• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash VS Misty! A One-on-One on the Beach!! (1227)

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I think it would have been even funnier if instead of Clauncher, Misty and Ash would fight over Dracovish (in a scenario where Ash hadn't caught one jn JN)

Still can't believe it that Misty has a Gen6 Pokemon!

KukuiFanatic501

They could’ve done this before, but waited until the end to do so. Just like not bringing Ash and his reserves in Journeys. Once again they prove to us that journeys was full of missed opportunities
To be somewhat fair, this isn’t a JN issue. Honestly speaking, what was stopping Misty from putting her foot down all those years ago and just telling her sisters “No, I’m not coming back to run the gym because your lazy and irresponsible, I’m gonna continue traveling”

Much as I like Misty being inspired by Ashs win to travel again, this specific line of reasoning seems kinda…lazy the way it’s made. If all Misty had to do is just leave it to her sisters, then it somewhat devalues her original departure when she arguably could’ve just done the same thing.

Anyway, to give my thoughts on the episode, they pretty much mirror what everyone has already said. Fantastic episode.

Seeing Ash and Misty’s chemistry and banter again was golden, seeing Misty again in general was great, it felt just like an OS episode, the reserves were great even if Corphish was the only one to actively do anything.

I don’t have any issues with Ash losing since the episode was structured to be that way in the first place and Corphish isn’t one of Ashs champion level mons so it doesn’t devalue his accomplishments to lose a friendly battle with a friend.

Besides the rest of the reserves not doing much, this episode was great. 9/10, can’t wait to see Brock and Cilan finally make his return!

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I'm already loving this season.

It was great seeing Misty again (and seeing that she'll be joining Ash for the last leg/next step of his journey). The call backs to Misty and Cilan's lures was a nice moment.

I love seeing Ash's older Pokémon again, and while we only got to see Corphish battle, this was an interesting collection. Leavanny mothering and caring warms my heart. Totodile still being his jolly old self. Rowlet snoozing everywhere he can. Psyduck simply being.

Great episode, great season (so far).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Wasn't it a problem that her sisters did the bare minimum to run the gym? I forgot if that got fixed after Ash's "battle" with Misty there.
Apparently they seem to be made more competent to run the gym in Misty's absence again after like 20 years or so XD

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Mediocre episode in my book as it reminded me a lot of stuff I didn't like in the old show. And I became a fan back when it was a fad.

Come to think about it, the show wasn't that good back then, mostly salvaged by some of the clever ideas Shudo and Yuyama had.

Liko & Ray, come save us soon!

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
It didn't occur to me until earlier, but I like that Politoed redeemed itself from its loss in EP151 when it was a newly evolved Poliwhirl. I had completely forgotten that Misty's Poliwag evolved in the battle for Totodile.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
She probably thought it was her duty to defend the prestige of the cerulean gym, but after such a long a time she finally snapped and realized that she wants to other things and that she shouldn’t bare the burden of the gym alone.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm already loving this season.

It was great seeing Misty again (and seeing that she'll be joining Ash for the last leg/next step of his journey). The call backs to Misty and Cilan's lures was a nice moment.

I love seeing Ash's older Pokémon again, and while we only got to see Corphish battle, this was an interesting collection. Leavanny mothering and caring warms my heart. Totodile still being his jolly old self. Rowlet snoozing everywhere he can. Psyduck simply being.

Great episode, great season (so far).
Why do I have to squint to read this.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Fantastic episode, had a lot of the same feel as the older series and it was nice to see Ash and Misty's interactions again. Clauncher was also a great Pokemon and I want to see more of him again.

KukuiFanatic501

I think Ash went easy on Misty because he knows all too well she has a passion for water type pokemon. It’s true that Misty won the battle for Clauncher. But not for the title of the World Champion. This battle happens to be the fun type of battle. If this were to be an official battle, then Ash would have emerge victorious as to defend his title. I don’t mind seeing her traveling with Ash once again. She’s kind of like a tsundere for him.
I mean if being real, wasn’t this kinds confirmed by Ash choosing not to use Pikachu? Like he openly acknowledged Pikachu would clean house but then decided not to go with him. If that isn’t a sign of Ash choosing to be casual with a friendly battle then I don’t know what is

Because winning a league is different from being the strongest trainer in the world. If Ash left after sinnoh or kalor or whatever, many people would rightfully believe there is still higher stakes.

But after beating Leon, where else do you even go from here. How do you even write rivals? Whose is even gonna be stronger than Leon? Greeta? Lol

I mean to be fair, the last option isn’t exactly impossible to happen. There have been cases in battling-related series where a protagonist became a champion at something but still continued on as the MC. For example, with Beyblade, Tyson became a champion in the OG era but then got defeated by a stronger opponent afterwards at the time, so he worked to reclaim his title. Gingka became a world champion in Metal Masters but then we got Metal Fury after that. Valt Aoi became world champion in the 2nd season of Burst and has been a reoccurring character in every single season after that, and is going to be making yet another appearance in the upcoming Burst season, QuadStrike. Pokemons a lot more diverse with what someone can do with Pokémon related goals, so it wasn’t impossible for Ash to continue onward after beating Leon.

Paldea at least would’ve worked well with Ash as champion also. Not only does it have multiple champions, but it’s multiple different quests could’ve had Ash do a non-battling goal (which is something he started doing since the SM days) like ending team star or doing the treasure hunt, while someone else can take up the battling challenge. That’s why people argue Nemona beating him wouldn’t be so bad if they battled since she isn’t a rookie.

And honestly, I’ve always said this, but what would be the purpose of a PWC in the first place if new regions and champions that didn’t participate in the world championships earlier are going to get introduced? There’s nothing stopping Greeta from being introduced as a stronger champion than Leon later on narratively, but was just someone who decided not to participate, just as others like Paul and Wallace chose not to. And if Rikos series ends up being in the same timeline as Ashes, this point becomes even more apparent.

I won’t argue this too much since, with Ash leaving, it obviously doesn’t matter now, but just felt like I should make this point.

ShuckFam

Don’t you ****ing dare
Riko looks nothing like Misty anyways
Are you a Pokeshipper?
They literally have the same smile, I think Sham has a good point.

Btw, I'm curious about something. Do you have a bank of pro-armour quotes from various posters on youtube, reddit, etc, stored away? I remember you pulled one out on me and you did it in another thread to explain something.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Are you a Pokeshipper?
Classified information.

They literally have the same smile, I think Sham has a good point.

Btw, I'm curious about something. Do you have a bank of pro-armour quotes from various posters on youtube, reddit, etc, stored away? I remember you pulled one out on me and you did it in another thread to explain something.
On iPhone notes