• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash VS Misty! A One-on-One on the Beach!! (1227)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The way people act around each other changes as they get older, just as people themselves change. Hell I'm pretty sure I remember their interactions being different in SM as well, this almost feels like they went back to OS for a bit.

Not a bad thing at all, as I said I like this version of Ash, but I wouldn't call it 'consistent' when it's more nostalgia pandering than anything.
Ash and Misty didn't get much time to interact in SM and Misty didn't troll Ash this much, but when they did Ash had the same reactions still pretty much. Cmon now you need to rewatch the episode if you think he's being bratty rather than teasing Misty back in a back and forth banter

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Misty just always get under Ash’s skin and visa versa. What is the big deal?
He also acts differently towards Serena than Dawn for example.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Yeah lol this makes zero sense
Ash in OS was in general a smug little **** who was arrogant and didn't have the skills to back up his boasts, but had a heart of gold nonetheless and cared for his friends and Pokemon and had a unique style
Uh...when did I deny that?
Here Ash is still his mature self who's grown up now. He isn't a "smug little ****" in this episode just because he meets Misty again who touches his nerves and being his old friend he starts teasing her again, that's SUCH a gross misunderstanding
He definitely acts like a completely different character here. Most of these traits haven't been a part of his personality in years.
Ash and Misty didn't get much time to interact in SM and Misty didn't troll Ash this much, but when they did Ash had the same reactions still pretty much. Cmon now you need to rewatch the episode if you think he's being bratty rather than teasing Misty back in a back and forth banter
I...never said he was being bratty. Rather than me rewatching the episode, I think you need to re-read my comment first.

Anyway, this conversation is pointless. Not continuing it any further.

greninjamaster

I seem to recall a while back people proclaiming that they would not cater to the OS, well after this episode egg on some peoples faces for being dead wrong. This is 100% a cater to the OS, all the way down to personality.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
A pretty good episode. Low stakes and comedic, hard not to smile throughout the episode. This episode also had great continuity references, shout out to Tomioka.

Ash finally showed a personality again, and the Ash/Misty dynamic was great and a lot of fun. Can't wait for Brock to be thrown in the mix!

Leavanny and Rowlet were great and Totodile could've done more, but it was great seeing Ash's more "fun" Pokemon in a fun episode.

As predicted, none of Ash's Pokemon evolved and there were no new captures. People should have realistic expectations.

Good to see Kingler/Muk/Tauros/Snorlax in the opening, they chose some good clips for them.

Honestly could've done without Team Rocket tbh. Also said 10000 times, but I wish we got more of this during Journeys.

Last edited:

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Cute episode. Ash feels like a completely different character again (though at least this time it's a good version of him), Psyduck is Psyduck and for the first time in years that Ash actually uses a reserve in a real battle...it's so we can see it lose.

Weird that Misty wasn't terrified of Leavanny though.
Infernape:Am i a joke to you?

TheNewGuy

>A bunch of episodes where a character does a bunch of random sh!t not building up towards anything is supposed to be a closure

Lol nice epilogue you got there…

I mean, literally yes. Except I wouldn't call it "random", as it's revisiting old characters and/or locations. There is a logic behind it. In this case, competing over Clauncher specifically recalled the Totodile episode. Not random at all.

Also "a closure" is not a ****ing thing. Just say "closure".

(Which, again, I got when he beat Leon, especially in the manner he did.

It seems you're misunderstanding my posts, either deliberately or otherwise. Ash's development as a character, his journey, culminated in the Leon match. Both dramatically and just... logistically, it ended there. I felt happy to move on then, as he had nowhere else to go as a character; this is just a 13-episode goodbye, free of Goh and any other Journeys trappings. It has a chilled, relaxed pace where we see characters and Pokemon that are long absent and are unlikely to reappear in the new series. I don't think it needs to be anything else. Ash is explicitly not pursuing any singular goal here. It's Pokemon as a hangout movie.)

Last edited:

Nikinini

They almost argued after their battle in SM, Brock was the one that stopped them.
Misty is not even the only person he's like this around, Iris is the same, and they also argued in her return in JN.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
They almost argued after their battle in SM, Brock was the one that stopped them.
Misty is not even the only person he's like this around, Iris is the same, and they also argued in her return in JN.
Pokemon fans when they realize a character will not behave exactly the same around every single person: :eek:

nuzamaki90

Yeah this episode was honestly amazing. Totally had everything you could ask for in terms of interactions between Ash and Misty. Misty calling Ash loud, and Ash calling Misty loud and obnoxious is chef’s kiss. I would’ve totally been fine if it was just the two of them traveling together but gotta have a middle man that keeps them from killing each other.

Speaking of traveling, I thought it was really neat how Misty said she was inspired by Ash’s Championship victory to go on a new journey. One thing I wanted out of this new series is to show Ash’s World Champion title’s affect on the world going forward and I’m glad it directly had influence on Misty. Strange that there was no Goh mention but who cares honestly kek

Really the episode as a whole was fantastic. More interactions of Ash’s Pokémon are always welcome like Leavanny taking care of Rowlet and Totodile and Pikachu sleeping next to each other. It feels like one big happy family. Loved the romance subplot between Corphish and Clauncher, which I know will be prime shipping fuel going forward. Team Rocket trying to eat Clauncher’s claws was also wild, especially when Meowth was talking about cutting it with scissors. What the hell was up with that? Even the battle was great; World Champion Misty is here! Also Latias!

But the best part of this episode beyond the genuine relationship between Ash and Misty was Miyazaki’s classic OST. This is without a doubt one of my favorite episodes of Journeys to date.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Uh...when did I deny that?

He definitely acts like a completely different character here. Most of these traits haven't been a part of his personality in years.

I...never said he was being bratty. Rather than me rewatching the episode, I think you need to re-read my comment first.

Anyway, this conversation is pointless. Not continuing it any further.
It's one thing to say we haven't seen Ash act like this in a long while
It's another to say it's OOC for him to still tease Misty back when she's getting on his nerves and they are playfully going back and forth

wellwellwells

Liked the episode, wished we would have seen Leavanny, Rowlet and Totodile do something more, at least against Team Rocket.

Politoed moveset is now Hydropump, Bounce, Focus Blast and Megapunch.
Corphish still has Crab Hammer but learned Metal Claw and Aqua Jet.

Last thing we know Misty on-hand team was Gyarados, Psyduck, Staryu and Corsola.

As of this episode, she now Azuril and Politoed with her, and now Clawitzer, so Gyarados, Staryu or Corsola (or all three) has been left at the gym.

MunchMunch

Liked the episode, wished we would have seen Leavanny, Rowlet and Totodile do something more, at least against Team Rocket.

Politoed moveset is now Hydropump, Bounce, Focus Blast and Megapunch.
Corphish still has Crab Hammer but learned Metal Claw and Aqua Jet.

Last thing we know Misty on-hand team was Gyarados, Psyduck, Staryu and Corsola.

As of this episode, she now Azuril and Politoed with her, and now Clawitzer, so Gyarados, Staryu or Corsola (or all three) has been left at the gym.
Brock and Misty have a lot of Pokemon just as Ash. My guess is that they're going to show them roating them too.