1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash VS Leon! The Path to Power!! (1102)

Discussion in 'Pokémon (2019)' started by Serebii, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

There are many champions in many regions since their Earth mirrors ours, Alola got their first champion ever last region so its bound to not get much attention Worldwide. Plus you might have to actually have to register or take part in special tournaments to enter that ranking, I'm sure it will be explained once he enters tournaments to raise it.

I hope the Galar characters show up in them.

2. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Yeah but prior to this episode I kept seeing Ash as being on the same level as a regional champion after beating Prof. Kukui

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  3. Pepsi_Plunge

He is, it just doesn't mean that every champion is at the same level, specially Leon who is number 1 in the rankings.

catzeye and BabaVanga like this.
  4. Juaquin

Juaquin Well-Known Member

alright i can see how they can make it work let ash catch 4 galar pokemon hes been catching 4 regional pokemon anyways, grookey, sizzlipede,toxel, kubfu. train them up through the lower ranks including outside battles and than start mixing in the vets slowly as he gets to the upper ranks

5. Konja7

Konja7 Well-Known Member

In fact, the PvP ranking existed in Pokemon Go too (and I think it existed before SwSh).

wolf jani likes this.
  6. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

That'd require Iris to be a trainer

And have dragons

:p

7. Yuugis Black Magician

Yuugis Black Magician Namaikina Imouto

Dragon? Clearly, it's just going to be Alan again to defeat Satoshi.

8. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

I doubt that.

He will use some of his reserve from the start.

9. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

Yes pls. The fanboy tears would be delicious.

J. D. Guy, Sham, Cradily17 and 7 others like this.
  10. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja Cute Redditmon

I hope that still means some unevolved Galar mons for Ash. Giving him one fully evolved monster after another would be garbage.

Also please Galar gym leader. Would be a shame if they won't appear and Ash facing off against CotD trainer until he get in E4 range. But then introduce the Galar gym leader as type masters instead who were gym leader once. In that case make Ash fight them onscreen. They can also make Misty and Iris reappear and take on them which would mean some decent goal progression...finally. I would actually like to see a Misty vs Nessa or Iris vs Raihan.

And Bede, Hop and Marnie as rivals is a must.

11. Kazuniya

Is that meant to be a joke? Because both statements are true...?

J. D. Guy, Sham, wolf jani and 2 others like this.
  12. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Lay off the ketchup trucks, Pikachu.

(Man, Fatchu looks so weird in the anime.)

JustAStatistic and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  13. Kazuniya

He looks cool IMO.

I love how awkwardly he grabs his tail as he tries to launch its attack.

14. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

At last, the glorious and triumphant return of fat Pikachu.

Honestly, this was a nice character moment for Ash. Gigantimax relies more on stone wall tactics and power rather than speed. Seeing Pikachu struggle to use the Fatchu body was some great if small character moment.

15. Pepsi_Plunge

I though it looked pretty adorable, pretty much like ingame, the tail thing was pretty funny.

J. D. Guy likes this.
  16. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

The best part of the episode is when Go explains the tier system used in this tournament and Ash just stares back, pouty faced, as if to think "I am Champion of Alola. I am at least top 100."

17. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

So Ash's goal is to climb the ranks a fight Leon again? Not sure what that means for who he will fight to get there but I'm all for it.

And if Pikachu put up a decent fight against Charizard Ash can totally defeat Leon at the end

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  18. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

isn't it a joke on how iris took fairly long to get a dragon type pokemon apart from axew being a dragon master and all, which is pretty funny imo

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  19. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

At this point his opponents can be anyone from CotDs, to returning characters, to the Galar gym leaders, to new anime-exclusives. Heck, even Team Rocket has a chance if they use the pokémon from the Gotcha Machine

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  20. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Finally Ash has a goal. Hopefully he'll be challenging the Galar gym leaders and not bland one-off OC COTDs nobody will give a crap about, none of the modern day OCs are Paul, AJ, Samurai, or Giselle level of memorable(Or good)

Not pleased the attention hogging Go caught yet another Galarian Pokemon before Ash even got a single one though! But at least it looks like the TRio(Hopefully James) will be having an actual Pokemon soon

4/10

KenzeyEevee likes this.