• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Versus the Champion (713)

SmartD

It's a good episode. It had a lot of funny parts like Alder calling Trip Tristan and Ash Ashton and Alder hitting on Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny.

Alder flurting with girls, falling asleep, getting ash and trip's names wrong ... and people call him the champion.

Poision and steel? wow! 2 of the 3 types that unova does not have a specail trainer of.

[IMG200]http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc323/bladewhirl4/800px-Ash_Current_Unova_Badges.png[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc323/bladewhirl4/Trip_Unova_Badges.png[/IMG200]

I don't understand why Trip's badges look different (Insect, Bolt and Quake badges). Does anybody know why?

anime only badges, those are from three gym leaders besides the 8 in the games. But what towns did trip get them from? and what could be the names for the gym leaders for those gyms?

Last edited by a moderator:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I think that's cool that he got differen badges. It's kind of what Gary had too when he was in Kanto. I'm glad they're mixing it up.

I liked the names Tristan and Ashton that he gave them. Oh Alder you quack! You make me laugh so much!

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I think that's cool that he got differen badges. It's kind of what Gary had too when he was in Kanto. I'm glad they're mixing it up.

I liked the names Tristan and Ashton that he gave them. Oh Alder you quack! You make me laugh so much!

It's fitting.

In the original, he calls them Shootaro(Shooti) and Santaro(Satoshi).

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode, though Alder can get silly sometimes. Nice to see Ash, Irsi, and Cilan knowing what to fully pursue when asked by Alder.

G50

No longer posting
Ashton and Triston..... odd choices for the dub...

I actually think they are better than the close choices for the original.

Swagga09

Did anyone notice how Alder has 6 pokeballs around his neck but he still pulls pokeballs from his pocket?

Am I the only one thinking that Alder's flirting with Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny seemed a bit Brockish? Also I suspect that Alder calling Trip Triston was possibly a shout out to Yu-Gi-Oh. Funny though, I honestly though Ash's name was supposed to be short for Ashton, I guess not.

Haunter ゴースト

Alder is brilliant, he's funny and his last message on Pokemon and people working together as one was fitting, i'd have like to have seen Ash help out and show how he is a more caring trainer in this episode just so he could relate to Alder, but it was still good.

Janovy

Banned
Yes, Trip only wants to get stronger but sooner or later he'll have to realize that being strong isn't enough, just like Alder meant.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I rather enjoyed this episode despite the weirdness I saw in Alder. I also did like the voice Gigalith on account that I felt it actually suited him.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I like how Alder was portrayed in the anime. When he smacked his Buffoulant's backside like that I just broke out in laughter! Also I like how he asked Ash and co. what they plan to do AFTER they become masters it was no suprise that they couldn't answer it. And finally I LOVED it when he mentioned the bond between people and Pokemon (though he didn't mention going BEYOND) That being said this was a great filler! I was waiting so long for someone to finally ask Ash what he planned to do AFTER he became a master! Also judging by Alders philosophy he may just be a Pokephile... Like me! Heh! Heh!

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Well, the main character of this episode was Alder. Alder is certainly optimistic, never sees the bad side of anything. Even after waking up during the battle (which made me laugh :p), he didn't worry at all, just casually getting on with it. Even though it did end up in a Head Charge to himself, after the battle everything was fine again and the smile was never absent from Alder. This continued throughout the episode and as a final note on Alder, to me he reminded me a lot of Ash's personality. What do you guys think?

Some other things to note is that I think Trip is starting to convince himself that Alder is not what he thought he was. Everytime something doesn't goes Trip's way he thinks back to Alder and he is quickly turning into an enemy of Trip's.

Anyway, enjoyed this episode very much, off to Driftveil City!

G50

No longer posting
Am I the only one thinking that Alder's flirting with Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny seemed a bit Brockish? Also I suspect that Alder calling Trip Triston was possibly a shout out to Yu-Gi-Oh. Funny though, I honestly though Ash's name was supposed to be short for Ashton, I guess not.

I think the writers felt that this would be the perfect episode to have a Brock-like moment, and Alder was the perfect character for them to do it with.

It's nice to have that on a rare occasion.

Battra

Not a bad episode just felt like they could've done more with Alder. Do we really need him hitting on Jenny & Joy we've had enough of that with Brock & it makes Alder just come off as the stereotypical dirty old man we see in anime. Also did we really need the overused "lion with thorn stuck in it's paw" to end this episode that just felt like a easy out to show Alder as "caring".

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I just watched this episode today and Alder is awsome! He's like an older version of Brock XD. And plus his character seems interesting and more laid back compared to the other champions.