• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Visits Kiawe! (954)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ash Visits Kiawe!

As the Pokémon School isn't in session, Ash is practicing his Z-Moves. As he is doing so, he sees Kiawe fly by on a Charizard. Kiawe mentinos that he is helping take care of his family's farm to do a delivery. Ash is intrigued and decides to go visit Kiawe's farm and meet his family. However, trouble soon arises when Team Skull show up...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Holy157

Loved the fact that they actually went to Akala, instead of staying on Melemele.

That Mallow appearance was unexpected.

Kiawe's little sister is too cute. Sadly, chances of her appearing again are low.

Why did Kiawe overreact as his little sister appeared?

Pelipper's voice, oh god.

Ash seemingly overwhelmed by the number of Mudbrays.

The Olivia tease is real.

Wonder if those Grunts will be a common occurence.

You gotta be kidding me. Pikachu vs Turtonator is a thing, but we don't get to see it except Thinderbolt va Flamethrower.

Last edited:
Olivia appeared or was mentioned? Can't wait for the subbed version.

I am glad they went to Akala. We need to know more about other islands soon too.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Kiawe seemed to be facing Olivia atop the volcano so it could be that they replace his trail with the grand trial instead.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yessssss!!!!! Gigavolt Havoc! Ash and Pikachu defeating the villains(Team Skull grunts) just with one use of the Z-move. Ash's battle competence still is as good as XY. Only things I'm not liking are his character design and his idiotic attitude. Replace those with his XY design and his XY maturity and badass attitude and this Ash will be the perfect xD. And I'm serious in saying this after seeing his battle competence so far. Pikachu seems to be on fire in this series! 8/10.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Is this the Pikachu glorification season? He just seems to be unstoppable. Win against Gumshoos+Totem Gumshoos, win against Hala's Hariyama(Breakneck Blitz KO) and now sending a bunch of Team Skull grunts packing with Gigavolt Havoc. This is pretty much Peakachu I'm seeing already. Sadly though, Pikachu vs Turtonator was too short in this episode.

nickdt

Is this the Pikachu glorification season? He just seems to be unstoppable. Win against Gumshoos+Totem Gumshoos, win against Hala's Hariyama(Breakneck Blitz KO) and now sending a bunch of Team Skull grunts packing with Gigavolt Havoc. This is pretty much Peakachu I'm seeing already. Sadly though, Pikachu vs Turtonator was too short in this episode.

Don't forget it was Pikachu in the first half of XY too. His regional team is still to weak and cannot carry Ash through the region just yet.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Regarding the Z Moves on kinda surprised that Gigavolt's big comeback was just used to one shot grunts, idk I expected something more dramatic I guess.

Also I like how Rowlett was tired after using a Z move as opposed to Pikachu, a subtle way of highlighting the skill gap between them

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Don't forget it was Pikachu in the first half of XY too. His regional team is still to weak and cannot carry Ash through the region just yet.

Um, but he has only one capture so far. How can you already say that his regional team is weak?

DatsRight

Weren't you complaining about Pikachu being nerfed due to getting hassled by Mimikyu and Grubbin earlier?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Kiawe seemed to be facing Olivia atop the volcano so it could be that they replace his trail with the grand trial instead.

Friendly reminder that Totem Pokemon are still a thing.

That leaves three separate Totem encounters for Ash even without the Trial Captains.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well for me, Trial Captains don't really have much value though, even if we consider the games.
I mean, all the Trial Captains battles are just side-quest types in the game, which even if you miss won't matter much to the storyline.

Holy157

So, can anyone explain Kiawe's family to me? I got it that he had a younger sister, but were the other two his parents? Cause, they don't look very old. Though I suppose that's not all that surprising, with Lusamine being 40 and looking loke mid-twenty.

Also, did his Charizard belong to his grandfather (????) or was it his from the beginning? Just a thought, since it appeared in the flashback and Turtornator wasn't there, which is his ace/partner.

Remix2

So Olivia is taking kwaie spot, so what are they going to do with the trial captain now?

Anyway other then Olivia this episode is like the Lana episode good but there nothing much of plot progression and I don't think we learn anything new about kwaie.

Also gigavolt still look pretty bad imo(seriously I don't get why they bought back speed lines).

Last edited:

DatsRight

Kiawe's little sister is too cute. Sadly, chances of her appearing again are low.

Why did Kiawe overreact as his little sister appeared?

I'm predicting at least one limelight episode concerning her and Kaiwe's overprotectiveness. It's inevitable, especially after Bonnie.

Not a bad episode (though I'll need subs to fully get all the detail of it). More slice of life this time (in fairness we had a trilogy of battle heavy episodes).

Ash is actually shown practicing the Z Moves. Nice touch there.

Some comical acting from Kaiwe is quite welcome. Seems the 'stoic rivalistic character' persona has taken a backseat a little.

We finally see Skull again (though don't prove much better). Also cute cameo from TR. It's hard to see Bewear not becoming one of the team after this.

Last edited:
Cute ep! Loved getting to see Kiawe's family and learn a little more about him. These background episodes for the classmates have really been my favorites so far. Getting deeper characters this saga has been a real treat! I hope we get to see his family again, especially his little sister. Such a cutie!

I'm also really excited we got a little hint of Olivia. I hope we get to see her in full in the future!

Only things I'm not liking are his character design and his idiotic attitude. Replace those with his XY design and his XY maturity and badass attitude and this Ash will be the perfect xD.

Ugh, no. First of all, "idiotic attitude" doesn't describe Ash at all. He's not doing anything "idiotic." He's back to being a little silly, which is not nearly the same thing as being "idiotic." Please don't describe him that way.

Also, XY's design would look weird with SM. This art style fits SM really nicely. Sorry you don't like it, but XY's art style doesn't work with this series. The smoothness and flow of the current art style and animation matches up with SM's flow and story well.

CelebiAS

Did that Pelipper say yes in human?
Is this the first time we are introduced into religion in Pokemon? I take they were saying thanks for the food at Kaki's house.

Mildly disappointed we only saw Olivia's foot.
That Bewear. what's its status on TR, tell us writers.

Speaking of them, trolling us about Kaki v Ash battle...

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I guess Z-moves are easy to master then. Stock footage is annoying but I guess it'll be the same for all Z-moves. Did like that Rowlet is practicing and also the Pokemon moving their heads to Ash when he's talking. Can we also appreciate Ash's hair blowing in the wind as he's travelling?

Mallow cameo was unexpected but nice to see considering her job. Going to Akala was awesome, shows we're not staying on Melemele. Music is on point.

Kiawe's family is great. Kiawe casually lifting that milk pail was funny as was Ash realising they had many more Mudbray to clean! Ash thoroughly deserved that kick to the face too. To be honest the slapstick was on point IMO.

I'll understand more once a sub version comes out, was quite dialogue heavy. But Olivia's leg was lit.

Team Skull ain't fit to tie Roxie's shoes. Gigavolt Havoc is amazing. Downside was only partly seeing Pikachu and Turtonator battle.

7/10 imo. Good episode, but without understanding it, to me it feels like filler. Might change when it's translated.