1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash VS Leon! The Path to Power!! (1102)

Discussion in 'Pokémon (2019)' started by Serebii, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

Did you have to do Iris like that (good joke though lmao)

RLC likes this.
  2. RetroPokeFan

RetroPokeFan Well-Known Member

PIKACHU: "Man, I'm having a hard time trying to adjust to this new fo..."
    VANITAS: "Too slow!"
    ASH: "I'm sorry wha..."
    VANITAS: "TOO SLOW!"

wolf jani and Twilight-Kun like this.
  3. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

I took great pleasure in beating his Data battle so much.

wolf jani and RetroPokeFan like this.
  4. Konja7

Konja7 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty surprised that winning Leon (and the World Championship) is just the "first step" to be a Pokemon Master.

So what were all the Leagues?

5. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

Team Rocket's still out there and causing trouble. I wouldn't mind seeing a series where Ash went to try to deal with his region's evil team once and for all.

wolf jani and Red and Blue like this.
  6. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

fodder apparently, i kinda just went with it honestly

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  7. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

That'd be pretty cool actually. Especially if Ash and Giovanni can have a proper battle

Mew2 likes this.
  8. Jiffunk

Jiffunk Active Member

What if the top 8 in master class were

1) Ash
    2) Leon
    3) Lance
    4) Steven
    5) Cynthia
    6) Alder
    7) Diantha
    8) Hop (LOL)

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

Even better would be that even if Ash beats him reliably, much like the player does in the original Pokémon games, Giovanni could still be around because of his political connections. That could turn what would be a one season arc into a full series.

10. British Soul

British Soul Top Hat Regulator

And then plot twist, Hop got there by beating Wallace.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  11. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

I mean, whoever is part of the Masters Eight will mostly be irrelevant unless they plan on showing each Master rank battle.

12. KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon Well-Known Member

....... *Sigh* I didn't care for some of the dialogue in this episode. Apparently ash is "Unrefined" in spite of him challenging 8 different leagues and winning 2 of them. *We still count the orange league right?* Also, Pikachu not even putting up a fight against Charizard. Say what you will about this particular charizard being a champion's Charizard. This same Pikachu went toe to toe with several legendaries. I think I'm finally starting to get why some people dislike the soft resetting of Pikachu's strength so much. As for the rest of the episode. It was fine. I suppose this episode answers why pokemon don't use their regular moves when Dynamaxing *Their big bulky bodies make it difficult to actually do things.* and we get an interesting kind of acquiesce to Pikachu dynamaxing without a Pokeball. We even get a goal for Ash in this episode in taking on the league which may or may not involve going to every region and competing in random tournaments fitting neatly in line with the overall theme of this season which is exploring the world. I had some problem with this episode but overall, it was fine.

7/10 FFS Ash is a champion and Pikachu is a powerhouse taking out legendaries and champion mons. Treat them like it Anime -_-

13. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Ash is the winner of a league conference, not a champion of the likes of Cynthia and Lance. Huge misconception. There is a difference.

By the end of this season he definitely will be that strong , but not right now. He's gotta show he can actually beat the Elite 4 first.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  14. Cptnmac1

Cptnmac1 Well-Known Member

Was the alolan Pokemon league an official Pokemon league? I thought it was just something kukui set up with the hope that it would become an official league one day. If that's the case, then ash isn't an official Pokemon league champion. He's just the champion of a region without an official league like drake in the Orange islands. There's no way ash is on level of official champions like Cynthia and leon yet

15. Red and Blue

Yes the Alolan League is an official league. Its treated that way both in universe and from the company itself

16. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Honestly, it makes sense. Most sports don't have just one big event. There are multiple tournaments like the Grand Pix, the World Cup, the Olympics and etc...

I am curious to see what they are gonna come up for the new tournaments and how they are going to change the rules of the game.

17. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

Don't think that line was meant to be taken literally.

18. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

Hotdang, we finally have an official goal for Ash of this series, I was worried it'd lead to nothing but boy am I glad I was wrong, I'm excited for the up coming matches than. Now I hope Ash catches more different kind of Pokemon, wonder if will get actual rivals for Ash besides Leo?

I didn't mind Pikachu's battle, at least he didn't loose completely. i like that Go is starting to see that side of Ash that he thinks of nothing but Pokemon and battles and that he's crazy enough to challenge guys like Leo, his reaction was priceless. If only the series let Ash talk about his past adventures * sigh*

mehmeh1 likes this.
  19. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

which line?

20. Red and Blue

That winning the World Championship was the first step to becoming a Pokemon Master

wolf jani likes this.