1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash VS Leon! The Path to Power!! (1102)

Discussion in 'Pokémon (2019)' started by Serebii, Feb 16, 2020.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

I'm not sure? We simply don't have enough info on this matter other than there being ranks for, apparently, exactly 1000 trainers.

2. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

If this was Gen 1 or Gen 2 I'd know exactly how things would go down if Team Rocket gave Chewtle to Giovanni:

Giovanni: What, exactly, does this pokémon do?
    Jessie: It bites things really hard!
    Giovanni: That's it? You gave me small pokémon that bites things. like pretty much every other pokémon in existence?
    James: We're in trouble aren't we?
    Giovanni: Not at all, in fact this is the perfect specimen for my new torture projects, why don't you three join it to give it a demonstration?!
    James: Down the hall, third door to the right?
    Giovanni: Down the hall, third door to the right.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  3. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: Orientating surprises!

Dynamax looks way more interesting in the anime LOL
    Every scene of PIIkachu was so funny to see, my favorite moments of the episode(or even the series). Pikachu holding his tail like that was priceless

Not to mention that James and Chewtle scene, I though I was the only one to think it was funny but no

4. AznKei

AznKei Badass girls saving their boyfriends. XD

As usual, Pikachu got its own Gigantamax just like its own Z-move to defeat Mother Beast, because it is the franchise mascot.

And yeah, Pikachu is surely not used by its own transformation yet, being too bulky and slow that it had to hold its tail to do Iron tail and its Thunderbolt looks delayed, even though those moves are much more powerful under the form.

As expected, Leon won the battle. Even if the continuity is still there with Ash winning the Alola League, Ash is really clueless about Dynamax and the Galar culture, so the outcome makes sense.

Anyways, decent episode. Not so much as a fan of Ash & Pikachu even though the latter own Gigantamax was unique.

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  5. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Didn't like Gigachu.

Anyway, thank God no Galar gym quest so far and seems more like Ash will do the anime-version of online ranked battles.

Do you remember all the rage when Emolga was revealed to be a dragon-type? That blew my mind away at the time.

6. AuraChannelerChris

So does that mean his opponents will cheese him to death using strategies and carrying the right hold items that can ultimately screw him with a little dose of Lady Luck kicking his head with her heels?

mehmeh1 and wolf jani like this.
  7. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

So a dragon-type trainer isn't allowed to catch non-dragon types? That's a bit of a stupid argument, but alright.

8. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Nah, gen 8 made things easy for Ash as he can just give some mints and vitamins for his pokémon to become competitive.

Also, remember he can always win by pulling FEAR with Pikachu ;)

9. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

I would've wanted Ash to catch that Drednaw to finally have another Galar pokemon in cast. But it seems like TR will catch that Chewtle and it will have the Jessie's hair gag. That Skwovet was adorable! Pikachu being clumsy with G-max makes sense since it's his first time using it. So the battle was kinda v
    boring. An allright episode. one of the weaker ones of this series so far though. Hearing SWSH game soundtrack was cool though. And the next episode looks awesome. and Yay Dragonite is finally getting used. And Gou is using a mon other than Scorbunny or Scyther

mehmeh1 likes this.
  10. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Plus she could have gotten more Dragon Pokemon since her last appearance

Twilight-Kun, mehmeh1 and wolf jani like this.
  11. Its quite interesting that Ash says tjat defeating or battle Leon is the first step into becoming a pokemon master.

PkmnTCG07, Mr. Reloaded and wolf jani like this.
  12. British Soul

British Soul Top Hat Regulator

*Sees Chewtle bite Jessie's hair* Oh boy, that's a throwback from AG. If that becomes a gag, I'll take it.
    Though I'd like to see them take it back to HQ and Giovanni would be like "What is this that you brought back?" and them trying to explain that it evolves into a Pokemon that can Gigantamax all whilst Giovanni has a blank stare in his face thinking "Oh really? Well hurry up and evolve it then!"

Ash: Pikachu use Iron Tail
    Leon: Charizard Use Thunderpunch
    Me: *Sinnoh flashbacks intensify*

Let's not forget the episode when Excadrill donned a Druddigon costume [​IMG] , good times.

Spider-Phoenix, mehmeh1 and wolf jani like this.
  13. AuraChannelerChris

Like he has the heart to change the nature of his Pokemon.

mehmeh1 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  14. FlygontheRavager

FlygontheRavager #1 Pokémon Anime Fan!

Natures don't change the nature of your Pokemon. They just change the STATS of your Pokemon so it's as though they have a new nature.

Spider-Phoenix, wolf jani and mehmeh1 like this.
  15. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Guess it at least confirms being a master isn't purely about strength.

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. AuraChannelerChris

So the eater becomes a FAKER.

wolf jani, mehmeh1 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  17. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

So if Ash completes the World Championship AND defeats Leon how much farther can he go?

18. Cradily17

Cradily17 Well-Known Member

It's interesting to note that Drasna is the only Kalos Elite Four member who hasn't made any appearances in the anime, so maybe it could be her? Iris also seems plausible though.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  19. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

However farther the series wants to take him

Red and Blue likes this.
  20. CupidKirby

CupidKirby Well-Known Member

Wow. Thicchu was really struggling with all the extra weight. I do have to commend the animators for incorporating mass and size into his movements really well. It'd be interesting if Pikachu learns to control himself better in future fights and we see his attacks become smoother. It's possible seeing as Leon's Charizard and Lance's Gyarados weren't shown wobbling around nearly as much if at all. Plus a lot of the hits Pikachu was taking was because he was too slow.

So basically Ash has to be top 999 to even be acknowledged while everyone in 1000th place or lower are just normal trainers. That's interesting. I really like the idea of this since it puts the qualifications for the big "league" at the end to a larger scale. Plus now people can't really complain about the lack of competition or the small size of the league (8 people).

It's probable that they only start counting your win and loss ratio from the time you sign up onwards. I mean, there's not really any way for the league to know the exact number of wins and losses Ash has accumulated up until now.

I still think Gigantamax Dragonite will be a thing for Ash.

There isn't a rank for exactly 1000 trainers. The "normal class" is for people ranked 1000 or higher. Everyone who enters has a rank, it's just that you have to be top 999 to advance to the next class. That's why the visual with normal class said it was for "1000-" so 1000 to a versatile amount. At least that's what I understand of it.

wolf jani and RetroPokeFan like this.