• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash Visits Kiawe! (954)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Is Hoshi still called Hoshi in the dub?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Mimo...the dub voice...I swear I've heard it before.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
hoshi = mimo
shibu (dad) = rango
amara (mom) = sima

those are actually pretty unique names tbh (at least from what i've heard).

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wonder if those Grunts will be a common occurence.

lol maybe they'll become the new TR

Regarding the Z Moves on kinda surprised that Gigavolt's big comeback was just used to one shot grunts, idk I expected something more dramatic I guess.

Just be happy Team Skull showed up twice.

It took non-TRio TR members 86 episodes to make their second appearance.
Team Magma and Team Aqua both made their second appearances in episode 27.
Team Galactic's second appearance was in episode 60, Team Plasma's in 114, and Team Flare's in 102.

Now Team Skull has already shown up twice in just 11 episodes, so that should be enough reason to be happy of how they're being handled regardless of how dramatic or not the actual fight is

Anyway other then Olivia this episode is like the Lana episode good but there nothing much of plot progression and I don't think we learn anything new about kwaie.

What do you mean? We learned so much about Kiawe. We learned about his whole life and saw his family! We also learned about his backstory about his grandfather, his Z-ring, and his grandfather's Charizard.

Also, what do you mean by no plot progression?

-Ash's first time to Akala Island
-Rowlet's first time using Breakneck Blitz
-Pikachu's first time using Gigavolt Havoc without the Z-crystal breaking.
-Team Skull second appearance

I wouldn't call this a slice-of-life episode. They've been working on introducing the side characters a bit more lately, each in their own episode. We got Lana with her Popplio and the balloons, we got Sophocles in the shopping mall, then we had the episode with Lillie and her egg, then they broke it up a bit for the trials to keep the variety going, and now they went to Kiawe. It wouldn't surprise me if we get an episode dedicated to Mallow very soon.

I hope so! I want an episode at Mallow's family's restaurant! I hope that episode 4 doesn't count as "Mallow's episode" just because she spent the whole episode alone with Ash. Even though that was the case, we really didn't get Mallow focus. What we did get was a little Bounsweet focus but even then not much

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I enjoyed this episode. Kiawe being deadpan about all of Ash's amusing injuries (especially that simple kick to the face from the Mudbray sending him ways away...) was amusing in it itself. And it looks like he's got some severe overprotective tendencies towards his little sister.

Huh. His sister actually sounds like a small child, unlike how grating Bonnie sounded... Her voice actor fits her.

That reminds me. How does Ash even know the Z-Move for Gigavolt Havoc? Hala at least taught him the Normalium Z-Move pose...

And we get to see Olivia's right foot. All in all a good episode.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mimo/Hoshi is miles better a character than Bonnie is. She doesn't sound like a brat at all.
Really though... Sima and Mimo are weird names. I've heard of Rango before at least, but those two don't sound like full names.

And that horse kick, lmao

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That reminds me. How does Ash even know the Z-Move for Gigavolt Havoc? Hala at least taught him the Normalium Z-Move pose...

Tapu Koko taught him back in SM002.

Also, "I hate Z-moves more than anything!"

Bruh, is you asking for trouble?!

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Tapu Koko taught him back in SM002.

Also, "I hate Z-moves more than anything!"

Bruh, is you asking for trouble?!

That quote definitely makes me think that Team Skull is pretty much exactly like they are in the games seeing how they failed the island challenges, which may mean that the entire villain plot could be almost exactly like the games as well.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
First thing's first: man, Mimo (Kiawe's sister) sounds a lot like Chuckie Finster. Though the VA likely didn't intend it, that was one great Christine Cavanaugh impression.

Though I have no problem with SM's art style in general, Charizard looked so derpy in this episode.

All dub music (except for the title card)? All my yes. Major kudos to the Z-Move theme.

Overall, this was a fun episode.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
People,

Don't be like Dogasu and complain about the music change.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Learning about Kiawe's backstory, his relatives, grandfather, and how he got the Z-Ring were great. We also see Olivia, but only her right foot, and in a flashback. I think Kiawe should try to cool it with his overprotective sister, Mimo. Mimo is trying to show she can grow to be a proper sister, but Kiawe is too worried about her.

A nice turn that we go to Akala for an episode, but back to Melemele for another 20 weeks (and full Olivia appearance). This is also one of those episodes where, aside from the obvious opening/ending/credits, not all companions appear. Understandable for this episode, since it is focuses completely on Kiawe, who owns a farm in Akala Island, of which none of the other companions have any business within. Lana, Lillie, and Sophocles didn't appear at all. Mallow only showed up for a second, when making deliveries. Five episodes ago, this happened. Five episodes later, it will happen again.

Team Skull, if you don't like Z-Moves, then stay away from Kiawe and Ash. Let that Gigavolt Havoc teach you a lesson!

matt0044

People,

Don't be like Dogasu and complain about the music change.

Well, in my opinion, changing the music itself isn't always an issue. Really, it's the replacement itself that gets people goat. It can feel too... slapped together at the last minute and the way they score it feels rushed.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I have to admit that the VAs for Kiawe's family all sound great. Even though they all feel a bit white-washed, they match the original VAs pretty well and work off greatly with the characters' personalities, though it will be a little difficult calling Hoshi Mimo now :p

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Nebbygetinthebag

This episode is good I really like Kiawe and his family English voice mimo sounds like an actual child and is not annoying unlike Bonnie.I really like how kiawe being like a deadspan snarker to Ash injuries and he being protective to his sister seriously I love kiawe character also Ash being kicked by a mudray is really funny and Mallow quick appearance in this episode is great.The only thing I don't like about this episode is team skull there so forgettable.Overall this episode is enjoyable I give it a 8/10.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The only thing I don't like about this episode is team skull there so forgettable

Yeah but isn't it better than just TR showing up for the umpteenth time?