1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash Versus the Champion (713)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Oct 13, 2011.

1. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

I don't get it either but at least we did learn a few things about Trip here even if he wasn't the main star of the episode.

2. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

It was nice seeing Trip again as well as his badge progress hee hee. Alder falling asleep when he battled Ash was so funny, plus his Bouffalant was silly too. Gigalith having a nail stuck in its foot was strange. ^^;

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

Adeku's personality was so similar to Satoshi's that I almost believed in the fan theories about him being Satoshi's father. Adeku owning a Buffron was all good, but why didn't he own an Ulgamoth? In Black/White, Ulgamoth was his ace Pokemon if memory serves, so its absence here was one thing that bothered me.

4. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Am I the only one thinking that Alder's flirting with Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny seemed a bit Brockish? Trip's whole drama with Alder was angsty and his little speech is a good hint at what is to come in the future. ;)

5. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

Would have been good for Ash and Alder to start competitive eating with each other, that's another of Ash's traits that seems to have been forgotten in this episode.

6. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Well I kind of just assumed that perhaps the show's writing staff thought that it was still too soon to debut Volcarona. I would've liked to see Alder use one here, although Bouffalant being his main pokemon in place of Volcarona was still okay with me.

7. Shayuin

Shayuin Banned

When Alder showed up, he was so much like Ash that for a split second I was thinking that he might be Ash's dad. It would've been awesome if he was.

8. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

While I found the disagreement between Shooti's ideals and Adeku's amusing, I did feel bad for Shooti since his big idol seemed slightly bizarre, and Satoshi got more attention than Shooti did.

9. I have to agree with Iris at the beginning of the episode Ash was acting like a hyper active kid. Alder reminded me of Brock with his flirting with Nurse Joy and Officer Joy. Him falling asleep during the battle was funny, as was Bouffalant attacking him. Though I can see why Trip got mad and lost respect for him.

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

Him having such a rude awakening was kind of ironic to me, because he had been judgmental of Satoshi's behavior, yet now his hero was acting even sillier than Satoshi.

11. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Alder is practically a grown up ash with brock's flirting personality, i think this is what ash will look if the writers ever decide to make ash an adult.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I doubt that since Satoshi never flirts with girls, so it's hard to imagine him becoming like Adeku even when he gets older. That'd be a total 180 and I don't think Satoshi being lecherous would be a good look for him.