• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Versus the Champion (713)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was nice seeing Trip again as well as his badge progress hee hee. Alder falling asleep when he battled Ash was so funny, plus his Bouffalant was silly too. Gigalith having a nail stuck in its foot was strange. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
Adeku's personality was so similar to Satoshi's that I almost believed in the fan theories about him being Satoshi's father. Adeku owning a Buffron was all good, but why didn't he own an Ulgamoth? In Black/White, Ulgamoth was his ace Pokemon if memory serves, so its absence here was one thing that bothered me.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Am I the only one thinking that Alder's flirting with Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny seemed a bit Brockish? Trip's whole drama with Alder was angsty and his little speech is a good hint at what is to come in the future. ;)

Alloutℯ

Banned
Would have been good for Ash and Alder to start competitive eating with each other, that's another of Ash's traits that seems to have been forgotten in this episode.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Adeku owning a Buffron was all good, but why didn't he own an Ulgamoth? In Black/White, Ulgamoth was his ace Pokemon if memory serves, so its absence here was one thing that bothered me.

Well I kind of just assumed that perhaps the show's writing staff thought that it was still too soon to debut Volcarona. I would've liked to see Alder use one here, although Bouffalant being his main pokemon in place of Volcarona was still okay with me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
While I found the disagreement between Shooti's ideals and Adeku's amusing, I did feel bad for Shooti since his big idol seemed slightly bizarre, and Satoshi got more attention than Shooti did.

I have to agree with Iris at the beginning of the episode Ash was acting like a hyper active kid. Alder reminded me of Brock with his flirting with Nurse Joy and Officer Joy. Him falling asleep during the battle was funny, as was Bouffalant attacking him. Though I can see why Trip got mad and lost respect for him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
Though I can see why Trip got mad and lost respect for him.

Him having such a rude awakening was kind of ironic to me, because he had been judgmental of Satoshi's behavior, yet now his hero was acting even sillier than Satoshi.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Alder is practically a grown up ash with brock's flirting personality, i think this is what ash will look if the writers ever decide to make ash an adult.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ash&charizardfan said:
Alder is practically a grown up ash with brock's flirting personality, i think this is what ash will look if the writers ever decide to make ash an adult.

I doubt that since Satoshi never flirts with girls, so it's hard to imagine him becoming like Adeku even when he gets older. That'd be a total 180 and I don't think Satoshi being lecherous would be a good look for him.

Alder and Ash are so alike with them both wanting people and Pokémon being together except for the flirting part.
If we don't hear the Driftveil City theme at all I will be big sad.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Okay, so just recently watched this episode (as in now) and the whole flashback of Alder saying he would remain Champion until Trip can challenge him in the Champions League makes me wonder did that actually happen and he lost.

The way we meet Alder angering Officer Jenny and begging her to have a lunch date while her clowning him being title "the Unova Champion" makes you wonder why they got rid of his original personality and made him into Brock senior. I guess they thought his original story was too deep? That being said, it's sad he barely got any good attention in the series. I do wonder was it because they gave up once the sequels were announced

Last edited: