• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash VS Bea! Overcome Octolock! (1128)

dman_dustin

So ties don't change ranking?

How was Pikachu reset/nerfed if it was defeated by the ace of an almost top100 trainer in the world?

It's like people neglected to pay attention to Bea's Rank shown by Go. I was taken aback by how high she was.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Kind of shocked about the draw. But hey, if it means having Bea around longer to be Ash's female rival, I'm down for it.

Speaking of whom, she was great this episode. Aside from her strict personality in battle, she was adorable with being a messy eater during that sweets-eating scene.

And we got little Bea, too!

The only thing that kinda bugs me is the draw from this fight. But hey, at least Riolu didn't evolve just yet.
I was dissapointed that baby Bea was not shown training with someone remotely similar to Mustard...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
But Pikachu is reset as well... How can he beat Leon's Charizard?

I really don't see how it can beat Leon's Charizard on it's own anyway, and I still doubt that Ash vs Leon wouldn't be a full battle otherwise what's the point of using (or catching) anything other than Pikachu?

besides like Korrina and Gengar, it took both of her pokemon to take Pikachu down, and the fact the match was a tie only proves Grapploct is a very strong opponent, not to mention Bea being so close to the hyper class does indicate she's really strong, and we now know if a draw happens nothing changes in the ranks.

People really need to get over Pikachu's victory over Tapu-Koko, which you know it required it's OP Z-move to actually beat.

The only real bad thing about this episode is the fact that they didn't show Ash getting back into the super tier, that is kind of lazy.

everything else was good though, even the bayleef flashback.

Pikachu was there just to make Grapploct and by extension Riolu look tough. Pikachu was not able to use Thunderbolt while being stuck in Octolock which only made the octopus seem tougher than we thought. At least Pikachu wasn't completely useless. If it wasn't for Pikachu, Riolu would've most likely lost.

besides like Korrina and Gengar, it took both of her pokemon to take Pikachu down, and the fact the match was a tie only proves Grapploct is a very strong opponent, not to mention Bea being so close to the hyper class does indicate she's really strong, and we now know if a draw happens nothing changes in the ranks.
Or maybe Riolu is weak and Pikachu was exhausted from the previous battle.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
So we don't officially know Ash's current rank? That's... kind of annoying, to be honest.

And yeah, if we were to see little Bea in a flashback, I'd much rather prefer her to be trained by her strict parents rather than Mustard, who's pretty lenient and kind. I'm just gonna gush over how cute Bea was at the end. That made the episode for me at least.

D

Deleted member 384931

The rematch of the rematch would be too easy. I mean if Riolu can almost beat it without evolving.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I'm quite confused... So Bea really is a powerful trainer who probably just entered WCS like Ash? My assumptions that Galar GLs are around FB-E4 level might be right all along...

Either way, I don't like the outcome... What happened with their ranks? The only good thing here is that Ash might battle all Galar GLs in the Ultra Class, alongside other E4s...

dman_dustin

Chuck recognizing Ash was kind of funny since it seems Chuck only did it when Ash got close to him.

Not sure if it was prompted by a "do you remember me" by Ash though

They shouldn't have dedicated that small bit to Go at the end catching a Chinchou. That bit could have been used to see him increase his rank. Perhaps, more at the beginning.

It was funny though.If I understood the context Go didn't want to go home until he caught something much to everyone's annoyance which implies Go was at for a long while

Remember, this is just Pikachu, not Pikachu + 10.000.000 Thunderbolt.

Yes just Pikachu that has a habit of beating legendary Pokemon every once in a while.

I am so glad they did not have Go beat Chuck and then watch Ash's battle. That stunt annoyed the crap out of me in that first Bea episode.
The way things are going Go will be stronger than Bea soon.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I also really enjoyed the moment where Riolu helped Pikachu off the field once it was beaten, considering how it was to Pikachu initially (you know tackling it out of the way to fight alongside Ash due to his aura) I think this is some great development for it to show it's maturing.

The rematch of the rematch would be too easy. I mean if Riolu can almost beat it without evolving.
I wonder who is stronger... Ash's Riolu or Korrina's Mega Lucario...

My assumptions that Galar GLs are around FB-E4 level might be right all along...
Considering Galar do not have E4 and the gym leaders participate in Champion Cup (replacement of E4 battle), the 4 strongest Galar gym leaders might indeed be E4 level... Raihan is champion level...?