• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash VS Bea! Overcome Octolock! (1128)

Rohanator

Chuck recognizing Ash was kind of funny since it seems Chuck only did it when Ash got close to him.

Not sure if it was prompted by a "do you remember me" by Ash though
Satoshi said "Shijima-san, can you borrow us this gym?" (or something along those lines) which made Shijima/Chuck be like "Oh, it IS Satoshi-kun!" So he thought he was familiar but wasn't sure until Satoshi talked to him like they had met before. Kind of a nice touch imo, it's realistic given they only met once in pretty normal circumstances (no main character glorification) and gives a real sense of a lot of time passing since then.

(And even if you can joke about it only being like 3 months since then in universe he's an old man he'd prolly forget about his wife too in that time. Probably why she wasn't in the episode lolol)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The way things are now, Ash's Riolu when it becomes a Lucario. If it can already hold it's own against Bea's Grapploct better than Korrina's MEGA Lucario, it's no contest.

I dunno about that.

For what it's worth Pikachu did score a pretty good strike on Grapploct before going down(after a close combat no less if that was what I heard Bea command it to use), it took both of them to defeat it and even then it was a draw.

Sure Lucario will probably be a powerhouse, but you can't really overestimate it's potential power either, at least not until we see it in action.

The way things are now, Ash's Riolu when it becomes a Lucario. If it can already hold it's own against Bea's Grapploct better than Korrina's MEGA Lucario, it's no contest.
It will gain a fighting type weakness on evolution though. Besides Korrina's Mega-Lucario loses every battle it participated in IIRC(not counting Fletchinder and Hawlucha since they were already weak), her Lucario has a better track record.

Decidueye23

People have to get over Pikachu beating Tapu Koko. Electric Surge was in effect and Pikachu used a Z-Move, and i honestly believe in battles like that pikachu is as good as its opponent kinda thing pushing itself to the limits. Bea is pretty strong. She is 193 already. I think they will have one more battle where, g-fetch'd will also participate and she will use g-max machamp.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
I dunno about that.

For what it's worth Pikachu did score a pretty good strike on Grapploct before going down(after a close combat no less if that was what I heard Bea command it to use), it took both of them to defeat it and even then it was a draw.

Sure Lucario will probably be a powerhouse, but you can't really overestimate it's potential power either, at least not until we see it in action.
True, but seeing how it's being built up, there's no way it WON'T be OP when it becomes one. Something needs to differentiate it from other Lucario we've seen in the anime, either it having absurd power in it's base form or a potential G-Max to tie in with the upcoming DLC.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
They actually showed a flashback of Bayleef? Poggers

Last edited:

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
True, but seeing how it's being built up, there's no way it WON'T be OP when it becomes one. Something needs to differentiate it from other Lucario we've seen in the anime, either it having absurd power in it's base form or a potential G-Max to tie in with the upcoming DLC.
It'll be an ace like Greninja/Lycanroc/Infernape of Journeys with a new form/mode if it doesn't get a Mega Stone. Aura seems to be a thing and will be Lucario's exclusive ability where they'll probably use it like Infernape's Blaze to go Super Sayian Lucario, but add a version of the battle bond aspect to show the Ash/Lucario Aura connection.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Only upside was the Bayleef glimpse. The battle was boring and ended way too damn quick I mean Riolu got like 1 hit ko'd lol.

The worst part is all the off screen bullshit, Ash had multiple wins off screen which is so dumb.

3/10 really didn't care for the handling.

People have to get over Pikachu beating Tapu Koko. Electric Surge was in effect and Pikachu used a Z-Move
Electric Surge duration have ended at that time. You can see the field no longer yellowish even before Tapu Koko give Kukui the Tapu-Z.

But I agree that people should not compare this Pikachu that lost to Graploct to Pikachu that beat Tapu Koko. Todays Pikachu do not utilize Z-move.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
People have to get over Pikachu beating Tapu Koko. Electric Surge was in effect and Pikachu used a Z-Move, and i honestly believe in battles like that pikachu is as good as its opponent kinda thing pushing itself to the limits. Bea is pretty strong. She is 193 already. I think they will have one more battle where, g-fetch'd will also participate and she will use g-max machamp.

Tapu Koko used a Z-move as well... And oh, Pikachu performed better against Leon's Charizard...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I have mixed feelings for this episode. For the most part it was great since they had good callbacks with Chuck & Bayleef, we got to see Ash’s entire team & were teased a sparring match between Farfetch’d & Dragonite, the match was handled pretty well (though I’m waiting for the sub to figure out how exactly Riolu got out of Octolock), and I’m glad that they seem to be setting up Bea as one of Ash’s rivals for the PWC. However, the one thing that irritates is that we didn’t see Ash’s ranking after the match. I wanted to see what would happen when a battle ends in a draw & I wanted to find out whether or not Ash made it back into the Great Class

Last edited:
Tapu Koko used a Z-move as well... And oh, Pikachu performed better against Leon's Charizard...
Things to consider:

Ash and Pikachu already know Tapu Koko battling style but they don't know Bea's Hitmontop battling style, thus Pikachu lost a lot of energy. Ash made a mistake in calling Iron Tail to counter incoming Octoloct, he should have had Pikachu evade it with Quick Attack.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Amazing episode. One of the best episodes if not the best of PJ.Bayleef appeared in flashback. Bea seems like rival. Only problem I have is that after Riolu escaped battle should have been longer. Riolu was taken out in 2 hits? I expected Ash to win but they surprised me with a draw.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Things to consider:

Ash and Pikachu already know Tapu Koko battling style but they don't know Bea's Hitmontop battling style, thus Pikachu lost a lot of energy. Ash made a mistake in calling Iron Tail to counter incoming Octoloct, he should have had Pikachu evade it with Quick Attack.

Empoleon also damaged and confused Pikachu prior to Tapu Koko...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After Pikachu sparring with Riolu, did Ash chose Dragonite as G.Farfetch'd sparring partner?
I’m pretty sure that’s what they were saying