• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash VS Bea! Overcome Octolock! (1128)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1128.jpg

Ash VS Bea! Overcome Octolock!

After his prior defeat against Bea, the Gym Leader from the Galar Region, Ash wants a rematch. Hearing she is in Cianwood City in Johto, training at the gym, Ash decides to go there to challenge her again. Bea accepts, with Cianwood's Gym Leader Chuck watching over. Ash & Riolu are wanting to truly overcome her Grapploct's power, but will he be able to get a win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Rivalry makes more sense with Raihan instead of making Bea OP. Guess foot fetish writers. Pikanerfed. If G Farfetch'd isn't battling, at least use your Gengar that knows Psychic and haven't battled in a while. But then Gengar would've swept Bea and no round 3 with Machamp. Super Aura Lucario in the future.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Bea seems to be sticking around, nice! I was hoping for this exact outcome.

Also lol, she remembered Ash as "The Riolu Trainer", not his actual name. They humanized her a little bit with today's episode, especially with the whole eating sweets segment, which is very nice too.

dman_dustin

Bayleef!!!!

I'm happy.

Rivalry makes more sense with Raihan instead of making Bea OP. Guess foot fetish writers. Pikanerfed. If G Farfetch'd isn't battling, at least use your Gengar that knows Psychic and haven't battled in a while. But then Gengar would've swept Bea and no round 3 with Machamp. Super Aura Lucario in the future.

Bea was almost in Hyper/Ultra class, Pikachu losing was fine.

I knew people would assume gym leader = weak trainer with Raihan being apparently the only exception.

What a crap episode. Pikachu was pointless as usual and Ash didn't even win depsite Riolu using DEM. They didn't even showed at least a montage of Ash getting back to his rank with his other team members.
The only good thing was seeing Bayleef in a flashback.

Pikachu knocked out Hitmontop what do you mean pointless. "Shouldn't have been used" sure but pointless?

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Good to see Bayleef! Reserves really seems to make a comeback in this series...

But Pikachu is reset as well... How can he beat Leon's Charizard?

How was Pikachu reset/nerfed if it was defeated by the ace of an almost top100 trainer in the world?

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Kind of shocked about the draw. But hey, if it means having Bea around longer to be Ash's female rival, I'm down for it.

Speaking of whom, she was great this episode. Aside from her strict personality in battle, she was adorable with being a messy eater during that sweets-eating scene.

And we got little Bea, too!

The only thing that kinda bugs me is the draw from this fight. But hey, at least Riolu didn't evolve just yet.

RetroPokeFan

Better than the first matchup.

Chuck's return was very enjoyable and
the callback to Ash's battle complete with Bayleef cameo was beautiful, give me more of this I say!

Pikachu's Electroweb strategy was real nice too, makes me so glad they tossed Electro Ball to the wayside considering it could never do much and Riolu managed to hold his own... with it ending on a tie too!

Yago_jm

And it was a draw as I was expecting. The battle looked a bit weird for me, felt like it could go on just a bit more, but nothing too bad.
Now I'm waiting for round 3 in Galar with Gigantamax Machamp and Pikachu.