• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash VS Leon! The Path to Power!! (1102)

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
There was some stuff about rising in ranks, but I don't quite get how that would work?

The gym challenge definitely wasn't set up, but they also didn't say what Ash would do next? It's so weird.

Not even sure at this point if Gym Challenge, as well as Ash's previous accomplishments, are included to move up the ranks since they were never mentioned... This is a whole new, anime-exclusive system it seems...

J Bouken

There was some stuff about rising in ranks, but I don't quite get how that would work?

The gym challenge definitely wasn't set up, but they also didn't say what Ash would do next? It's so weird.

He has to become a Master Rank trainer so he can enter the same tournament they were watching last episode. To do that, he has to start at the bottom and work his way up, but the episode didn't specify how exactly. We do know that Ash wants to enter and challenge Leon again.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Um so do TR have a Chewtle now or....??

D

Deleted member 384931

I hope Galar Gym Leaders, Hop, Marnie, Bede, E4s and Champions from other regions will be introduced as trainers within those upper ranks...
Who knows, but rip Galar Challenge. I hope old rivals return for this

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
He has to become a Master Rank trainer so he can enter the same tournament they were watching last episode. To do that, he has to start at the bottom and work his way up, but the episode didn't specify how exactly. We do know that Ash wants to enter and challenge Leon again.
So weird. But like, are these tournaments in other regions? Will Dynamax be a part of that? What kinds of trainers will he face?

Too many questions...

game3524

So for Ash to properly challenge Leon, he's going to have to start beating Elite Four members, which is something he's traditionally struggled to do.

It's kinda weird seeing Ash being allowed to take this next step in ability, but I'm all for it.

Agreed.

This is much more interesting then Ash doing another gym challenge. I really want to see how this plays out.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Haven seen the episode yet but if this leads to Ash actually doing something, I’m all for it. Though what people are saying, it didn’t directly foreshadow or imply a return to Galar for its Gyms

J Bouken

So weird. But like, are these tournaments in other regions? Will Dynamax be a part of that? What kinds of trainers will he face?

Too many questions...

I imagine there'll be tournaments dotted around the globe, to fit the series' world tour motif. IIRC, there was a new gym being built in Vermillion City, so perhaps it's for this purpose? Normal gyms don't suit Gigantamax forms, after all.

Or it could be a case of Ash entering a system where he's awarded points for victories, and once he's accumulated enough points, he can qualify for a rank.

You've gotta assume he'll be going against some competent trainers, original or otherwise.

BabaVanga

This was a really nice episode;
1) Galar Gym Challenge wasn't mentioned.
2) Drednaw didn't get caught.
3) Go caught Skwovet, one of the better Gen VIII Pokémon.

I was a little surprised Ash will have to start from the bottom of the ladder but I kinda liked it, there must be lots of regional league conference winners from each region that didn't manage to beat E4/Champion after all.

D

Deleted member 384931

It doesnt specify lance directly does it? Far shot but it could also imply raihan?
No but I mean Lance was in the master rank. I get excited at the thought of which trainers/elite four/gym leaders/champions he is gonna fight. I guess they used the battle tower ranking.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Replacing the gym challenge with occasional battles against noteworthy trainers to climb rankings could be cool, but until we actually see what this will entail I’m cautious about it. With the gyms I’d know what to expect, with this I wouldn’t put it past them to just do a halfhearted 1 v 1 with Pikachu every once in a while and arbitrarily cut it off at some point when they decide it’s enough.

So like with so much of this show I’m right back to “sounds cool but give me some details already”.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys