• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash VS Leon! The Path to Power!! (1102)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If this was Gen 1 or Gen 2 I'd know exactly how things would go down if Team Rocket gave Chewtle to Giovanni:

Giovanni: What, exactly, does this pokémon do?
Jessie: It bites things really hard!
Giovanni: That's it? You gave me small pokémon that bites things. like pretty much every other pokémon in existence?
James: We're in trouble aren't we?
Giovanni: Not at all, in fact this is the perfect specimen for my new torture projects, why don't you three join it to give it a demonstration?!
James: Down the hall, third door to the right?
Giovanni: Down the hall, third door to the right.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
As usual, Pikachu got its own Gigantamax just like its own Z-move to defeat Mother Beast, because it is the franchise mascot.

And yeah, Pikachu is surely not used by its own transformation yet, being too bulky and slow that it had to hold its tail to do Iron tail and its Thunderbolt looks delayed, even though those moves are much more powerful under the form.

As expected, Leon won the battle. Even if the continuity is still there with Ash winning the Alola League, Ash is really clueless about Dynamax and the Galar culture, so the outcome makes sense.

Anyways, decent episode. Not so much as a fan of Ash & Pikachu even though the latter own Gigantamax was unique.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Didn't like Gigachu.

Anyway, thank God no Galar gym quest so far and seems more like Ash will do the anime-version of online ranked battles.

Ah yes, who can forget Emolga and Excadrill, the best dragon-types :p

Do you remember all the rage when Emolga was revealed to be a dragon-type? That blew my mind away at the time.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So does that mean his opponents will cheese him to death using strategies and carrying the right hold items that can ultimately screw him with a little dose of Lady Luck kicking his head with her heels?

Nah, gen 8 made things easy for Ash as he can just give some mints and vitamins for his pokémon to become competitive.

Also, remember he can always win by pulling FEAR with Pikachu ;)

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I would've wanted Ash to catch that Drednaw to finally have another Galar pokemon in cast. But it seems like TR will catch that Chewtle and it will have the Jessie's hair gag. That Skwovet was adorable! Pikachu being clumsy with G-max makes sense since it's his first time using it. So the battle was kinda v
boring. An allright episode. one of the weaker ones of this series so far though. Hearing SWSH game soundtrack was cool though. And the next episode looks awesome. and Yay Dragonite is finally getting used. And Gou is using a mon other than Scorbunny or Scyther

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
*Sees Chewtle bite Jessie's hair* Oh boy, that's a throwback from AG. If that becomes a gag, I'll take it.
Though I'd like to see them take it back to HQ and Giovanni would be like "What is this that you brought back?" and them trying to explain that it evolves into a Pokemon that can Gigantamax all whilst Giovanni has a blank stare in his face thinking "Oh really? Well hurry up and evolve it then!"

Ash: Pikachu use Iron Tail
Leon: Charizard Use Thunderpunch
Me: *Sinnoh flashbacks intensify*

Do you remember all the rage when Emolga was revealed to be a dragon-type? That blew my mind away at the time.
Let's not forget the episode when Excadrill donned a Druddigon costume
Discord_Kappa.png
, good times.

Cradily17

No way the Dragon trainer would be Lance... I doubt they'll give Pikachu consecutive Ls... Drake? Drasna?
It's interesting to note that Drasna is the only Kalos Elite Four member who hasn't made any appearances in the anime, so maybe it could be her? Iris also seems plausible though.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

CupidKirby

Wow. Thicchu was really struggling with all the extra weight. I do have to commend the animators for incorporating mass and size into his movements really well. It'd be interesting if Pikachu learns to control himself better in future fights and we see his attacks become smoother. It's possible seeing as Leon's Charizard and Lance's Gyarados weren't shown wobbling around nearly as much if at all. Plus a lot of the hits Pikachu was taking was because he was too slow.

So basically Ash has to be top 999 to even be acknowledged while everyone in 1000th place or lower are just normal trainers. That's interesting. I really like the idea of this since it puts the qualifications for the big "league" at the end to a larger scale. Plus now people can't really complain about the lack of competition or the small size of the league (8 people).

We don't really know right now... He's yet to sign up nor Go and Leon being aware of his past accomplishments... The least we can get if they bring that up would be, they will be honored and will have to win against a Great Ball ranked trainer which could be his secondary rival in the series (with Leon as his primary)...

It's probable that they only start counting your win and loss ratio from the time you sign up onwards. I mean, there's not really any way for the league to know the exact number of wins and losses Ash has accumulated up until now.

Maybe Ash will do something similar to Leon in their rematch :D. I know it probably would not be that original given its been happening a few times already but I am somewhat surprised the writers did not give Ash a unique form, like they did with Ash-Greninja and dusk form Lycanroc. Who knows maybe they will. It's still early days.

I still think Gigantamax Dragonite will be a thing for Ash.

I'm not sure? We simply don't have enough info on this matter other than there being ranks for, apparently, exactly 1000 trainers.

There isn't a rank for exactly 1000 trainers. The "normal class" is for people ranked 1000 or higher. Everyone who enters has a rank, it's just that you have to be top 999 to advance to the next class. That's why the visual with normal class said it was for "1000-" so 1000 to a versatile amount. At least that's what I understand of it.