• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Visits Kiawe! (954)

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Bewear at the end was super cute.
Nice episode overall as always

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
-The food looks soooo delicious!! Let us pray to the Oriyoni... whoever that is.

Kiawe's mother said oinori, which means "prayer." Basically, she said they needed to pray before they could eat. I believe she said they offer their prayers to Wela Volcano, as thanks for watching over/protecting them. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they pray to the guardian deity Pokémon of Akala Island (which would be Tapu Lele).

satoharupika said:
-Kiawe's grandpa gave him his Z Ring after defeating the Island Queen with Bakugames? Oh yeah and Kiawe's fire dancing skills!! Another outfit for Ash.

If I understood correctly, Kiawe said that his Z-Ring was left behind by his grandfather, and that Olivia gave it to him when he and Turtonator passed her Grand Trial. (He said it was his grandfather's memento.)

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Kiawe's mother said oinori, which means "prayer." Basically, she said they needed to pray before they could eat. I believe she said they offer their prayers to Wela Volcano, as thanks for watching over/protecting them. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they pray to the guardian deity Pokémon of Akala Island (which would be Tapu Lele).p
I would love it if the people born/raised in either island worshipped their island deity. :D

If I understood correctly, Kiawe said that his Z-Ring was left behind by his grandfather, and that Olivia gave it to him when he and Turtonator passed her Grand Trial. (He said it was his grandfather's memento.)
That makes sense. I wonder if his grandfather has long passed away in the current time.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Had Ash not showed some idiotic attitude in the middle of the episode and Pikachu vs Turtonator wasn't that short, I would've given this episode 10/10 instead of 8/10. Rowlet using Breakneck Blitz at the start and Pikachu sending the Team Skull grunts packing with Gigavolt Havoc were really awesome.

riceant

I have a question, why didn't the Normal type Z crystal break this time, after Pikachu and then Rowlet used it? Why did the Electrium Z break last time? What on earth happened so that the crystal won't break?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Had Ash not showed some idiotic attitude in the middle of the episode and Pikachu vs Turtonator wasn't that short, I would've given this episode 10/10 instead of 8/10. Rowlet using Breakneck Blitz at the start and Pikachu sending the Team Skull grunts packing with Gigavolt Havoc were really awesome.

It would have been nice to see the outcome of Pikachu vs. Turtonator. However, this could be foreshadowing an eventual, more official battle between Ash and Kiawe later on. In that case, it's okay with me that they didn't reveal who won that battle. It leaves the audience guessing who is the stronger Trainer.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It would have been nice to see the outcome of Pikachu vs. Turtonator. However, this could be foreshadowing an eventual, more official battle between Ash and Kiawe later on. In that case, it's okay with me that they didn't reveal who won that battle. It leaves the audience guessing who is the stronger Trainer.

If the past is any indication, Kiawe will never properly have a final battle against the main character.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The ending was just troll. They really couldn't fit in room to show a bit more of Ash vs Kiawe? Maybe take out the TR segment.

Team Skull looks really pathetic and needs to step up their "intimidation" factor and stop becoming a punching bag for z-moves.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Team Skull looks really pathetic and needs to step up their "intimidation" factor and stop becoming a punching bag for z-moves.

I agree, Team Skull were kind of pathetic here. But since these were the same grunts from the first episode, I'm going to give their punching bag status a pass this once. I'm holding out hope that the next Team Skull grunts Ash encounters are more threatening, or at least more competent. Perhaps Team Skull will start proving to more intimidating once Plumeria, Gladion, or Guzma show up.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well I really hope that Ash and Kiawe have a battle afterwards and I also hope that it's an exciting one too.
If the past is any indication, Kiawe will never properly have a final battle against the main character.

But why? Sorry, I didn't get that.

Red and Blue

Well I really hope that Ash and Kiawe have a battle afterwards and I also hope that it's an exciting one too.

But why? Sorry, I didn't get that.

I think he means that he will eventually be pushed aside for Ash's main Alolan rival.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think he means that he will eventually be pushed aside for Ash's main Alolan rival.

That's only if Ash has a main Alolan rival. He didn't have any major rival in AG.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
There is a rival for Ash waiting in the shadows. His name is Edgelord Gladion.

It's not anyway confirmed though that Gladion will be Ash's rival in the anime.

Rohanator

Out of Gladion, Hau, and Kiawe, who does everyone hope is the main and strongest rival that Ash will want to beat?
Well Kiawe obviously won't be a rival character since his first battle with Ash was offscreened. Seeing their relationship develop through their battles is essential for rivals.

Gladion depends on how much they want to focus on his relationship with Lillie, and how much he appears outside of plot heavy episodes (since those tend to not have proper 1v1 battling). I guess I could see him be an Alan type of character.

No idea about Hau, Hala has already fulfilled his most important role in the story and Hau wasn't even mentioned. He's probably been dropped tbh.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Out of Gladion, Hau, and Kiawe, who does everyone hope is the main and strongest rival that Ash will want to beat?

Gladion. Hau is too similar to Ash (and I'm thinking he might not be in the anime). Kiawe is a good rival, but I'm not sure he would the best main rival; I see him more as friendly rival material, to be honest.

Gladion, on the other hand, is the complete opposite of Ash. He is edgy, brash (in the rude kind of way), and rather anti-social, whereas Ash is excitable, easygoing, and very sociable. However, Gladion has two important things in common with Ash: his desire to get stronger; and his fondness for his Pokémon (as evidenced by all of his Pokémon in the games being ones that evolve through friendship, and by the fact that he set out on his journey to find a way to help Type: Null). I think his rivalry with Ash could be very interesting.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well Kiawe obviously won't be a rival character since his first battle with Ash was offscreened. Seeing their relationship develop through their battles is essential for rivals.

Gladion depends on how much they want to focus on his relationship with Lillie, and how much he appears outside of plot heavy episodes (since those tend to not have proper 1v1 battling). I guess I could see him be an Alan type of character.

No idea about Hau, Hala has already fulfilled his most important role in the story and Hau wasn't even mentioned. He's probably been dropped tbh.

wow ya I just finished the last 5 minutes of this video as I couldn't last night, and wow as if they skipped their battle... That's a little sad since there were pointless scenes of kids hugging their moms lol. Although I am excited for subs to find out more about how Kiawe got his ring.