• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Visits Kiawe! (954)

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
i really liked the fact that this episode was focused on Kiawe, and that we learned more about him.

Rohanator

But, in a way, isn't that kind of what we're seeing? Right now, Ash and his Pokémon can only use a Z-move once (it's implied it's once per battle, although it could also be once within a certain period of time), and while it no longer seems to exhaust Pikachu, it certainly exhausted Rowlet. One can assume that, as Ash and his Pokémon grow stronger together, not only will it using a Z-move no longer exhaust them, but they will also be able to use a Z-move more than once per battle although the latter would be a split from the games.
No, I mean an actual detailed process. Ash's Pokemon will keep getting stronger via battles and (probably mostly off screen) training like always, that's just a given, it doesn't offer us anything new to see. They'll be ready by the time the next big battle comes along just like with the Hala match.

I mean ultimately the actual battles are what matter the most, if they wanna show fun random stories instead of training cause they feel like it would be boring I'll respect that, the anime's pretty much always been like that outside of like DP, but I do think it's a missed opportunity to at least come up with SOMETHING special for the first succesful Z move, like how Korrina's Lucario and Ash Greninja got arcs for themselves.

Maybe with Pikashunium Z? Guess that remains to be seen.

But, in a way, isn't that kind of what we're seeing? Right now, Ash and his Pokémon can only use a Z-move once (it's implied it's once per battle, although it could also be once within a certain period of time), and while it no longer seems to exhaust Pikachu, it certainly exhausted Rowlet. One can assume that, as Ash and his Pokémon grow stronger together, not only will it using a Z-move no longer exhaust them, but they will also be able to use a Z-move more than once per battle although the latter would be a split from the games.

Ash would be way to overpowered if he could use Z-moves more than once in a battle. Those things are like bringing the apocalypse down onto a Pokemon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash would be way to overpowered if he could use Z-moves more than once in a battle. Those things are like bringing the apocalypse down onto a Pokemon.

Z-moves can be used only once in a battle, I mean, a Pokemon can use it only once. But well, nothing is stopping Ash from having Rowlet use it once, and then have Pikachu use it(in a 2 vs 2 battle).

Last edited:
Z-moves can be used only once in a battle, I mean, a Pokemon can use it only once. But well, nothing is stopping Ash from having Rowlet use it once, and then have Pikachu use it(in a 2 vs 2 battle).

But why would he risk both his Pokemon getting exhausted? And a more important question - why would the writers allow it?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
But why would he risk both his Pokemon getting exhausted?
Well if you see it as a 2 vs 2 battle, being exhausted isn't that much of a risk. If Pikachu and Rowlet manage to finish or weaken their opponents severely, it isn't much of a problem.
And a more important question - why would the writers allow it?
Well, the writers should know that. But technically, it's possible. And as we know, Z-moves=/=Mega Evolution. The anime only allowed a trainer to have one Pokemon with Mega Evolution in their team, while a trainer can have multiple Pokemon with Z-moves in the anime. So, multiple Pokemon using Z-moves in a battle is very much possible.

Janovy

Banned
I believe Ash mentioned during his battle vs Hala that he only has one chance to use the Z-move, meaning that the anime is keeping the 'one Z-move per battle' rule.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I believe Ash mentioned during his battle vs Hala that he only has one chance to use the Z-move, meaning that the anime is keeping the 'one Z-move per battle' rule.

But what if he had two Z-crystals at that point of time? I believe in that case the scenario would've been different.

But what if he had two Z-crystals at that point of time? I believe in that case the scenario would've been different.

He would have to have two Z-rings as well.

But why? He can keep one Z-crystal in his Z-ring and one in his pocket.

But he can only use one Z-crystal at a time. If you're suggesting he switches between the two crystals, wouldn't that be just a little unfair? Honestly, I think they're just going to make him use one per battle and leave it at that.

Rohanator

XY/Z never even brought up the idea of using multiple Mega Evolutions per battle, SM will most likely do the same and just brush the possibility under the rug for the sake of being consistent with the games.

I mean they CAN make up a reason if they want to but in the end we'd all know what the real one is so it's kinda whatever. The most logical assumption is that you indeed can't just slip another Z crystal into the Z ring mid battle and that a crystal needs time to recharge after a single use (considering they can even break from the force).

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I mean they CAN make up a reason if they want to but in the end we'd all know what the real one is so it's kinda whatever. The most logical assumption is that you indeed can't just slip another Z crystal into the Z ring mid battle and that a crystal needs time to recharge after a single use (considering they can even break from the force).
Or maybe it is just against the rules. Spamming Z-moves would be kinda unfair haha.

Kiawe' backstory in this episode was brilliant. Not only did we see that he had to work hard to try and get his Z-ring and crystal, not only did we see that his grandfather used to be the kahuna (unless I'm mistaken), we also got to see something which I didn't realise I wanted until now.

aAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH YOUNG KIAWE IS SO CUUUUUUUTE

Being serious here, I loved how he got some genuine character development in just one episode alone. It really gave his character more depth and gave him more of a reason to do what he does. And I like how he had a story of working hard to finally get his Z-ring, because it showed us that this kind of stuff isn't just handed to you on a silver plate unless you're Ash f**king Ketchum of course.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

These are becoming increasingly delayed. Such is the nature of adulthood.

Pros:

* Z-Move animation

* Pelipper ride

* Team Skull cameo

* Kiawe focus

Cons:

* Team Skull seem to be bigger jobbers than Team Rocket

* Wait...they didn't even show the battle....

Thoughts:

* So basically, Kiawe's goal is another type-master routine. Let's hope he gets better handled with that than previous companions.

Ash becomes a rancher for the day in the SOL series that is Sun&Moon.

3.5/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 8/8/4/4/6/4/7/7.5/8/9
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Dirt could be the best food source ever! Maybe not unlimited but we have lots of that on planet earth. Although there would still be the question of finding high quality dirt. It must have been nostalgic for Ash to see all of the Tauros in a ranch type setting.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Ash (Sarah Natochenny) did not sing the title to the tune of Old MacDonald Had a Farm the way Ash (Veronica Taylor) did during "Let It Snow! Let It Snow!! Let It Snorunt!!!"

This time, she just said it

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ash (Sarah Natochenny) did not sing the title to the tune of Old MacDonald Had a Farm the way Ash (Veronica Taylor) did during "Let It Snow! Let It Snow!! Let It Snorunt!!!"

This time, she just said it

Oh, thank goodness. The title still annoys me.