with the Skiddo.

ShadowForce720

Getting rid of Goodra was no mistake. Replacing Goodra with another Dragon type (Noibat, Tyrunt, Skrelp) was the mistake. They had to give him Honedge/Phantump instead, i could even live with the Skiddo.

I don't see how replacing Goodra with another Dragon type is a mistake going by that logic that would mean you think Gible is a mistake since it replace Gliscor and there both Ground types.
All the pokemon you just mention are very different from each other. Goodra was a Tank and would take hits and deal them back with a lot more force while Noibat, Tyrunt, and Skrelp would have different fighting styles. Also I can assure you that if Skiddo had taken Goodra's spot the poor little goat would be bashed like there no tomorrow.

No matter whole you look at it the only thing that Noibat, Tyrunt, Skrelp, and Goodra has in common is there Dragon typing although Skrelp is a Poison/Water type and only becomes part Dragon type once it evolves into a Dragagle. All of them other then the Dragon typing are completely different from one another not only in there Battle style but all of the except for Goodra are duel types with Tyrunt being a Rock/Dragon type, Noibat being a Flying/Dragon type, and Dragagle being a Poison/Dragon type.

Last edited:

nickdt

I don't see how replacing Goodra with another Dragon type is a mistake going by that logic that would mean you think Gible is a mistake since it replace Gliscor and there both Ground types.
All the pokemon you just mention are very different from each other. Goodra was a Tank and would take hits and deal them back with a lot more force while Noibat, Tyrunt, and Skrelp would have different fighting styles. Also I can assure you that if Skiddo had taken Goodra's spot the poor little goat would be bashed like there no tomorrow.

Because the new Dragon type will always be compared with Goodra and raises a lot of what if questions. Other types would have this as well, but to a lesser extent, because they are different typings.

ShadowForce720

Because the new Dragon type will always be compared with Goodra and raises a lot of what if questions. Other types would have this as well, but to a lesser extent, because they are different typings.

No actually no matter what type the pokemon took Goodra's place is it would be compared to Goodra. Also Tyrunt, and Skrelp would actually receive less flak and Noibat while it has received some flak it's more focus on that it's Ash's 3rd flying type being the reason why it is receiving flak. Now if you look at what would happen if a Skiddo had filled the spot it would be bashed like no tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
First: this thread is stupid.

Second, yes, he's going to have three flying types, but it's not like all three have the same characteristics. Hawlucha is treated more as a fighting type and it can't even fly, it justs glides. Fletchinder has Fire traits that set it appart from Noibat and Hawlucha. Noibat looks like a baby dragon that needs some care to develop and reach its potential. We just had that with Goomy, but the point is that they're massively different

Third, once again, this is stupid and nothing that couldn't be discussed at the Next Pokemon thread.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Wanna know something funny? Mono Flying teams are among the best ones due to the fact that they have all kinds of type combinations and manage to cover their weaknesses nicely. Fletchinder/Hawlucha/Noibat all manage to cover their weaknesses, with each member being neutral to a type that is supereffective against the other two. So, despite sharing the Flying-type, they still are quite balanced.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Noibat doesn't deserve shade just because of Goodra's departure though. His time has passed and I'm ready to move on.

nuzamaki90

People are blowing this way out of proportion. There is nothing wrong with having three Flying-types, especially if those three act entirely different and their secondary types are all different.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
We dont even know anything about noibat, but it's cool how butthurt people are about goodra that people would rather have a sh*tty Gligar ripoff.

But why criticize Noibat if it hasn't even debuted yet and shown how it truly is? I'd rather wait to see how it will develop before calling him Gliscor Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.