• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash VS Misty! A One-on-One on the Beach!! (1227)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This episode was the BEST it could have been istg they did everything right
I really don't get how Ash and Misty were out of character, especially Misty considering it's pretty accurate to her SM and AG appearances even if it involves more her trolling Ash
Just because they had banter and a rivalry again doesn't mean they devolved back to their OS selves, if anything it feels like a proper evolution to that dynamic with the characters they are today, but people gotta complain ig

Ash losing doesn't bother me one bit but I can't wait for everyone to get salty about it lmao. Cmon now, it's not like Ash lost with the mons that made him world champion or he was incompetent during the battle. Corpish just needs more training. It's not like Misty is actually the world champion lmao, the loss doesn't harm him in any way and is the best direction the episode went

Latias following Ash is such a W I CANNOT wait until Ash catches it (he must at this point).

All in all this episode was so entertaining throughout. The perfect bookend to the closure, you know in between it got kinda bittersweet coz you can tell it's all building up to all this finally being over. Ash and Misty's dynamic is SO GOOD istfg it was so nice to see such a dynamic after SO LONG

My only gripe with this episode is that the other reserves besides corpfish felt really useless, esp when ep1 did a great job utilising all the reserves.

Nikinini

I got closure when he beat Leon. He had nowhere to go as a character after that. This is an epilogue.
It's not like the show or Ash himself ever even had anything that needs closure. He pursued battling while trying to be Pokemon Master and became the strongest in the world, the show can end at any time.
This is just a quick epilogue to revisit the stuff that Journeys didn't have time to and give a better sense of finality to his journey, before revisiting his dream one last time and giving us a proper ending for Ash. This being episodic like this instead of telling a bigger story couldn't be more in line with the rest of the show.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I really don't get how Ash and Misty were out of character, especially Misty considering it's pretty accurate to her SM and AG appearances even if it involves more her trolling Ash
Just because they had banter and a rivalry again doesn't mean they devolved back to their OS selves, if anything it feels like a proper evolution to that dynamic with the characters they are today
I think people wanted Misty and Ash to just be generically nice to each other or something, because apparently they're supposed to be too mature to have banter with each other or mess with each other, lmao.

I also don't understand the complaint. Ash doesn't have the same dynamic with every character. Like, actual people IRL don't have the same dynamic with every single person, depending on your history and how close you are, you will behave differently around each other.

Bendicion

Water Master
I can’t express how enjoyable and nostalgic this episode was! It was so nice to see Ash and Misty reunite. It was just like old times. I’m really glad we got to see them show how they’ve both developed since their last meeting. And wooo Misty stans stay winning. New Pokemon for Misty now. POLITOED I LOVE U THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
This episode was the BEST it could have been istg they did everything right
Just because they had banter and a rivalry again doesn't mean they devolved back to their OS selves, if anything it feels like a proper evolution to that dynamic with the characters they are today, but people gotta complain ig

Ash losing doesn't bother me one bit but I can't wait for everyone to get salty about it lmao. Cmon now, it's not like Ash lost with the mons that made him world champion or he was incompetent during the battle. Corpish just needs more training. It's not like Misty is actually the world champion lmao, the loss doesn't harm him in any way and is the best direction the episode went

Latias following Ash is such a W I CANNOT wait until Ash catches it (he must at this point).

All in all this episode was so entertaining throughout. The perfect bookend to the closure, you know in between it got kinda bittersweet coz you can tell it's all building up to all this finally being over. Ash and Misty's dynamic is SO GOOD istfg it was so nice to see such a dynamic after SO LONG

My only gripe with this episode is that the other reserves besides corpfish felt really useless, esp when ep1 did a great job utilising all the reserves.

Misty should be glad that Ash didn't use Pikachu this time. Not only has the Electric Mouse has been the bane of Misty's Pokémon (to the point Misty had use Togepi to ensure Ash didn't get a free win), but it's also the world's most powerful Pokémon.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I think people wanted Misty and Ash to just be generically nice to each other or something, because apparently they're supposed to be too mature to have banter with each other or mess with each other, lmao.

I also don't understand the complaint. Ash doesn't have the same dynamic with every single person.
Ash being a smug little s*** stopped being a part of his character ages ago. I'm not complaining that he went back to it (personally thought he was at his best in OS) but I don't see why people can't complain about it being inconsistent...even though Ash as a whole has been inconsistent for years, and him being inconsistent is more consistent than him being consistent at this rate.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Honestly, I didn't think Ash was gonna get Clauncher in the end. Yes, him losing does stink, but I thought the battle between Politoed and Corphish was fun. Heck, he almost ended up winning, so that's fair.

What I really liked about this episode was seeing Ash and Misty interact again. A highlight for me was Misty taking note of Ash's Cilan lure in place of hers. This mini-series is looking to not only be a nostalgia trip, but it's also honoring a lot of the characters and Pokémon we've grown up with.

Oh, and Latias is still following Ash! Nice touch! Now it's onto Brock and Cilan next week!

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Ash being a smug little s*** stopped being a part of his character ages ago.
Ash wasn't being a smug little s*it in this episode, he was just having fun with his good friend as they were teasing each other like old times. Naturally Ash and Misty will have this dynamic. Do you think once Ash passes a certain point of "character development", he just loses the ability to have fun with people and tease them? Is he supposed to just be generic nice guy with everyone? Lmao.

I think you have a severe misunderstanding of Ash as a character.

Delphine

>A bunch of episodes where a character does a bunch of random sh!t not building up towards anything is supposed to be a closure

Lol nice epilogue you got there…
Well its your opinion that a closure needs a building up. Especially if you know it's a kids show.

I really liked the episode. I loved the funny interactions between Ash and Misty and it really felt like the old days. The rivalry (or romance ) between Corphish and Clauncher was cute.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
They're pandering to OS nostalgia by having them act like they did in Kanto. I'd complain that neither of 'em are acting how they should, but Ash's character has already been mangled so badly that he's like 11 different people now.

Man as bad as it is, i hope they change their personalities again as the next eps come out.

I disliked misty as a kid for a reason, so not looking forward to reliving that for the rest of the eps.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Ash wasn't being a smug little s*it in this episode, he was just having fun with his good friend and teasing each other. Naturally Ash and Misty will have this dynamic. Do you think once Ash passes a certain point he just loses the ability to have fun with people and tease them?
The way people act around each other changes as they get older, just as people themselves change. Hell I'm pretty sure I remember their interactions being different in SM as well, this almost feels like they went back to OS for a bit.

Not a bad thing at all, as I said I like this version of Ash, but I wouldn't call it 'consistent' when it's more nostalgia pandering than anything.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash being a smug little s*** stopped being a part of his character ages ago. I'm not complaining that he went back to it (personally thought he was at his best in OS) but I don't see why people can't complain about it being inconsistent...even though Ash as a whole has been inconsistent for years, and him being inconsistent is more consistent than him being consistent at this rate.
Yeah lol this makes zero sense
Ash in OS was in general a smug little **** who was arrogant and didn't have the skills to back up his boasts, but had a heart of gold nonetheless and cared for his friends and Pokemon and had a unique style

Here Ash is still his mature self who's grown up now. He isn't a "smug little ****" in this episode just because he meets Misty again who touches his nerves and being his old friend he starts teasing her again, that's SUCH a gross misunderstanding

GhostWallker98

Imagine this whole Latias following Ash leads to nothing. I doubt it will lead to nothing since the last Pokemon that followed him, he did catch back in Unova and I think it would just be a huge waste if he decides not to catch it. Going to remain hopeful.