• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash VS Misty! A One-on-One on the Beach!! (1227)

Morax

King of heroes
TRio acknowledging them as lovers and them both rejecting with a clear embarrassed blush running across their faces is pretty overt and two-sided. I'm not even a shipper, I like Kasumi/Satoshi's interactions on a base level. PokeShipping is just a nice and quick label for it but this is hardly a reach. But ship wars are dumb and neither one of us is obviously changing our minds so I'd rather drop it. Fact is this is the only Satoshi ship with clear non-platonic implications from both parties even if Kasumi carries the lion's share of it. Kanto saga was pretty heavy handed about that.
Oh my god this is NaruSaku all over again xD

He doesn’t like her anymore. He doesn’t like anybody rn. Digging up old memories is fine and dandy but don’t be expecting this ship to go anywhere because it never got a resolution to begin with. It has always been a gag. (Hell even lana had a few ‘is he your boyfriend’ moments iirc. This anime has a tendency to do that, doesn’t mean its going anywhere, no ship really is)

Red and Blue

Gingertail24

Honestly I think it's fair for people to be upset or confused on why corphish/Ash lost. But at this point I'm unbothered by it. And misty is no push over so it's not too bad. Now if it lost to someone like mallow, that's a different story lol

But I'm mostly apathetic towards it because Ash is leaving anyways. These power scaling discussion are gonna be put to rest soon enough

Sham

The Guardian of War
Also what is with people saying Ash had a personality change? Why do people act like they lack the social skills and intelligence, I know most of you should have? Misty is able to bring out “OS Ash” because she’s doing certain things. Why would Ash behave all sassy etc to Goh or whoever when they don’t have the same dynamic?

Please be serious. Different people can bring out different personality traits and responses. Ash is acting this way because he has that dynamic with Misty and vice versa

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Also what is with people saying Ash had a personality change? Why do people act like they lack the social skills and intelligence, I know most of you should have? Misty is able to bring out “OS Ash” because she’s doing certain things. Why would Ash behave all sassy etc to Goh or whoever when they don’t have the same dynamic?

Please be serious. Different people can bring out different personality traits and responses. Ash is acting this way because he has that dynamic with Misty and vice versa
Also his character and personality was assassinated in BW and he's been having drastic character and personality changes since then so it shouldn't even matter anymore lol.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
They just answered their own question, lol

I don't recall Corphish beating an elite four level pokemon, that said while I personally don't mind it losing here, I can understand why people would get mad about the reserves coming back to lose or do nothing cause it doesn't make them look good and makes one wonder what the point of them coming back is in general.

Honestly I think it's fair for people to be upset or confused on why corphish/Ash lost. But at this point I'm unbothered by it. And misty is no push over so it's not too bad.

yeah and it could call into question if training at the lab really makes a difference or not for all of them, because if they are supposed to be getting tougher there, then they should be even more powerful than when we last saw them used, decade or not.

Most of the people I see being deep into it are either hardcore OG series fans, or pokeshippers looking for anything to take as "hints".

Also his character and personality was assassinated in BW and he's been having drastic character and personality changes since then so it shouldn't even matter anymore lol.

Which was likely done due to how the first 2 BW games were...they reset us by forcing us to use only unova pokemon, and forced Ash to go through it as well, but did go abit far with it...the episode where Iris debuted Excadrill was proof of that.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't recall Corphish beating an elite four level pokemon, that said while I personally don't mind it losing her, I can understand why people would get mad about ther reserves coming back to lose or do nothing cause it doesn't make them look good.

yeah and it could call into question if training at the lab really makes a difference or not for all of them, because if they are supposed to be getting tougher there, then they should be even more powerful than when we last saw them used, decade or not.

Most of the people I see being deep into it are either hardcore OG series fans, or pokeshippers looking for anything to take as "hints".

Which was likely done due to how the first 2 BW games were...they reset us by forcing us to use only unova pokemon, and forced Ash to go through it as well.
They really should have just replaced Ash back then if they were going to replace him eventually.

Gingertail24

Honestly with the whole personality change discourse, I'm 50/50 on it. This more snarky side of Ash was honestly dulled down by ALOT in recent series, but it is true that it's easier to see it when misty is around him. It's not a completely baseless claim

Gingertail24

That's one question that we'll still be asking after he leaves...why did the writers not want to let him go sooner?
Because winning a league is different from being the strongest trainer in the world. If Ash left after sinnoh or kalor or whatever, many people would rightfully believe there is still higher stakes.

But after beating Leon, where else do you even go from here. How do you even write rivals? Whose is even gonna be stronger than Leon? Greeta? Lol

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Because winning a league is different from being the strongest trainer in the world. If Ash left after sinnoh or kalor or whatever, many people would rightfully believe there is still higher stakes.

But after beating Leon, where else do you even go from here. How do you even write rivals? Whose is even gonna be stronger than Leon? Greeta? Lol

and yet winning a league is exactly what set him on the path to beating Leon and becoming the world monarch.

They could've pulled the trigger earlier at any time if it would've lead to what happened now, but why they didn't is still the question.

Also, sorry to mini-mod, but you shouldn't triple post, I just don't want you to get in trouble.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Having watched this episode with subs I’ve really gotta say that I’m absolutely loving this mini series. Whereas Journeys had felt so sterile and corporate, these episodes thus far feel so full of heart and soul. You really get to see Ash and Misty being so expressive in their interactions in a way that we haven’t seen in years. While Sun and Moon did expressiveness, you can genuinely feel the dynamic between the 2 that exists because they’ve known eachother for so long. The episode honestly felt like something right out of my childhood and hit all the right notes. You can honestly feel how this mini series is basically a love letter to the older fans and I’m all for it.

Sham

The Guardian of War
  • That Rotom Phone is chaotic. It literally doesn't want to ever do it's job as a Pokedex but suddenly remembers that the crabs arms never breaks off and encourages TRio to eat it
  • LOTS of BW music used here, what's going on?
  • Ash trolling Misty was the highlight of this episode especially saying Cilan's hook works better
  • Misty's excitement when Ash fell into the lake too was priceless, not Azumarill and Psyduck encouraging that behavior too
  • I love when Team Rocket breaks the fourth wall, "you've been gone for a long time haven't you original brat girl?"
  • Did this episode just confirm that people eat Pokemon?
  • This is the second time Pikachu got dubbed from battling a companion, first Iris and now Misty, Tragic
  • I love the call back for Ash asking why Misty is following him and she's denying the true reason.
This has got to be one of the best episodes of Journeys. It actually has rewatch value and it's amazing how even after all of these years Ash and Misty (and by proxy their voice actors) still have all of that amazing chemistry. Looking forwards to the other episodes.

Edit: And then they ended it with "To be Continued"? Chefs kiss.

greninjamaster

So Misty is staying with Ash because she wants Clauncher and Corphish to continue bonding even though it's probably likely we won't see much of Corphish again. Try making the lie less obvious next time Misty.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I don't think this is Journeys anymore. Isn't it ATBAM?
I don't think they ever called it a new separate series especially when he's wearing the same clothes, exact same art style and from what I recall they didn't even do the "next time a new beginning...". It's probably no different than when they called Best Wishes, Best Wishes Season 2 despite it not being a different series.

Morax

King of heroes
So Misty is staying with Ash because she wants Clauncher and Corphish to continue bonding even though it's probably likely we won't see much of Corphish again. Try making the lie less obvious next time Misty.
Remember when lyra asked dawn if ash was her boyfriend and she had a bright red blush on her face?

Lelouch-Red

Watched the episode with subs now.

This is OG Pokemon. What Pokemon should have always been. They found the right formula again, just before ending Ash's journey. Why couldn't JN been like this. Just why. MPM brought back childhood memories, Its like I used a time machine and woke up in 1999.

With the subs I like the dialogues even more. The first one is, that the title for Misty never changes. She is and will always be the "The tomboyish mermaid" for us. 90's Pokemon really returned. The second catch is, that Meowth and Team Rocket calls Misty "the original brat girl". Such kino reference.

People eating Pokemon is a thing since OG times. Do you not all remember that Magikarp who was split into meat? With Clauncher its just his claws and not the pokemon as a whole, but still kino reference.

Pikachu-Pi is another kino reference.

The ending is directly a callback to episode 3. Misty trying to find excuses "uh... its just for Corpish, okay". 25 years ago it was her bike, now its Corpish. Misty never changes. This tomboyish attitude of her, just perfect.

The constant arguing between Ash and Misty, again kino. Ash's original persona, is so fun to watch, especially the constant roasting. I really laughed when Ash said, that Misty wanted to hook Clauncher, but got hooked instead.

What can I say, the OST were all perfect. Purely nostalgia.

But with MPM being so good, it feels like that we were robbed for a long time. Especially when we look at the wasted potential of JN.