• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash vs Leon Predictions..

Do you think Ash still has a shot at beating Leon now after Goh's betrayal in Episode 127?

• Yes

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Nope. Ash is toast.

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • View Results

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My bet is that Leon will win, everyone will be furious (fandom) and Ash will go to Paldea to get better.
Why be furious when it doesn’t make sense for him to win.

AJ97

Eternatus would justify AG standards aka: Anything Goes.

Meaning that Ash would have no restrictions for this fight.
Why would it justify allowing Ash to use all 3 Gimmicks?
The tournament has no restrictions that prevent trainers from using any particular species of Pokemon. Leon wouldn't be breaking any loss or cheating by using it in battle. To me at least; it's no different than Cynthia sneaking in a Destiny Bond.

I guess this would be fine if Leon and Ash are both allowed to use whatever number of Gimmicks (And Leon's advantage comes from Eternatus instead of Mega Evolution & Z-Moves which he doesn't have access to). I would prefer this than Ash explicitly being given the option to use 3 Gimmicks (While Leon goes in with a Handicap).

Maybe with that we'll have Mega Lucario and G-Max Gengar take out Eternatus and Pikachu 1v1 G-Max Charizard.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Why would it justify allowing Ash to use all 3 Gimmicks?
The tournament has no restrictions that prevent trainers from using any particular species of Pokemon. Leon wouldn't be breaking any loss or cheating by using it in battle. To me at least; it's no different than Cynthia sneaking in a Destiny Bond.

I guess this would be fine if Leon and Ash are both allowed to use whatever number of Gimmicks (And Leon's advantage comes from Eternatus instead of Mega Evolution & Z-Moves which he doesn't have access to). I would prefer this than Ash explicitly being given the option to use 3 Gimmicks (While Leon goes in with a Handicap).

Maybe with that we'll have Mega Lucario and G-Max Gengar take out Eternatus and Pikachu 1v1 G-Max Charizard.
It's more of the fact that Leon, ever so wanting of a battle worthy of spectacle, would want Ash to not be held back. And Eternatus could incentive the judge to create a special exemption for the rules on the technicality that Eternatus may be another gimmick of sorts.

AJ97

It's more of the fact that Leon, ever so wanting of a battle worthy of spectacle, would want Ash to not be held back. And Eternatus could incentive the judge to create a special exemption for the rules on the technicality that Eternatus may be another gimmick of sorts.
I don't like the idea of Leon being above the PWC. Despite Leon's position, I firmly believe that the rules should also extend to him and his battles.
Now ofc, if the PWC decide an Anything goes format and allows Ash to use all 3 gimmicks; that would be a different story.

TurboAceK

Before the Eternatus possibility I thought Ash loses a 6v4
Via merch and ads we know Leon’s fourth Pokemon is Mr. Rime so I think Ash will battle four Pokemon unlike the other battles where Leon only revealed 3

Dragapult vs Dragonite
Dragonite W
Mr. Rime vs Dragonite
Mr. Rime W
Mr. Rime vs Dracovish
Mr. Rime W
Mr. Rime vs Gengar
Gengar W
Rillaboom vs Gengar
Gengar withdraw
Rillaboom vs Sirfetch’d
Rillaboom W
Rillaboom vs Lucario
Lucario W
Charizard vs Lucario
Gmax Charizard W
Charizard vs Gengar
Charizard W over Gmax Gengar
Charizard vs Pikachu
Draw
Leon wins with 2 remaining

If it is a full 6 v 6
Then
Dragonite>Dragapult
Mr. Rime > Dragonite
Gengar >Mr. Rime
Seimistoad (guess from game team and an episode title is called torrent so maybe a water type) > Dracovish
Sirfetch’d > Seismitoad
Aegislash (guess from game team) = Sirfetch’d (draw)
Lucario > Rillaboom
Charizard > Lucario
Charizard > GMax Gengar
Charizard >= Pikachu
Leon wins
Unless Ash has to win then
Pikachu >Charizard

But with Eternatus it all depends when Eternatus comes out
Like if opening then it could take out four of Ash’s Pokémon to defeat it only for Rillaboom and Charizard to defeat the last two
And if it’s a later Pokémon
I could hypothetically see Ash beat 3-5 (or whenever he would send it and with that many left) of Leon’s Pokémon including Charizard but then Eternatus just destroys him

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Yes but your logic for arguing just doesn't work from an anime context. If we're going to argue by making assumptions on how much damages arbitrary moves can cause, then we could pretty much argue a win scenario for all of Ash's Pokemon. Including Ash's Palpitoad against Eternatus if we really wanted to.
Palpitoad is a ground type so it does have the advantage lol.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
I am glad that Goh betrayed Ash

Ash is a terrible little child-man who sponges off a likeable character like Goh to stay relevant
Goh never betrayed Ash. He just left. Any normal person would prioritize their own goals over sticking around to watch someone else achieve theirs.

SatoSereFan224888

Goh stabbed Ash in the back. Once again Ash is going to screwed out of winning a tournament he should have won. Ash should give Goh the third degree and tell him he's the worst person he's ever traveled with.

The Drawn Sword

Goh stabbed Ash in the back. Once again Ash is going to screwed out of winning a tournament he should have won. Ash should give Goh the third degree and tell him he's the worst person he's ever traveled with.
Goh is a villain. After losing the tournament, Ash should storm Cerise‘s jail and free all the stolen Pokémon Goh took from nature and return them to their rightful places